Xtratime Community banner

1421 - 1440 of 1479 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Anyone here lives in Milan..... September 2012 highly probable that i'm going to Milan, and would like some tips in finding budget hotel there :)

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
Anyone here lives in Milan..... September 2012 highly probable that i'm going to Milan, and would like some tips in finding budget hotel there :)
Just google it. You'll have no problem finding what you need.

·
Registered
15,674 Posts
Need urgent advice, accommodation in Milano

Fellow Milanisti,

I am going to see Milan-Roma, which my friend had booked tickets and flights for some time back. This was before realising the match was a few days before the CL 1/4 final first leg.

The match was originally scheduled for the Sunday evening (26th March) and now it has been moved to Saturday 25th March, 18:00. I booked one night accommodation for the Sunday and cannot move it to the Saturday as it's all booked up.

As I've only stayed in Milano once before (derby May 2008 :proud:) I don't have extensive experience with accommodation there, so was hoping for some advice on cheap but good places to stay.

Manuel, as you are a frequent visitor would appreciate some advice, but of course anyone else who can offer please do. As the title says, "urgent" is the key word as I need to book quick.

Thank you in advance :)

·
Registered
15,582 Posts
Damn I'll try to find my hotel which was awesome. Can't seem to remember the name right now...

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Try booking.com

·
Registered
15,674 Posts
Thanks all for advice so far. Booking.com looks a good site and the Ibis looks good too. Will probably book something tomorrow, so if anyone has any great recommendations keep them coming please :thumbsup:.

In return, I can recommend a place NOT to stay; Youth Hostel Piero Rotta. It has nothing going for it.

Also, when this thread had "died" please feel free to merge it with that other big thread... name escapes me, but it is relevant to this. I only started a new thread to catch attention.

Cheers

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Agreed with Dabsie, go for booking.com. Usually, I sort hotels by visitor ratings and go from top to the bottom and look for the best rated hotel that I still find pay-able from the price. ;) So far, I was never disappointed by the ratings.

Lately I usually attend the Hotel Berna near the main station which is really nice, but... it is not really cheap.

·
Registered
15,674 Posts
Hotel Berna looks very nice. If I was visiting Milano with a girl that would be a good choice, but for a night on a football weekend a little too much. Not that I can't afford it, but it would be something of a waste for me.

I'll scour through booking.com and hostelworld.com tomorrow and book something.

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
There's one near the central station I stayed in 2009 for Maldini's last game. Think it has Napoloen in the name, anyway I left my wallet there, emailed them to see if they had it and got it back within a few days. Can't go wrong with that.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I read that Galliani is working on moving this game to Friday, so that's something else that you need to take into consideration. Maybe you should check with someone like Capo Ultra to make sure.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Anyone knows hotel gambara? i picked that one for my upcoming Milan trip on September

·
Registered
24,062 Posts

·
Registered
15,582 Posts
I found the name; Hotel Astoria was it. As it says on their site:

"In the area that includes the Hippodrome and the Palalido sports center, the 4 star Best Western Hotel Astoria is one of Milan's closer hotels to the San Siro stadium" :D

Although I'm pretty sure it was a 3 star hotel when I was there 5 years ago :confused:

·
Registered
15,674 Posts
Thanks guys.

I read that Galliani is working on moving this game to Friday, so that's something else that you need to take into consideration. Maybe you should check with someone like Capo Ultra to make sure.
I will send him a PM. Not seen anything online about this. http://www.mpestero.com/ this shows Saturday 18:00. They better not change it, already had to change flights once and pay extra.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Rod enjoy your trip. :thumbsup: Btw you should really check with Capo/ Diav about the actual date of the Roma match. According to a source from twitter (a reliable guy @milannello), he has posted a latest schedule of Milan and the game with Roma is shown at 24th... Check it before you change the flights again...

Source: http://twitter.com/#!/@milanello

1421 - 1440 of 1479 Posts