Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we all agree that Anelka isn't going back to England. He has repeatedly stated that he doesn't want to play in Italy. So if he goes this summer, it's most likely to France.

I just read a report that he could be headed to PSG. It's either he's loaned there or sold for 16 million pounds. Canal Plus is said to be willing to bankroll PSG's bid. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Great!!! That's what I said. Felt sorry for that we will lost amount of money, but to keep him here is unreasonable. Stop lying yourself, he will never do something for us in Real. (we tried 3 forwards, it didn't work so well) To be objective, it is not all him faults, but we just don't know how to use him fully. Or can we hire Winger just for him? To waste "talents" is culpable. No, I didn't mean that he is that telanted, but it is too bad to see someone still do nothing at the age of 28 (7 years later). I think 16 million is an OK price, we can't ask for more. Hope PSG will give him a new life.

PS, I heard that Baggio will go to PSG too, if it is true, maybe Anelka will learn from him.

[This message has been edited by real player (edited 23-04-2000).]

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I on the other hand hope he's only loaned. HE can then have a great year at PSG (where his friends are) and come back full of confidence the year after. It may be the solution. Remember Nic's biggest problem when he arrived at our side was the lack of match practice and he hasn't had that refilled evr since. Maybe it will happen in France? I know I'm optimistic, but what do we have to lose? PSG don't have 28 mln$ to pull out :( let's be realistic about that.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
If Anelka likes it in PSG then he will stay there. He will hold the club to ransom.
I'm coming around to Labas's way of thinking. Imagine how sick we would be if this guy became a great. Also Mori's form may be permanant (I doubt it) but it is good to have a replacement in case.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I said that I doubted that his poor form would be permanent but we should always have a back up in case it is. I like Mori, just a tad worried.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
To consider ANelka good back-up is more then optimistic :) I think that the GREAT topic R&B once posted "our attack has no depth" may be true after all :( :( :( I mean Balic has been a total flop so far, and our Zarate seems to be KIA? ;)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How can you fairly say that Balic has been a flop? How many minutes has he played?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts