Germany beats Poland
Spain beats England
Croatia beats France

SF:
Germany beats Holland (god forbid)
Spain beats Croatia

F:
Spain :palm:

I think Croatia followed by Poland Will be dark horses, Italy group exit, Germany has a tough order of games playing Denmark last so all depends on winning the first fame before they find their usual rythm and run to Final otherwise Portugal could dump them out with Bayern core still fatigued...

Predictions?

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Nothing wrong with Spain winning it. They have the best side.

A line-up of this sort deserves to win it all:

-------------Torres
Iniesta------------------Silva
----------Cesc----Xavi
------------Busquets
----------x---Pique---Ramos

Simply brilliant.

·
Banned
570 Posts
Croatia knock Ireland, France, and Italy out? Doubt that.

Holland and Germany can't meet in the semifinals.

I highly doubt Spain win it this time, especially without two of their most important players in Villa & Puyol.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Puyol and Villa most important? Villa once was, but is replaceable as most of their strikers can score for fun with that insane midfield... Puyol? Come on. They barely even need defenders.

Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Busquets is where every game is won.

Having Torres and Silva also helps.

·
Banned
570 Posts
Puyol and Villa most important? Villa once was, but is replaceable as most of their strikers can score for fun with that insane midfield... Puyol? Come on. They barely even need defenders.

Some of the most important, I recognize how crucial Xavi and Iniesta are to this team too, that's why I put 'two of' and not 'the'.

None of the strikers in this squad are like Villa or could properly replace him, Torres can't in his current hiatus.

Puyol is absolutely detrimental for them at the back, he's the leader back there and things seem very disorganized without him. It's not the same without him, that's of course why they convinced him to stay available for Spain and not retire in 2010.

Cesc isn't even a starter and Silva is poor in some segments of play so he isn't one of the main guys right now.

·
CULT OF PERSONALITY
21,014 Posts
Puyol and Villa most important? Villa once was, but is replaceable as most of their strikers can score for fun with that insane midfield...
he is one of the most important and his absence will hurt specially if someone cant take the responsibilty in his absense.
Puyol? Come on. They barely even need defenders.
sorry vedzy but that is crap. Puyol is a very important center piece for Spain. Just watch his movements while playing. A great defender for them.
He is the guy, plus a captain who brings the much needed spirit and passion in the side.

And Spain or Barcelona not needing a defense is a huge myth. We have seen this season that due to bad form of Pique and injuries to Puyol how Barca have suffered.

Torres no please. He has never been in the same level as Villa for Spain dont let the 2008 final goal confuse you.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Nothing wrong with Spain winning it. They have the best side.

A line-up of this sort deserves to win it all:

-------------Torres
Iniesta------------------Silva
----------Cesc----Xavi
------------Busquets

Simply brilliant.
Imagine if they use 11 players.

·
Registered
69,181 Posts
Croatia won't even get out of the group :D

but who knows, doing calculations its actually possible to get out of Group C with 2 points if Spain win all their matches :drunk:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I dont see Spain or Germany winning this time.
France, Italy, Holland and England are capable for winning against anyone in a good day, so dont be surprised if Spain dont win 2012 :)

·
Registered
40,302 Posts
Croatia won't even get out of the group :D

but who knows, doing calculations its actually possible to get out of Group C with 2 points if Spain win all their matches :drunk:
if Croatia plays superbly as they did in the previous edition, then they're able to pass the group stage.. however, let's wait at least the 1st match

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Puyol is nowhere near the player he was when they won the World Cup, let alone the last Euro. He is most definitely replaceable, and no longer an imperative part of the Spainish backline - both Ramos and Pique are more important. Villa has dropped off since signing for Barca, he too is replaceable - and Torres can most certainly do the job for Spain. Watch him finish top goalscorer!

And....

As Joshua pointed out, imagine if had 11 players in the line-up.

I think I'll throw in XABI who I completly forgot about!!

My oh my. Shut the gates. It's over. Put your houses on it boys.

-------------Torres
Iniesta-------Cesc------Silva
----------Xabi----Xavi
------------Busquets
-------------Casillas

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Puyol is nowhere near the player he was when they won the World Cup, let alone the last Euro. He is most definitely replaceable, and no longer an imperative part of the Spainish backline - both Ramos and Pique are more important. Villa has dropped off since signing for Barca, he too is replaceable - and Torres can most certainly do the job for Spain. Watch him finish top goalscorer!

And....

As Joshua pointed out, imagine if had 11 players in the line-up.

I think I'll throw in XABI who I completly forgot about!!

My oh my. Shut the gates. It's over. Put your houses on it boys.

-------------Torres
Iniesta-------Cesc------Silva
----------Xabi----Xavi
------------Busquets
-------------Casillas
Puyol, who is out on injury? The same Puyol who was better than Pique this season and who still clearly has it? Villa who too is missing the Euro and who was injured all season? Xabi in the starting XI? Three at the back?

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Puyol, who is out on injury? The same Puyol who was better than Pique this season and who still clearly has it? Villa who too is missing the Euro and who was injured all season? Xabi in the starting XI? Three at the back?
Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Three at the back. Ramos, Pique, and lets say Javi Martinez.

And BOOM goes the DYNAMITE!!

Easy.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts