Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
International
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This amazingly productive idea continues

South African club Wits University are apparently about to join Royal Antwerp, Sao Paulo, Parramatta, Sporting Lisbon, Nantes, Shelbourne Connah's Quay Nomads by agreeing a partnership with United.

---------------------------

didn't know we had an agreement with Sao Paulo or Sporting....anyone got an idea if we have anyone with them at the moment?

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I don't think any of our players are with Sporting or Sao Paulo.

But the Sporting link-up was one of the reasons we got Ronaldo. And with the Sao Paulo one, we signed a young defender called Rincon. I haven't seen him play as he's had to be loaned out until he qualifies for a work-permit, but he's supposed to be very good.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
The deal with Sporting is that we will purchase talents from South America and send them to Portugal to help them develope before they are prepared and eligible to play at United,that is if they make the grade in the first place.

Somebody correct me If I am wrong.:)

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Apart from loaning out players to these clubs what other benefits do these affiliate clubs gain from being associated with us?

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Fred Elliot said:
South African club Wits University are apparently about to join Royal Antwerp, Sao Paulo, Parramatta, Sporting Lisbon, Nantes, Shelbourne Connah's Quay Nomads by agreeing a partnership with United.

:D I didn't they still existed.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Russell said:
Apart from loaning out players to these clubs what other benefits do these affiliate clubs gain from being associated with us?
Like the Chinese club which gave us Dong Fangzhuo, I think we send coaches to the clubs to "improve" their training.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts