Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....what win would count more for you personally? I am of the opinion that a league title counts the most, because this underlines your performances over one whole season. And it doesn´t make a difference how much you won before already.
Whereas in the CL you also need the luck and sometimes the best team does not win this. But 6 years after Barcelona it would also be nice to see United win CL again.
Which title do you BELIEVE in at the moment? Or could we win both even?

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
The Champions League is the most prestigious trophy in football, in my humble opinion.

It is the biggest stage, for the biggest players, and the biggest teams in Europe.

Personally I put it ahead of the premiership every season, there's nothing quite like an epic European tie.

Where else can you see Man Utd v Milan, Barca v Chelsea, Real v Juve, Arsenal v Munich?

It's the best quality of football you can watch, and that's why I love it :)

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
It has to be the Champions League. I mean, i know what you're saying about league showing how good you really are as its throughout the course of a whole year, whereas, the Champions League isnt always won by the best team... BUT, the Champions League is the ultimate prize in anyones books. The Champions of Europe!

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Being the Champions of Europe is way more prestigious than being the Champions of England IMO. In Europe we have only won two of them, and that is not enough for a club of this stature. We had chances when fergies messed up in the 90s in Europe with that great side, and also against the Real side at home(when we were defending champions).
Also, if the Munich Air Disaster did not happen, that team would have pushed the Madrid team all the way.
But that is all in the past and for the future we have to win more titles in Europe to catch up with the Scousers firstly and then maybe try and catch Milano.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
CL 2 shut up liverpool fans as they have won it 4 times and we wud b on 3

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Pumba said:
CL 2 shut up liverpool fans as they have won it 4 times and we wud b on 3
So why would that shut us up? We'd still have more, face it you will forever be in our shadows. It's tradition

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
I would forget about the CL early if I were you. That trophy belongs to Milan ;)

·
International
9,526 Posts
well, I have to say my thoughts on this have changed dramatically in the past few days. If we won the League this season I wouldn't give a monkeys how we did in Europe. Winning the Premiership after what we've been up against would be f#ckin' unbelievable.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
spot on fred... even if we didnt have to face the odds in the EPL this season, i would still prioritise the EPL over CL, because u need to defend ur home before u venture across borders...its also a test of determination, strength and grit....

EPL is a necessity, the CL is luxury

D

·
0 Posts
If I were a Man United fan, I would love to take the prem this year. Especially to shut Mourinho up. It would be one of the most talked about utd premiership wins to date too, more so than when Newcastle were ten points clear.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
For general like I said above, the Champions League comes above the EPL. But Like Fred, OZ and DeJackal have said, winning this years premiership would be special, after being written off since October.
After such a shit start, noone expected us to go on a run like we have done now. Hopefully we keep it up, and beat Citeh.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Speaking from an Arsenal point of view I'd rather the Premiership, because it's actually a realistic target and a trophy we can win :shades:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Simba said:
The Champions League is the most prestigious trophy in football, in my humble opinion.

It is the biggest stage, for the biggest players, and the biggest teams in Europe.

Personally I put it ahead of the premiership every season, there's nothing quite like an epic European tie.

Where else can you see Man Utd v Milan, Barca v Chelsea, Real v Juve, Arsenal v Munich?

It's the best quality of football you can watch, and that's why I love it :)
vedz said:
It has to be the Champions League. I mean, i know what you're saying about league showing how good you really are as its throughout the course of a whole year, whereas, the Champions League isnt always won by the best team... BUT, the Champions League is the ultimate prize in anyones books. The Champions of Europe!
That is what the UCL is. The feeling of being a European Champion is just on another level.

For Utd. though ... this EPL title would be the most special [in Ferguson's reign] under the current circumstances.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I agree with Fred, after all we have been through this season, winning the EPL would be that bit special.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Pumba said:
milan my ass its barca's but we can all dream
Let me remind you that Barca was second in their group. :)

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
CL is special. The feeling....the joy....the ecstasy of being the best in Europe simply cannot be described in words. However this League campaign has been nothing short of a rollercoaster ride and if I was to make a choice between the two this year then I would grab the Premiership trophy with both hands. Chelsea have been awesome throughout the season and if we could somehow pip them at the end then it would awesome.

Still a loong way to go and many obstacles to meet but we can always dream!:)

1 - 20 of 105 Posts