Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He scored 4 today against the crappy Entrerriense and passed the 300 goal mark with a Vasco shirt. I think he only needs 2 more goals to become the third all time goalscorer for the club.

+ his family is asking him to continue playing until he reaches 1000 goals!;) :cool:

·
Registered
565 Posts
ROMARIO = GOD

:strong: DAMNED, ROMÁRIO IS SUPER!!!! WHY SCOLARI HATES HIM? IS ALL BECAUSE JEALOUSY :( BECAUSE SOME BASTARDS LIKE THAT F***** COACH, WE WILL NOT SEE GOD IN WC 2002!!!!:( :depress: :depress: :depress:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Guys, this guy is really amazing. I don't care what Felipao says or does Romario has heart, leadership and sure he may not run too much but he gets to goals to the back of the net and that's what counts right? extremelly talented player too and is always very well placed to score the goals. Romario is the man! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ze da Fiel, I have one more question, before I arrive in Brazil, in few days. Romario has a kind of a bar or a night club some where in rio, is it true? Can someone tell me where it is exactlly? I just want to go there and thank him personaly for all the good moments he gave me at the last 15 years or so
:D

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was a bar. I think it has already turned into a Bingo. It has been closed inthe last 2 years......but anyway i believe the sign is still up.

Its on Barra da Tijuca at Rio, in front of the "barraca do Pepe" . Go there anyway, cause you'll see the best women of the world in bikinis!;) ;) Advice: Spend much time in Rio!;) :cool: :D

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Princess Samra

Princess (Tidge):

See your avatar and teams shows "Milan." How long have you been a fan? More to the point, were you a fan when Leonardo was putting out his magic at the San Siro?

thanks,

doug

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
4th star - Presumably you are going to visit Fluminense's and Vasco's grounds? Well worth a visit - Fluminense's ground has a great backdrop.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
I was there in 1998 for Brazil-Argentina in the Maracana and basically just got in a taxi and said take me to Fluminense's ground! They let us in and, as luck would have it, they were training (Edinho was then tecnico). I also went to Vasco's ground (impressive), Botafogo's (not that good in truth) and Flamengo's old training ground. Finally, I have a good friend/contact in England (he used to look after the Selecao when they came to England) who wrote a letter for me to hand to a representative at the CBF thus enabling me to get in and look round the trophy room. On the tourist front, do do the helicopter trip - twirling around the giant Christ figure was something else! There was also a night club called Maxims (on top of a shopping centre). The Help disco is worth avoiding unless you go for ladies of the night (!) - I do not!! Best to e-mail me if you want more information because this is a futebol forum and I am getting all holidayish!!

·
Registered
589 Posts
I will definately miss him on this years world cup he is simple the best I hope all the current strikers watch his goals over and over again and learn something...

He is simple the best there is...

Cheers:D

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Visit to Rio

Nice commentary Sao Taffarel. Sounds as if you got the full flavor.

4th star: I don't know if you are going there for futebol and nothing else, but aside from avoiding Sao Taffarel's disco, I would suggest a short inquiry into what drives the country besides futebol: the samba. I know none of this first person. I can hardly wait until I can visit, but live my dreams only by records, an occasional video, and books. From what I have learned second-hand, the samba is not a rhythm, not a dance, not a song. It is life!!! One of the great ones described that for each brasilian his or her personal samba is up, down, or unchanged for the day, much like the stock market. (Beth Carvalho) I would commend to you a short book from a first-time visitor who was asked by his publisher to handle an assignment on Chico Buarque de Hollanda, a figure who rises to the stature of Frank Sinatra down there. The author was transfixed by what he found there, going all the way from carnaval to the samba schools and concerts going all around the country.

"A Simple Brazilian Song [Journeys Through the Rio Sound] " by James Woodall (Little, Brown and Co. (UK) ISBN: 0 316 88343 3
( (c)1997). A nice writer who almost had never heard of Brasil before getting this assignment. His sojourn there transfixed him to this day.

Around Rio there are plenty of clubs for sessions that caught Wodall's attention (or so I read and hear). I think you could do worse than to get a little of this flavor. I would give my "eye teeth" to be in your shoes and travelling there right now when the selecao is reaching a fever pitch. Instead, I content myself with my CD collection ($400 and climbing). I love jazz and the great American and international artists that perform same, but for the past five years I listen exclusively to what came out of Brasil in the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and even now.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
4th star,
My sister is a tourist guide. She'll show you the city, but hten again she will charge you. She'll take you to cool places that normal tourists normally don't know about, and she speaks fluent English, something quite rare in Rio.
If you are interested email me at: [email protected]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts