Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vogel weigert nieuw contract PSV

Johann Vogel weigert in te gaan op de nieuwe aanbieding die PSV hem heeft gedaan, meldt het Eindhovens Dagblad.
Het contract van de Zwitserse middenvelder loopt in de zomer van 2005 af. De Eindhovense club bood de 26-jarige speler een nieuw contract aan tegen een lager salaris. Vogel heeft echter laten weten niet in te willen gaan op dat nieuwe voorstel.

Vogel is bezig aan zijn zesde seizoen bij PSV. Hij kwam in de zomer van 1999 transfervrij over van Grasshoppers. Hij veroverde onder de toenmalige coach Erik Gerets direct een basisplaats en heeft die eigenlijk nimmer hoeven afstaan. Alleen in de eerste maanden van het vorige seizoen zette coach Guus Hiddink de Zwitserse international enkele malen op de bank.

In de zomer van 1999 kwam de international over van het Zwitserse Grasshoppers. Daar had hij een aflopend contract, zodat hij zonder transfersom naar Noord-Brabant kon vertrekken. Tegen Omroep Brabant zegt Vogel: "Ik denk dat PSV toe is aan vernieuwing en ik aan een nieuwe uitdaging."
:howler: :D

but seriously who does he think he is? no club in Europe having CL aspirations will want an average anti footballer like him. I bet if he signs for a new club, it'll probably be something like Borussia Munchengladbach.

PSV won't miss him that badly if he goes imo. but PSV do seriously need to invest in their midfield when Lothar, Robben and probably even Rommedahl.

This could be it next season:eek:

Park--de Jong--Vd Schaaf:howler: /Smit/Hoogstrate--Ramzi??

Shocking midfield if PSV play in next seasons CL. They need someone like Cocu imo (still possible since he hasn't signed anything yet at Barca) since this midfield is horrid.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Wally said:
:This could be it next season:eek:

Park--de Jong--Vd Schaaf:howler: /Smit/Hoogstrate--Ramzi??
:howler:

But hey, they will also have Mr. Zwolle Takak. :happy: ;)

Anyway, I hope Feyenoord gets the 2nd spot or PSV will buy some good replacement, because that will save Dutch football an embarrasment. :eek:

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Beter één Vogel bij je tegenstander, dan één in je ploeg. ;)

At least that will release from another annoying player, who added nothing special to this PSV team. In the first few years he was praised for his consistency, but after that people got fed up with unspectacular style and all his 'tikkies breed'. Gerets was always a big fan of him, so perhaps Wolfsburg could be his new destination. Otherwise some other German midtable team at best.

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
That midfield mentioned would indeed be far too weak to make any headlines with in the Champions League. However, in the Dutch league even that midfield would still be above average. There's a big chance vPersie can also be added to that midfield, and maybe Cocu. Otherwise I think there will be another addidition, but from outside of Holland. Wev'e also got Leandro, who's finally back from injury, and Affelay, Velasco, and Bakkal can also fill midfield spots.
Of course, it's always gonna be weaker compared to when you have vBommel, Robben et al, but I'm sure PSV will be going for a top 2 finish in the league again next season.

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bazman said:
but I'm sure PSV will be going for a top 2 finish in the league again next season.
Can you say that hand on heart??
You're only 3 points ahead of a Feyenoord which resembled more of an FC Knudde in the first 18 or so league games and this with Robben, Van Bommel , Kezman and co. in your team!! also only Robben, Rommedahl and Ooijer have been long term misses and out of those 3, only Robben is really unreplaceable with your full squad.

Feyenoord will only get stronger and with Sevilla entering the race for Van Persie yesterday, it's not certain now he'll go to PSV since he said he'd want to go to PSV when only PSV was interested in him and no other clubs. Also PSVs youth team with Affolay, Bakkal and Velasco is only 5th and 15 points behind Feyenoord, Ajax and Heerenveen in that competition. Doesn't really suggest that they're shining nor first team material yet.
PSVs defence looks good but other than that Hiddink will have to do some serious homework in all departments to have a team worthy of getting second place.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Agree with you Wally, who does he think he is? He's just an average player with nothing extra... can't understand him, can understand he wants to leave, but his next club shall be only worse than PSV...

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Bazman said:
That midfield mentioned would indeed be far too weak to make any headlines with in the Champions League. However, in the Dutch league even that midfield would still be above average. There's a big chance vPersie can also be added to that midfield, and maybe Cocu. Otherwise I think there will be another addidition, but from outside of Holland. Wev'e also got Leandro, who's finally back from injury, and Affelay, Velasco, and Bakkal can also fill midfield spots.
Of course, it's always gonna be weaker compared to when you have vBommel, Robben et al, but I'm sure PSV will be going for a top 2 finish in the league again next season.
Velasco will move to AGOVV, so he won't be of any help next season and I have my doubts about Affelay and Bakkal. I'm not sure if they only made their debuts this season thnx to all the injuries or the fact that they're really talented.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
gOD, I don't like Vogel for the reasons already mentioned by myself and also the fact that he's a bit 'achterbaks'. Applauding and waiving VdV goodbye for example after his red card in Eindhoven earlier this season. Besides that he flopped in some of the big games, when even his tikkies breed didn't reach a teammate. Best example was the first minute goal by Arsenal last season as result.

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
Maybe top 2 is too optimistic, but I can hardly imagine PSV finishing lower than 3rd. I mean, we're not just talking about the (possible)strength of PSV for next season here, but also the erratical performances of Heerenveen and AZ. Didn't they recently lose to Zwolle? These teams drop too many points to convince me that they will finish higher than PSV.
If vPersie goes to Sevilla, than it's indeed a double blow for us. No vPersie(in my mind arguably Holland's most talented young player), and double the money going to Rotterdam than what we offered. However, it still remains to be seen whehter or not Wotte can be named Baan the second or not. Personally, I don't have to much faith in het aankoopbelied of Wotte, but we shall see. As coach, Gullit has had nice successes, but has gone down badly too. So I'm not overly convinced about him either. Nevertheless, I think Feyenoord will be a much bigger threat to both PSV and Ajax next season, as they have this season.
About Vogel, that he's a lightweight for the Champions League we knew. But what disappointed me most is, that he also (pretended to be?) a lightweight in the league this season.
He's a net-niet player with a nice glory shot I think.

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I too think PSV should end in the top 3 next season. Also if they get good players in the summer they'd need time to gel and adapt so a title shot is not on the cards but who knows maybe Ajax will lose a substantial number of players in the summer too. That'd make an exciting 3 horse title race for next season instead of Ajax walking away with it next season, which is what I expect to happen if they keep their team in tact (I actually think Ajax will get raided in the summer of 2005 btw, not this summer).

Despite Feyenoord comfortably being 3rd now which I'm pretty pleased about, I'm a tad disappointed in AZ and Heerenveen. Course Co has done wonders this season but his purchases for next season, Matthijsen and Sektioui from Willem II will only add strength in depth but not improve the team in quality imo. Heerenveen too will only be getting good prospects from the Gouden Gids divisie in Rose and YIldrim. I was really hoping that some of the subtoppers would really make a push to the top 3 but I guess that won't happen realistically and financially. So it'll be the same old story, and even if either PSV, Feyenoord or Ajax have bad seasons, they'll end 3rd :groan: that saying how on earth did Ajax end like 6th a few years back???!!:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts