Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Benfica seems to have developed the questionable of policy of letting the press know every single player they're interested in pursuing. For what it's worth, here's the latest wave of names:

Arif Erden - F - Galtarasay
Juan Figer - F - Uraguay National
Carlos Marchena - D - Sevilla

Who knows what will happen?! What do you guys think of these names?

Forca Benfica!

·
International
5,629 Posts
I don't know much about those players, although I hear Marchena is pretty good. I just hope the Heynckes stays out of the player recruitment picture...I don't understand how you pass on a player like Bento, like he did, or for that matter a player like Deco. Either way it's good that the club is trying to improve, but hopefully not at the cost of the nucleaus of the team...Enke, Nuno, Poborsky, Sabry, and to a certain extent JVP, although he's a special case.

------------------
Viva o Benfica!

R

·
0 Posts
Excuse my ignorance...why is Pinto a special case?

------------------
Ramses II
...Go Sabry

·
International
5,629 Posts
Well because he's had a lousy year. He was one of the biggest flops of the season. If it weren't for Sabry and Nuno playing well we could have finished in fifth or something like that. But he's the captain of the team, and the "golden boy" of Benfica, so because of his reputation he gets "special" treatment. Oh and he's the highest paid portuguese player in the land.

------------------
Viva o Benfica!

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Erden is a good player.. I have seen him play couple of times and he is good, but I am not sure he will be suitable for Benfica.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts