·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still the Swedes are ahead 3-2

Allbäck Nurmela
Edman - Väyrynen
Selakovic

But the Finns might tie. There is a third Finn currently testing in Heerenveen.
After the transfer of Tero Koskela fell through the score between the Swedish and Finnish players was still 3-2. But just now we heard that there is another Finn trying to earn a place in the squad. And again it’s a Tero. This time Tero Penttilä is trying to convince the club of his abilities. He is able to go transfer free from Glasgow Rangers. Rangers is about to cut some players off like Michael Mols, Billy Dodds, Jesper Christiansen, Tero Penttilä and Neil McCann.

Before Penttilä joined Rangers he was a player of FC Lahti and FC Haka, the opponent last week in the practice game against young SC Heerenveen. During his stay in Glasgow he didn’t play much for his club. He picked up a freak injury on his ankle ligament in a practice match. He signed for Rangers in 1999 but didn’t play for the club for almost two years. Only the 20th of March this year he substituted Athur Numan in the 74th minute in a competition match against Kilmarnock. Ironically Kilmarnock was also the opponent on the 7th of May 2000 when he played his last game for the blues before he picked up another injury.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Tero Penttilä is quite a good player & I think he will convince the Heerenveen board to buy him. He has played in the Finnish VeikkausLiiga for FC Haka & he has recently played for Glasgow Rangers reserves although he had a few stints in the first team as well. Penttilä has had a few appearances in the Finnish NT but recently he hasn't made the squad.

I also heard that Finnish U21 NT player, Marco Parnela was on trial at Heerenveen. Why didn't the deal go through?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Juska Savolainen is also a Finnish Heerenveen player. He's with the reserves though.

Penttilä is quite good and would definetly make the NT if playing reguarly in Holland.

·
Registered
207 Posts
A wise move from Penttilä if the deal goes ahead. I hope he can finally get rid of the injuries and get some regular first-team football. Does anyone know what kind of competition there is in Heerenveen's central defense?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts