Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You all know Real Madrid has this 'galactico' thing, but does Laporta want to do the same? I thought he promised such thing when he was elected. Anyway, who are the cracks and will there be a 'crack' next summer?

2003: Ronaldinho
2004: Deco, Eto'o ?
2005: ?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
The crack will be Valerij Bojinov ( 9 goals in 13 starts so far in Serie A :star: ). He's available for €15m (according to the clause in his contract), a good price for our budget next summer.

Case closed. Mods can now close this thread.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fargo said:
The crack will be Valerij Bojinov ( 9 goals in 13 starts so far in Serie A :star: ). He's available for €15m (according to the clause in his contract), a good price for our budget next summer.

Case closed. Mods can now close this thread.
And who are we going to sell to get him, Marquez, Ronaldinho or Eto'o? :nono: (Also I don't consider him a crack :eek: )

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Barcawinner said:
And who are we going to sell to get him, Marquez, Ronaldinho or Eto'o? :nono: (Also I don't consider him a crack :eek: )
We don't need to sell anyone. He's got an EU-passport. All the bulgarians in the bulgarian forum says that he has it, and here's also a link that says he has it.

http://euro2004.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=186485&plid=12295&clid=502

Next summer Bojinov would be one of the most (perhaps THE most) sought after players in Europe. We better get ready, but I think he would be begging to join our terrific squad. :thmbup: ;) And the price of €15m is good for us. I don't think we can afford to splash out huge sums next summer.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
If Hristo has any influence on him, he can be ours if only we want to. :) He is a very exciting prospect, but do we need another one up front with Saviola, Sergio Garcia and Larsson (fingers crossed) hopefully coming back next summer?

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd rather get another 'crack', because where will Bojinov play? We already have Eto'o in the middle, Giuly on the right and Ronaldinho on the left. And we certainly will not change our system. I rather have a 'crack' central defender, or a 'crack' left back, or a crack defensive midfielder.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
remember that we spend about 60M euro this summer,and we have only 30M still available for 2 seasons(see the club plans) so we can't afford to buy any big names
15M for bojinov is a little expansive for us and we can't go in a bidding war against chelsea or other interested in him!!

P.S it's too early to talk about a new crack!!

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fc barcelona said:
remember that we spend about 60M euro this summer,and we have only 30M still available for 2 seasons(see the club plans) so we can't afford to buy any big names
15M for bojinov is a little expansive for us and we can't go in a bidding war against chelsea or other interested in him!!
30 millions in the beginning yes. But we sold Luis Garcia after that plan was made up, so that adds 9 millions. And maybe we will sell Saviola or Riquelme in the summer.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Is not too early to talk about next years signings? :sleepy:

If we talk about the sigining strategy and not names (which is ridicule right now, IMO), I'm not sure that our policy is directed to sign a mega star per year. Of course, we need to buy good players, but they have to be necessary for the team. Not just bringing stars because they're stars. If we need defenders or DMs, we'll need to sign defenders or DMs. Florentino's policy is wrong, I prefer the classic one.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Barcawinner said:
I'd rather get another 'crack', because where will Bojinov play? We already have Eto'o in the middle, Giuly on the right and Ronaldinho on the left. And we certainly will not change our system. I rather have a 'crack' central defender, or a 'crack' left back, or a crack defensive midfielder.
'crack', I usually think of that as an attacking player, but I agree that it would be nice to see a really great partner for Puyol. Maybe Andrade will be a possibility, but those type of players aren't really 'cracks' IMO. ;)

Nesta would be a 'crack', but not available.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We should try to steal Alex from PSV/Chelsea, but he hasnt got a EU passport =(

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
maybe milito? or maybe try and get all our players who are back from injuries, then i guess we wont need a crack to pair with puyol!

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I think Laporta's policy is far from being a blind 'crack'-signing one. Laporta will sign the players we need and whose price is appropriate, not the players who have the biggest names.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Barca Rule said:
I think Laporta's policy is far from being a blind 'crack'-signing one. Laporta will sign the players we need and whose price is appropriate, not the players who have the biggest names.
Last year we signed only 'big-name' players, exception being Belletti and maybe Sylvinho, although he is also well known in Spain and England.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Barcawinner said:
Last year we signed only 'big-name' players, exception being Belletti and maybe Sylvinho, although he is also well known in Spain and England.
Yes, but we didn't sign them only because they're cracks. We signed them because we needed them and they were good players. And far be it that most people considered Giuly, Edmilson, Belletti, and even Eto'o 'cracks', at least not by the standards set by Real Madrid's blind buying policies. My point is simply that Laporta doesn't buy cracks simply because they're cracks. If we don't need a crack this summer, Laporta won't buy one.

·
“Més que un club”
1,359 Posts
Barcawinner said:
Yes, but also players that we needed and that have drastically improved our squad.

I think next season we will sell Riquelme for like 10 million or so, so we can afford Valeri. He can play on the right side of a 4-3-3, and Giuly is injury prone and not very young either. Bojinov is only 18. I think we just might go after him.
I'm still not sure about Saviola. I want him back, but everyday it feels more and more that we'll end up selling him.

We need to buy a "crack" defender. Someone that will partner Puyol. We have Edmilson/Marquez, but both can also play DM (and one of them will.) Oleguer will definetely be a sub next season.

I think that Iniesta (sub for Xavi) and Motta (sub for Deco) would be "OK" cover. Then we have Messi, Damia (no need for a backup RB anymore), and the rest of the youngn's.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Barca 4 Life said:
Yes, but also players that we needed and that have drastically improved our squad.

I think next season we will sell Riquelme for like 10 million or so, so we can afford Valeri. He can play on the right side of a 4-3-3, and Giuly is injury prone and not very young either. Bojinov is only 18. I think we just might go after him.
I'm still not sure about Saviola. I want him back, but everyday it feels more and more that we'll end up selling him.

We need to buy a "crack" defender. Someone that will partner Puyol. We have Edmilson/Marquez, but both can also play DM (and one of them will.) Oleguer will definetely be a sub next season.

I think that Iniesta (sub for Xavi) and Motta (sub for Deco) would be "OK" cover. Then we have Messi, Damia (no need for a backup RB anymore), and the rest of the youngn's.
No one in this depressed market will buy Roman for 10 million. Only Chelsea can afford to shell out like that for average players like Roman, and they don't need him. I think 10 million is far too optimistic.

·
“Més que un club”
1,359 Posts
Barca Rule said:
No one in this depressed market will buy Roman for 10 million. Only Chelsea can afford to shell out like that for average players like Roman, and they don't need him. I think 10 million is far too optimistic.
Perhaps a team like Liverpool, who needs an creative attacking mid? :rollani:

I don't know, if no one will pay that amount of money then I really don't see the need for selling him. Might as well bring him back and play him with Ronnie, I've always wanted to see that. He can be a very good backup option. (We need some quality on the bench, as this season has shown).

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Barca Rule said:
What?!? That's crazy to say, no matter what.

As far as the price goes, around €10m wouldn't be unrealistic, especially not if Corinthians means serious business, then I think we could get more. If that doesn't materialize we should at least get close to €10m from other potential buyers, and the price will rice if Villarreal goes very far in the UEFA-cup with Roman being the main man (as usual).

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
It's way too early to speculate on crack signings for next season, although I'd like to see a defensive "crack" as well. Someone like Andrade or Kompany.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts