Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Yes he still is. According to onefootball.com his brother (and agent) announced that Anelka would be honoring his contract at Real.

Speaking of....Camacho made an interesting point in his interview yesterday regarding Anelka. He said that everyone expected an immediate reaction on their investement. Essentially it should be looked as an investment and not a quick-fix and to give him a couple of years.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
This is a difficult one. One day they say one thing, the next day another. I read yesterday what you mention Pablo and today I saw another one saying that Anelka's brother went to the Real Madrid offices and Pirri didn't even agree to see him. The article said that the most probable thing is for Anelka to end up on PSG.

Wou really don't know what to believe... at least not until the elections are through. I mean, I don't think anybody is seriously involved in the transfer market right now, they are all frantic of being elected, setting up candidate's web pages, press conferances, meetings with the socios etc.

What do you think about Camacho's opinion on the matter?

P

·
0 Posts
Jeez...Like you say, every day it's a new statement from the club, an agent or another secret inside source.

I agree with Camacho to some extent, hala. However, I think three years is a long time to reap the benefits of a transfer. I mean, he was brought in to solidify things and score (or so I would assume, and not just be a feather in Sanz' cap). A long-term investment, in Camacho's sense would be Casillas or Dorado who were products of the youth league.

But I do agree with his implications that we expected too much too soon.

He does like to talk like he is the Real coach though, doesn't he? =)

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
He actually WAS a Real Madrid coach last summer (remember that?). Didn't last though, he stayed only for a month or so.

I agree with him too and also with you. I want us to keep Anelka for another year. I mean, there are so many examples of great players that didn't make a good 1st year in a club and then shined. His age justifies the wait as well.

In case he keeps up the same pace next year, then it will serve him right to go as far from Madrid as he can.

P

·
0 Posts
I remember that. Didn't he leave because he thought that Sanz was giving him enough control of the team?

What's frustrating is not being able to rectify this or any of the other players' situations because of these damn elections.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Once and for all-get rid of Anelka if you get the chance. Mori and Raul are good and if Alfonso is bound here then its all good.

Real&Barcafan

P

·
0 Posts
Well if Betis' indications the past two weeks are anything to judge, Alfonso isn't going anywhere :)

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Yes, Betis have indeed said Alfonso is not for sale, and I actually say: ALELLUJA! to that. Baesd on what he showed at EURO 2000, he should play in the spanish third division! He sux big time, and I hope Barca snatch him:D

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Labas, are you ready for another argument here? :)

HOW CAN YOU SAY ALFONSO SUCKED!

I can go through game details but the biggest argument to use against you is that Raul wasnt any better! I strongly recomend you to take back what you said about Alfonso or I will have to put down one of my favourite player-Raúl!!!
Dont let me do this!!

Real&Barcafan

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I'll argue this one with pleasure and although I don't want an argument here, I'll takem it up. Raul may not have been awesome this time around, but comparing him to the mega flop boy = Alfonso is way too much. So Alfonso scotred one goal more than Raul, so what? Raul did try a lot on the fiel and unfortunately he had 3 defenders on hisback, and as much as I love him, I agree he was only average this EURO 2000:( Still he did run a lot and passed some goood balls. Now what can we say about Alfonso, and as everyone remembers I was defending this guy, when Camacho selected him ahead of Morientes (stupid me!:mad:). I like him, but let's face it he was terrible!:mad: I knw he scored THAT goal, but that doesn't mean he played well. In fact he played awful, every time he got the ball, he either couldn't control it, or he passed it badly. Simply horrific! If you have the chance R&B, please do watch repeats of the games in EUrosport, most notably the games SLO-ESP, and YUG-ESP. In those two games, if you concentrate real well on only Alfonso, I believe you'll live a shock and understand why I'm so mad at him - unlike before the tournament his technique was simply catastrophical, and ball-control even worse. Had it not been those two goals, he would have been my choice for worst spanish player of the tournament. You may say, what you like about Raul, that he wasn't influential enough and so on, but unlike Alfonso he was constantly marked by 3 or 4 defenders. That means a lot...waiting for your answer.:)

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Ok, Raul has not been good at all at Euro, and i dont count goals Labas! If i would do that Raul would be banished because of that missed penalty!
Its true Raul had 3-4 guys at him, but that is not an argument for him doing bad! Obviously, by taking one guy out of the attack it makes the other one have a hard time as well. You cant expect Raul to "soak up the defence" and let Alfonso have an open goaL!!!

Both attackers are "guilty" of not getting many good balls as well. That is not unrealistic cause we all know that Real Madrids working midfield has done a lot for Raul these days.....

Alfonso is experienced when it comes to doing things on his own (Cause the rest of the team suck ;) ) and maybe he tried to do some of that...That might be why he lost so many balls. But I have the matches taped and have a glimpse at them sometimes and he was not A LOT WORSE THE RAUL!

I really dont know why you HATE Alfonso so much, cause you really want to make him the crappiest player ever right now!
Maybe its a obsession? ;)

Real&Barcafan

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
L:ike I said, I have nothing against Alfonso, and I was actually the only one here defending Camachos choice of picking him ahead of Morientes. I was wrong. Please do watch those tapes again and look at Alfonso, when the ball is passed to him. Just look how the ball always jums away and on 50% he loses the ball after his first touch. It's sad, but true./ please do realise this, before we continue this discussion...:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts