Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nico Anelka has apologized publically on his official website to Jacque Santini for having refused a selection with Les Bleus. :dazed::eekani:

Comments?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
i've just seen that
but apparently he apologies only for having refused the selection
i guess he should have apologised for his comments about santini.
anyway it's still a good thing if he can play agin with les bleus, especially in case of injuries.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Stupid move by Anelka, now he will have to wait until there's a new les bleus coach to call him up, and that could take some more years...

I would have enjoyed seeing him in the NT very much because I rate him higher han Wiltord, Luyindula and Marlet. He, Trez and Saha would be just perfect...but as it seems, Santini is satisfied with 2 centerforwards (and Henry) .:rolleyes:

·
Registered
943 Posts
:tongue:
Idiot me, I totally misunderstood it.
Of course it's good that he apologized!

You should know that I had almost no sleep last night, so I'm not all here...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
55,932 Posts
i just heard an anelka's interview, he said : "i grew up".
if his apologies was the sinne qua none of his selection, then, santini should select him for the friendly against holland. let's see what he feel able to do for the french squad.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
the fact is he hasn' played xith man city for a few matches now i think, so it's hard to select him at the moment.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
yeah cause I watched the Manchester derby this weekend and no Anelka....Silvestre was awful on one of the City goals, he made a assist:D

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
yep i saw this match too
zizou wouldn't have done better :tongue:

·
Registered
548 Posts
lucifuga said:
Stupid move by Anelka, now he will have to wait until there's a new les bleus coach to call him up, and that could take some more years...

Yeah, Anelka should have just stuck to his guns. Unsuprisingly, Santini didn't respond positively to his apology and invite him for the Holland friendly.

I would have enjoyed seeing him in the NT very much because I rate him higher han Wiltord, Luyindula and Marlet. He, Trez and Saha would be just perfect...but as it seems, Santini is satisfied with 2 centerforwards (and Henry) .:rolleyes: [/B]
With all due respect, Luyindula, Marlet and Govou are not in Anelka's class. As much as Anelka being a knucklehead most of the time, he's a class player, who has proven himself at the highest level of club football. As to why Santini ignored Anelka in the past before all the hullabaloo beats me. I sense the old "Lyon connection" as the reason for Santini's descisions.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
You're wrong, the Anelka issue is not on the agenda.

It's definitely a positive thing that Anelka apologised, opening in the process a door that Santini will later on choose to close or not, but in any case his non-selection doesn't say anything about Santini's stance or at least shouldn't necessarily be interpreted as a refusal to rehabilitate him as Santini has in hand the best of excuses to overlook Anelka for the upcoming friendly: bad timing. I've heard he hardly played with Manchester City and if true, he's de facto disqualified for the upcoming friendly.

One thing's for certain though, he'll need to earn his place on the pitch, he'll need to impress for a very select few have a spot guaranteed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts