Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Antonio Cassano has once again overshadowed his on-pitch skills with his off-pitch antics.

The young Roma forward left mid-way through his team's training after he was reprimanded by Capello. The Roma coach had in fact told Cassano: "Don't continue with the back heels; you're not Maradona."

Cassano lost his head and left the Trigoria training. As he was making his way out, Capello shouted to him: "Only rabbits leave the pitch."

In all honesty - Capello seems in the wrong for what he said, I mean the manner in which he seemed to have told Cassano wasnt great!!! In fact I feel sorry for Cassano here and hope it doesnt downgrade his performances from now on!

I dont know the full story of course but Capello seems to have acted like a right c**t

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
I think Capello has done the right thing. Cassano should be humbled a bit. And walking out of training is quite a stupid thing to do. It's not the first time he's done that. A lot of great footballers have had their careeres harmed by the lack of discipline and common sense.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Deano said:
Antonio Cassano has once again overshadowed his on-pitch skills with his off-pitch antics.

In all honesty - Capello seems in the wrong for what he said, I mean the manner in which he seemed to have told Cassano wasnt great!!! In fact I feel sorry for Cassano here and hope it doesnt downgrade his performances from now on!

I dont know the full story of course but Capello seems to have acted like a right c**t
seems seems seems

This story didn't tell you that Capello called cassano MANY times before saying "only rabbits run away"

CAPELLO IS COACH!
Cassano hasn't no right whatsoever to run away and should respect Capello's wishes

He is 21 years old!!!

Capello knows what he is doing and Cassano is in the wrong .

I am not hating antonio but I can't belive some of you are blame the head coach

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Its STRIKING for me how this entire soap stuff reminds me of Cruiff-Stoichkov in teh early 90s. Same shit, same ego fight, same walkouts and shouts. Honestly, I am just not sure, Cassano could be that great as Hristo. I know he is an immense tallent, but Stoickov was one of tehse rare guys who wanted to win at any price and was a born fighter and winner. For his own good, I hope Cassano develops same attitude aroudn his bad habits!

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cassano isnt right for walking out

but Capello shouldnt say what he said to Cassano in that manner -

"Don't continue with the back heels; you're not Maradona."

thats an insult to the way hes been playing football since he was young!!!

Although yes Cassano should take it like a man and show Capello what hes about in our next match than walkaway!

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
Arianna said:
Cassano .... another boring "man" :D with bad attitude:rolleyes:

( but good player)
Oh Ary, you wish you had a Cassano level player on your team. You don't have a guy on Udinese who can hold Antonio's jock.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Capello is the coach and so Cassano should have just been quiet and let Capello talk. Not walk out. That is acting like a prima donna. If I was in Cassano's position I would have said, all right sir, and showed him how to play in the next game, having some smart worth taking heel passes/assists, so that Capello could have only shut up. Cassano is good, but Capello is right, he is not Maradona. At times I feel Cassano wants to over skill himself.
That does not mean I don’t like him, I do, a lot, but he should calm down.

·
Registered
13,061 Posts
I'm about as worried with this as I am about Arianna's other dramatic statement that Fuser is demanding back pay from Sensi! Hope I don't lose any sleep tonight. :howler:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
What actually happened was that it was cassano's turn to go and get the Coffee's and he was'nt happy about it.:tongue:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Okay, Capello could've gone easier on Cassano, but that does not justify leaving the pitch.

This just proves that there is a long way to go in Cassano's development. Too bad for Italy, with this attitude he'll not be in Euro 2004.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Jesus.
Its obviously Cassano's fault. He is a show off we all know that and we all also know that Capello is not the kind of guy that saves the words for himself.
Actually they were both wrong. Cassano couldnt just leave and ok Capello is his coach but he has to treat his players in a professional way, especially with Cassano as he knows about his temper.

Another chapter of the soap opera, will Cassano marry Capello after all? :yuck: :groan:

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
The coaches, including Capello, are hard with everyone! Saying that a backheel is unecessary, which it is, is not an insult, it's rather a constructive comment on Cassano's game, to make him an even better player.

We don't want Cassano to turn into a Zidane who makes 500 moves to pass a single player do we?

I want efficient football.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Primo said:
I'm about as worried with this as I am about Arianna's other dramatic statement that Fuser is demanding back pay from Sensi! Hope I don't lose any sleep tonight. :howler:
:D :D :D :D :D ...for me is important what Fuser say:rolleyes: ...or better for my dad is:D

·
Registered
17,518 Posts
Capello has every right to tell Cassano to quit his show pony antics if they aren't being conducive.

Is Cap coaching a football team or a nursery? Is he suppose to factor in the players' "feelings", before he makes a comment about them and their play?

"Don't continue with the back heels; you're not Maradona"...wow what a disparaging comment. I am outraged at Cap's gall...the sheer audacity to censure Mr Antonio larger-than-life Cassano. I mean, who the hell is Fabio Capello? Just the team coach, who is one of the finest in the world and has won everything.

What a nobody...clearly not someone who should be putting Saint Cassano in his place. Sack him, sack him now...

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lets put it this way...

Cassano will be back and this may be the fire he needs for the rest of the season :tongue:

·
Registered
13,061 Posts
There you go again, Nero. :rollani:
I don't blame either one of them, so long as it doesn't get out of hand. Look, we bought Cassano knowing what kind of person he was - a little off balance. So condemning him for walking off the practice pitch every 5 weeks can be done, but in some ways had to be expected. Capello, it seems, has found a new way to deal with it: humor. That's the real story that comes out of this overblown media hype. The rabbit comment essentially says, "Yea, yea, go ahead Cassano, you crazy nut; see ya in 3 hours when you apologize again."
I accepted Cassano's antics a while back and I'm not willing to allow this to blow up in a crisis and I don't think Capello is either. Capello must continue to break him down by demonstrating how silly and useless the antics really are. There's no guarantee his mouth and attitude will get better, but there is a guarantee he'll get better on the pitch. We have to continue to show love to him and reach out, not estrange him and condemn him. He's worth it, all humans are.
No cheap shots. No media hype BS.

:fero:

·
On Planet Z
6,520 Posts
In a twisted sense, the media's attention on the alleged bust-ups between Cassano and Capello are a sort of compliment. They've figured out that Cassano's name sells papers and gets hits, and so they're not going to shy away from hyping up the "bad boy Cassanito" image.

Not that this is a good thing; I'd much rather the media leave players and coaches alone and let them do their work in peace so they can focus on the next match ahead. It truly is a pity that a lot of players seem to be forced to air their dirty laundry with the guv in public. While it's true that there are things that are part and parcel of celebrity and not all of them are positive, the hype machine could stand to be taken down a notch or two; and I think this latest is just another victim of that.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Cassano brings the attention to himself and the media cannot be blame for it.

Its their job to report bust ups in the camps of big football teams.

I don't think 'part and parcel' of being a professinal means acting like a 5 year old.

Its only fair that cassano is in the newspapers when he has a 'cassanate'.

People shouldn't be making excuses for him and should realize that he has to take responsabilty for his actions.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts