Xtratime Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was very disapointed this aftnernoon when I heard for the first time that Nicolas Anelka would not be signing. This is what the club said in their official statement (copied from www.liverpoolfc.tv):

Liverpool Football Club have today issued the following statement:

"After a lot of thought we've decided not to make Nicolas Anelka's move from Paris St Germain a permanent one. This was a difficult decision and we know that Nicolas will be very disappointed, but the manager has always had to do what he thinks is best for the club and the development of the team.

"We finished the season as runners-up and want to pay tribute to the part Nicolas played in that achievement during his loan spell at Anfield. Everyone at the club now wishes him well for the future."

So yeah, I was gutted. I thought he would have been a great signing, especially with is wages demands reduced to £30,000/week. The real consolation however is that I'm sure GH must have someone else in mind, he knows the importance of four quality strikers. Could he go for Cisse now?? Or Kanoute or Aghahowa?? So do you think he's made the right decision and who do you think he will sign to replace God, or will he just place Baros more?? Guess we'll just have to wait and see...

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I saw it going this way and I am sure that we will hear from Anelka soon slagging of GH but I will be glad only IF we get another striker of class to replace him...

Ciise said that he wants to stay with Auxerre for at least another year. Could we persuade him otherwise I wonder?

Kanoute is good and could be a replacment for Emile if he gets injured.

Aghahowa's is a new one on me... my mate said that we were intersted but I've never heard anything official about any possible deal... would be good if we could get him.

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Hi everyone..

Well I for one was gutted that it didn't go through.. as I've posted before.. I was one who preferred Anelka over all the other candidates (except Cisse who doesn't want to come anyway!!).. He didn't do badly at all with us.. and towards the end.. started showing the form we knew he could produce..

as for him taking a shot at GH.. well yes I expect it to happen as soon as he joins a new club.. and to say the least.. I would agree with him.. not that I don't like GH.. but just put yourself in his shoes.. and think how you'd react to something like this?? you are promised to get an offer that would delight you and in the end you get snubbed in the 11th hour.. :depress:

Anyway.. I really do wish Anelka all the best.. and Thanks for the moments he spent with us.. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.