Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rumours rumours and rumours, Anelka might be swaped with Pippo, the joke is that Real Madrid might add money to the deal.........
anyway if Anelka comes to Juve, who do you think will be starting, him or Kovacevic...Kova has been here for a while but then if Anelka does not start we are going to have the same troubles he has brought to the other clubs.
personally i feel that he would be good in Juve especially with the supply that he will be getting from Del-piero and co.
anyway that is the question if we buy a new striker...be it Crespo or Anelka who is going to start Kova or the new striker....

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Rumours, nothing more.

The way things are going, Anelka will go to PSG.
Canal Plus, PSG's owner, wants to put Anelka out if his misery which he is having in Madrid, and Anelka aswell, is very interested in a return to Paris.

[This message has been edited by Michel (edited 03-05-2000).]

V

·
0 Posts
Since we will be competing in CL, SerieA, Italian Cup, we would use a rotation system not one definite starting lineup.

Inzaghi+$ for Anelka sounds tempting. To tell you the truth, I think Anelka will mentaly mature and become a superstar in the future, he is only 20-21 years old and is geting bad advise from his 2 brothers. I believe that Juve strong system and manegment will make a man out of him. ZZ will help him too. I know I will get a lot of heat by saying this but if R.Madrid offer is true then i think Juve must consider it.

J

·
0 Posts
Anelka is a great player and once he matures he will prove his worth!! Juve should go for this one!!

S

·
0 Posts
Well, very interesting topic!!! Swapping Anelka for Pippo would be great, and if it really happened, then we would improve a lot not only in the goalscoring dept. but in the creative dept. :)

I think Vito is right... Next season there wont be a definite line up like this one, thanks to all the competitions. Anelka, I think is a great player, some times the press exaggerates his problems. I think he will be good for Juve, since juve plays some fast football (am i wrong? i think is is because pippo is a player for those circumstances, fast + explosive football)

As for Kova, I can predict that he will play more next season.

------------------
G3ORG3

FoRzA JuVe

fOrZa BiAnCoNeRi

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
What!!!!!!
Anelka for Inzagui!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha,etc...
Please!!!!!!!!, we can do better with Fonseca!!!!!!!

If Pipo goes( hope not) and Juve will trade him, They have to bring someone better...
I mean MAYBE!!!!Anelka will be better in some years, and just MAYBE he will be MATURE!!!!! in some years(like in the next 10 years at least!!!!), but we don't have that long to wait him!!!, I say If is the case, Trade Inzagui!!! But get someone BETTER, not some cryboy!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
What!!!!!!
Anelka for Inzagui!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha,etc...
Please!!!!!!!!, we can do better with Fonseca!!!!!!!

If Pipo goes( hope not) and Juve will trade him, They have to bring someone better...
I mean MAYBE!!!!Anelka will be better in some years, and just MAYBE he will be MATURE!!!!! in some years(like in the next 10 years at least!!!!), but we don't have that long to wait him!!!, I say If is the case, Trade Inzagui!!! But get someone BETTER, not some cryboy!!!!!!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
I don't understand how anyone can be in favor of this trade (only a rumour though- pay NO attention to it).
Anelka is talented, but his only major skill is pace I think.
He has been SO outstandingly bad in Real this season, and we're talking about a defensively lineant league.
At Arsenal I fail to remember any other goals than tap-ins and in-depth passes from Bergkamp and Petit. He had a good understanding with them, and his speed gave him the upper hand on many PL defences, but we see exactly the same now with Henry. He's having a field day at Arsenal.
French strikers generally can't score at the highest level! They have awesome defenders and an unparralelled wealth of talented midfielders (OK Argentina too), but not strikers.
I personally think Trezeguet will alter that, because he seems a more complete goalscorer to me. He is the only French forward I would ever contemplate, and besides the talent flaws; WHY would we want anybody is messed up as Anelka to come to our great team ? There are many others outthere with some characther as well as potential.

Ciao.

V

·
0 Posts
C'mon, don't say "we can do better with Fonseca", Anelka is way better than this guy, be reasnable man.

Glen, Anelka is not all about speed, he has good dribling skills and gives good assists for a striker. Ok, we all agree that the kid has some mental problems but when it comes to football the guy can play. He didn't get his chances in R.Madrid (Injured, Suspention, or in the bench), but when he had a good run of games he played great, like in Brazil. Anelka is a better all around player then Inzaghi.

Speed (Anelka)
dribling(Anelka)
finishing(Inzaghi, but not by much)
Passing(Anelka)
flair(Anelka)
Diving(Inzaghi) :)

Glen wrote "I fail to remember any other goals than tap-ins", Not exactly true, but you as Juve fan should know that a goal is a goal. how does Inzaghi score?

Players do have difficulties in thier career and can't be consistant every year, ZZ last year, Davids in milan, Baggio,....(great players). And this years happens to be Anelka worst season. But believe me Glen, take my word on this :) Anelka is a very special player on the field, we should take advantage of his bad time with his club (like we got davids) and get him before his pricetag skyrocket because it will. At the end I want to say that Anelka is showing good signs of maturaty, even being suspended he asked the club if can train in club's facilities, didn't complain about being in the bench.

Ok, don't sell Inzaghi but JUVE get him before PSG.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
You are saying something there Don Vito Corleone! :) (Love the Godfathers movies!)
Anyways I agree, I believe he can grow up in Juve. Give the guy a chance. We've succeded before with players who is in that kinda situation.
Tap in's? Anelka has scored some nice goals in Arsenal. If someone just taps in the ball it is Inzaghi, sad to say but it's true! Say this deal was being finalised I'd say go for Anelka.

B

·
0 Posts
Anelka couldn't stand the English press, is finding Spain very pressurized, how do you feel he would get on playing for Juve in Serie A? I tell you, he would fail and fail miserabley.If Juve do sell Pippo his transfer would be around £25-28 m, and for that we could prise Crespo away from Parma.It looks pretty certain that we have Cassano, now we must close in on Crespo as Lazio are very interested.We couldn't even contemplate Anelka, how could we when he has said he's thinking about quiting football!!

·
Normal Human
433 Posts
Anelka? hmmmmmmmmm. interesting....
Speedy player yet kinda strange.Anyway it is just rumours, he may not leave Madrid but if he does be reasonable..he will go back to France. Anyway we need a better player than him and one less moody.Believe me with the types of players Juve have he will get upset and we will have a big "passing" issue once again,then when we have a big game he will sulk off not to be found.
Press states $41.3 million for Inzaghi to Roma or Milan. i say get 3 italian strikers and defenders too since Pippo does not seem happy anymore he may not have the motivation to take us through.

S

·
0 Posts
well he is not so bad i mean - he JUST SCORED for Real against Bayern Munich. He did a nice goal , and in Divisione I he did a lot of job with helpin real to win that match...

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Well Vito; You made a list of positive attributes earlier on, and I guess I agree with most of those. Anelka can dribble, but having said that I must also mention the amount of balls he throw away. Yesterday he scored a great goal in the way he's most lethal; given a good in depth pass, he is too fast for any defender to reach.
But look at the numerous occasions where Raul's magic would have been ten times more effective if Anelka would have just played it on immediately. He CAN make good opportunities for his fellow striker, but most of the time he's too absorbed by his own dribbling. Inzaghi is a much more intelligent player, and eventhough he's selfish as well (and scores the same kind of goals) I don't think serie A would suit Anelka's style.
Make no mistake about it; I think Anelka is a fine player, but I don't think he's good enough to replace Inzaghi. I won't have any objections to replacing Inzaghi with another striker, but he should be better then, and he should have proved himself on the same level. Anelka hasn't done that at all.
Besides- he's former transfer to Real Madrid was ludicrous. No way a 23 mil. £ deal was justifiable, and buying him now would mean a redicoulous prize.
I don't care if Crespo, Vieri or Batistuta would be just as expensive (or alot more), because they are in another league than Pippo. We could buy Montella for the same money and he's more talented than Pippo, and will grow to be a better striker overall. At the same time he has proven himself with constant high scoring in Italy and that means alot to me. There is no league in the world in which the goals come harder than serie A, and his mental capacity just isn't good enough by my account.

Ciao.

V

·
0 Posts
Watched the R.Madrid Vs Bayern game, Anelka played well, did lose ball position a couple of times but overall he showed what he is capable of. If you liked what you saw today, than I can tell you Anelka has the potential to play 4 times better.
Another good thing was that Bayern players treated him very bad, trying to make him angry and loss is temper. Well they failed :), Anelka was all business today and didn't seem upset for being subed.

Watcher
What??? $41.3 million for Inzaghi to Roma or Milan. I don't know how reliable this is but I wouldn't even think twice if I was Moggi. Take the MONEY and RUN. With that kind of money we can get 4 good player ($10 each).

Yeah ramy , I am the godFather himself. Have any problems you come to me OK. will take care of business. :)

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
I don't think that Real would be that stupid to do that swap. Anelka is better than Pippo. He has speed, can dribble abit, and is better. I would like this to happen if no other team offered for Pippo. But if Roma, Inter and Lazio are offering 41.3 mill for him then I would go for that. Because we can use that money and buy Crespo and Cassano. One established player and one future champion. But at the moment, if Real are the only ones making the offer then Juve should swap it now. And Zidane would help him out a lot. But I would still play Kovacevic with Del Piero. So then Anelka would start troubles again.

------------------
CUG

D

·
0 Posts
Anelka, finally he's scored a couple of goals, some vital, but it should have come much earlier, and many more goals were expected from him this season. He needs to prove with Real next season, that he is a proven goal-scorer.
Imagine, DP and Anelka up front, that Juve's goal-scoring rate would go from just over 1 per game, to .50 per game, possibly, c'mon neihter can score week in week out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts