1441 - 1460 of 1477 Posts

·
Registered
15,579 Posts
24th is Saturday, Rod probably wrote wrong. I hope :D

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
last time i stayed here and i loved it; centrally enough, close to the train station etc ... and literally 25 meters away from the last supper

Palazzo Delle Stelline Hotel Milan
Corso Magenta, 61, 20123 Milano, Italy

·
Registered
15,427 Posts
Rod enjoy your trip. :thumbsup: Btw you should really check with Capo/ Diav about the actual date of the Roma match. According to a source from twitter (a reliable guy @milannello), he has posted a latest schedule of Milan and the game with Roma is shown at 24th... Check it before you change the flights again...

Source: http://twitter.com/#!/@milanello
Thanks King :thumbsup:.

24th is Saturday, Rod probably wrote wrong. I hope :D
Bricko. :D Rod should be checking whether his calendar on the desk is 2011 or 2012 now. :D
Yeah I made a typo :D. I am aware that Saturday is the 24th ;).

last time i stayed here and i loved it; centrally enough, close to the train station etc ... and literally 25 meters away from the last supper

Palazzo Delle Stelline Hotel Milan
Corso Magenta, 61, 20123 Milano, Italy

Thanks, will check it out (still not booked anything yet).

As you're all so helpful :cool: could you recommend any good places to eat? Once again nothing expensive. You can't go wrong with a decent pizzeria - the closer to a pizza napoletana the better.

Once again, please feel free to merge it with the other big thread if you like :).

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Rod

When you walk on Corso Magenta form the hotel towards the center (Duomo) at the big junction there is Bar Magenta. Classic Italian bar, they will have the panini and all that (not a Restaurant or pizzeria) but the great thing is among the few Sports bars in the center i know - big TVs everywhere etc. That if you want to see another game and have a real atmosphere. Back at the hotel, if you take Via Caradosso either before after Piazza Virgilio you will find the BEST ICE CREAM on planet earth, i am not joking ...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks guys.

I will send him a PM. Not seen anything online about this. http://www.mpestero.com/ this shows Saturday 18:00. They better not change it, already had to change flights once and pay extra.

I saw that on a Chinese site. I am not sure if that request would be granted. If our CL game was on Tuesday or it was an away game, then I am quite sure that the request would be granted. It is an home CL game on Wednesday, and our Roma game is at SS too, but I suppose if both teams have no problem, that may happen? Anyway, I just thought that I should pass this information along. Hope that everything will work out for you and that you will have a great trip. :)

And obviously, it was Gandini who said it, not Galliani.

对于巴萨,甘迪尼平静的说:“我们在小组赛已经碰过了他们,在主场,我们2-3输给他们,只是输在了一个略有疑问的点球,我们打出了攻势足球,我们的表现不错。在1/4决赛中,AC米兰与巴萨之战显然是最吸引人的一战,在对巴萨前,我们和罗马的比赛是在周六18点,我们会申请将比赛时间改在周五。
http://sports.sina.com.cn/g/2012-03-16/21245984174.shtml

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
I hope this is not the hotel, since it is... ehm, quite distant from the city centre... like > 100 km :pp

Rod, Pizzeria Vecchia Napoli is a really good Pizzeria but it is a bit difficult to reach... you better check it via googlemap first. It is close to the Loreto metro station (well, maybe 1 km from the station) in a bit shady district with a lot of... dabdobs ;). Luciano once introduced us to this place and it is really good and worth the trip. The Pizza del Sud is the choice to make.

The advantage... you might still get to make it for a pizza after an evening match since they open till late in the night (0030 or even 0100, I don't remember).

Another restaurant that i remember in the Brera quarter between the metro stations of Moscova and Via Turati is Da Cecco. I really liked it, good quality for the prices.

In the centre close to the Duomo, there are a lot of tourist crap/traps, so you better avoid them.

I guess I have to try more restaurants in Milano, since i know only a few, but that's basically cause I usually go there alone and don't like to eat expensive food without company ;) And after the evening matches, you can consider lucky to still find something decent (like the above mentioned pizzeria).

·
Registered
15,427 Posts
Thanks, Manuel. I will make a note of these. :thumbsup:

Generally I try to avoid the very central eateries in any major city. Tourist traps are the best way to overspend on mediocre food. I'm not fussy when it comes to food. Simple but authentic suits me fine.

I've booked a 3 bed private room at the America Hotel. Very cheap, location seems fine and the ratings are good enough.

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
There's one near the central station I stayed in 2009 for Maldini's last game. Think it has Napoloen in the name, anyway I left my wallet there, emailed them to see if they had it and got it back within a few days. Can't go wrong with that.
Hotel Amadeus was the name.

·
Registered
24,061 Posts
I hope this is not the hotel, since it is... ehm, quite distant from the city centre... like > 100 km :pp
This is the only hotel I found with that name. I was suspicious also, but then from my background information, Brescia is close to Milan (or have I mixed it with another town?).

·
Registered
24,061 Posts
in a bit shady district with a lot of... dabdobs ;)
Meeting dabdobs in person is not that creepy, ask Bono about it.

Don't ask Adnan, though :err:

·
Registered
24,061 Posts

·
Registered
10,084 Posts
Thanks, Manuel. I will make a note of these. :thumbsup:

Generally I try to avoid the very central eateries in any major city. Tourist traps are the best way to overspend on mediocre food. I'm not fussy when it comes to food. Simple but authentic suits me fine.

I've booked a 3 bed private room at the America Hotel. Very cheap, location seems fine and the ratings are good enough.
Nice!

Have a great time, and remember, we rely on you to bring us good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
15,427 Posts
Thanks. I've only been once before (Milan - Inter May 2008) which was a victory for us. My friend who I am going with has been twice to San Siro; once with me and once in 2004: Milan - Roma ;).

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
This is the only hotel I found with that name. I was suspicious also, but then from my background information, Brescia is close to Milan (or have I mixed it with another town?).
Brescia is indeed not so far (but why stay in Brescia if you want to visit Milano) but the hotel you linked was not in Brescia, if I remember correctly.

Reminds me of a colleague and good friend of mine who together with me went to Madrid for a conference. Since I went earlier than him, we booked different hotels and he first went for one in Getafe before we told him that Getafe aint exactly the city centre of Madrid ;)

Interista :pp He managed to book a plane to Madrid on the CL final day in 2010 and arrived at the bar to watch the match at the 70th minutes. If I were him, having the possibility to see my favourite (in his case, 2nd favourite after Aris) team playing a CL final for the first time in 40 years, with the hospital paying the flight and the hotel, I would have spend 500 € for a ticket.

Meeting dabdobs in person is not that creepy, ask Bono about it.

Don't ask Adnan, though :err:
Dabdobs in general seem to scare some people, esp. when they are encountered in huge numbers and at the evening/night. I went to the pizzeria once with a romanian friend and two of his friends after an evening match and we had to walk a couple of blocks. The two friends became more and more nervous, asking if we shouldnt return and how long would it still take to get to this place... esp. when I kind of felt lost and passed past a group of dabdobs three times cause I wasnt sure anymore which street to take. Later, my friend told me that they got rather nervous cause of the neighborhood. Hilarious... I should have made them panic completely and should have dared to even ask one of the dabdobs how to reach the pizzeria :rolleyes: ;)

You never make it to San Siro, so how should I ever know how creepy you are or not :mad: I am much nicer in real life as well :angel: Ask Tazz and Firdy, I think they expected some kind of Edward Norton look alike from American History X... dont know why :lala: ;)

:heart: :kiss:
Bono... :pp Isnt he going to visit me anymore? :(

·
Registered
24,061 Posts
Dabdobs in general seem to scare some people, esp. when they are encountered in huge numbers and at the evening/night. I went to the pizzeria once with a romanian friend and two of his friends after an evening match and we had to walk a couple of blocks. The two friends became more and more nervous, asking if we shouldnt return and how long would it still take to get to this place... esp. when I kind of felt lost and passed past a group of dabdobs three times cause I wasnt sure anymore which street to take. Later, my friend told me that they got rather nervous cause of the neighborhood. Hilarious... I should have made them panic completely and should have dared to even ask one of the dabdobs how to reach the pizzeria :rolleyes: ;)
Hehe; you remind me of this:

jIwSgv0Yr8g

You never make it to San Siro, so how should I ever know how creepy you are or not :mad: I am much nicer in real life as well :angel: Ask Tazz and Firdy, I think they expected some kind of Edward Norton look alike from American History X... dont know why :lala: ;)
The only chance I had was the Derby anal rape in 2009, but for some reason I backed up and it was a good choice. Then it became hard for me to come. With the recent family developments I told you it will be extremely difficult, but you never know!

·
Registered
15,427 Posts
As I had mentioned in the Roma match thread, I came back from Milano yesterday after spending most of the weekend there.

Football aside, it was good to see the city again. For anyone that has never been, two areas that I recommend seeing are Brera and Navigli. Both have their own charms and show a different side to Milano from the bustle of Piazza del Duomo and Corso Buenos Aires.

The worst part of my weekend was eating at a restaurant called "Di Gennaro". Had one of the worst meals I've ever eaten in a restaurant. Decided to order cotoletta alla milanese con zucchine fritte. The veal cutlet was alright, but the fried courgettes were extremely salty. Just horrendous. Has anyone had this meal before? Also, the service at the restaurant was very poor.

1441 - 1460 of 1477 Posts