Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
yeah i see that......anelka is a funny guy .....he makes almost nothing in a year ( except his goal against barca and 2 against b.munich ) , he missed respect toward real madrid.....he 's not a great player that's all .....he scores lot of goals but in english championship .....he not scores a lot goals in spain and in france . But we know you and me the french and spanish championship are more technical than english championship

in english championship It is enough to be fast and sturdy to scores goals

and anelka is fast ......

go anelka stay in manchester city ....and have fun in this club ........it's a great club .........A club in your reach

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

sorry, just waiting for this kid to grow up!

I real shame, has great potential but his head gets in the way!

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
"he not scores a lot goals in spain and in france . But we know you and me the french and spanish championship are more technical than english championship

in english championship It is enough to be fast and sturdy to scores goals "

Bull****. He scored 2 goals in his stay at Liverpool (half a season). That's not what I call alot of goals.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
It was Arsene Wenger who brought the best out of him and made him into a goalscorer, and after a couple of good seasons with Arsenal his head began to expand and he wanted to play for a 'bigger' club. If he stayed at Arsenal he would still be great and he would have probably been one of the best strikers in the world under Wenger, but because of his BIG ego and selfishness he went from playing at clubs like Arsenal and Madrid to play for Manchester City!

What a Fool!:tongue:

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Man, that kid is a real w*nker. I dont remember him taking Raul's place, actually when he was in Madrid Mori, Raul and Anelka all started. Anelka is just trying to make excuses for his bad performances.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
He was never right for us, or our style of play to begin with.

While he had a few important moments (namely the Bayern semis), he wasn't able to achieve anything during his stay.

I am just happy we were able to sell him for almost the same price Sanz (the fool) paid for him.

I wish him success in City...but if he doesn't grow up, he will never succeed.

·
Registered
619 Posts
He is a sick man he needs to see a doctor

he said that he took raul's place !!!!!!
and why player like raul would be jealous of him !!!!

i think he was one of the reason why Sanz lost the election

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Vampire Lestat said:
He was never right for us, or our style of play to begin with.
Too right, its amazing how many clubs buy players without any real thought as to how they will be integrated into the team or its style of play... madness!

Personally I think the article is a load of rubbish and has just been put together by a journalist who has a lot of time on his hands. Anyway its in the past and I hope he does well at Man City.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
He didn't fit into the style of play Real 99/00 played, because we didn't have a playmaker back then, and everything went through Savio (+Roberto Carlos) on the left wing, and also down the right with Macca and Salgado supplying.
Anelka didn't have any kind of hope in this tactic, because he feeds on quick balls through, and uses his pace to do the damage. With all due respect to his stay at Real, it was just a stupid transfer, because Sanz and Toshack should've realized it wasn't gonna work... but that's what happens when you use your ass instead of your head.

It's sort of a shame he didn't stay on after that season, because he would've been absolutely perfect in our current formation with Zidane. The two would really be setting the world alight with their combination play... but it's all hypothetical bull, since he would've had to endure the season with only Figo at the helm too. i think Anelka would've done much better wether it was 00/01 or 01/02, because any playmaker behind him makes him a usefull asset.

I feel for the guy, cause I've always liked him... he's really had a lot of misfortune in his career. Besides the fact he's a stubborn dork, which can never help, he just hasn't had much luck. His move to Real was supposed to be a dream, but for the reasons I already stated it became a nightmare. I can't blame him, although admittedly if he was more cool tempered, maybe he would've lived through that one season and waited calmly for better times... but he's not cool-headed, and the press never helped him. End of story... his stays at PSG and Liverpool have been equally bad, but right about now he's just so short of match practice, it's no surprise he keeps failing. The move to MANCHESTER City is a great move, because it'll get him playing time in the league who's style suits him, and he'll definitely regain his confidence. Sooner or later he'll be making the headlines again, with some high profile transfer - I'm sure of that. I wish him the best of luck, cause he's talented, and he can still make good of it.

as for the jealous thing, I wouldn't neglect it totally... here's a guy who comes in at age 20, breaking the world record transfer (not quite;)), being hyped and all... and Raul who was the darling up to now, the guy who had all the news focused on him... jealous may not be the word, but rivalry certainly applies, and it was an unfair rivalry in the way Anelka simply had no friends, and no way of getting "involved".
He lost this rivalry fair in square, because that 99/00 season must go down as one of the greatest Raul has ever had, but I wouldn't be so quick to deny the importance of these factors, plus the horrific spanish media, who just love making problems.
Anelka's character plays a big role in all these "problems" he's encountering along the road, but I'd be cautious on making a verdict so quickly. He hasn't had it all easy, and I really hope it finally goes right for him now...

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
labas said:
because Sanz and Toshack should've realized it wasn't gonna work... but that's what happens when you use your ass instead of your head.

For the record, it was Sanz alone on this.

Tosh was already full-focused to play the 4-4-2 and focus on the wings. He was the one who got Baljic as competition for Savio on the left wing.

Anelka was Sanz's call.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I have a lot of respect for this boy's skill but PR and social skills wise, he still got a lot of room to grow... Hope he does well in the new team!

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
the World Cup is Two days away
and Im not gonna waste my time
talking about this cone head:party:

·
Go for 400, Raúl!
2,008 Posts
Well, as the French National Coach (or was it Luis Fernández?) said, this guy first needs to realize which planet he's living on, then he could think about talking with sense :confused:
Real Madrid has received lots of strange players. Breitner, Francisco Llorente or Illgner are only a few exemples, but none like this one :yuck:
As Figo or Zidane could confirm, Raúl simply feels better when he has great players by his side.
One proof of the poor guy's confusion is that he says he played in Raúl's position, when it was Morientes who fought with him for the no.9 -and won.
I don't know which were the main football games for Play Station in 1999 -maybe there he lined himself up replacing Raúl!! :D

But maybe the real key of all this is a few lines down: "The pace of the game in England is different, faster and more direct. UNTIL NOW I HAVE NOT THOUGHT MUCH ABOUT ENGLISH FOOTBALL :tongue:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts