Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just one day after Didier Anelka claimed his brother is set to stay at RM, marca is writing the deal with PSG would be perfect for 5.500 ptas.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I think anelka is staying. Having him for another year would be good. He's probably not going to have a horrible year like last year again.

D

·
0 Posts
Anelka is on his way to Paris, you can read it on his e-mail site (http://www.nicolasanelka.net).

I think it's the best outcome for everybody, he's not such a bad guy, but it's too late for him at Real. He's got too many problems with the other team members.

Hala Madrid !

D

·
0 Posts
PSG have revealed that Nicolas Anelka will sign on Saturday before a high profile friendly with Brazilian club Corinthians, ending speculation over the transfer saga.

Anelka continues his tour of top European clubs with a return to Paris, where he grew up in one of the poorest suburbs and played before moving to Arsenal when he was only 17 in 1997.

The club released a statement saying that an agreement had been reached with the player and Real Madrid and he will sign a six-year contract before the match at the Parc des Princes.

French media have reported the deal as being around 220 million francs (£20.65 million) which would be a French record, but slightly less than Real paid Arsenal for him in 1999.

On his website Anelka confirmed that an agreement had been reached, saying: "I will return to PSG. Things went on a little, but discussions finally finished late on Friday."

"I'm very proud and very happy. The only thing that matters is that I'm returning home, to Paris. I'm returning to the fold. Friends, I'm delighted to be in Paris.

"I only stayed a season there (Madrid) .. one day I will go into everything but now is the time for rejoicing,"

Anelka's brother, Didier had called PSG's bluff on Thursday by claiming that the striker would return to Spain and start pre-season training with Real however this proved false and a return to his first professional club is now only a day away.

Having outstayed his welcome in England and now Spain it will be interesting to see how Anelka handles the problems and expectations of returning home to play. After being instrumental in the sacking of John Toshack from Real and refusing to train, Vicente Del Bosque said he thought the temperamental talent had to grow up.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
I would have liken to give him another season but the guy was a real pain in the arse.
We almost lose nothing on the transfer fee and he was instrumental in the CL and the funds will go towards Figo transfer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts