Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cibalia midfielder Mario Andricevic has been suspended 6 months by the HNS for breaking Mladen Pelaic's leg in the recent Hajduk - Cibalia match. This was the minimal penalty, he could have gotten up to two years suspension.

What do you think? I personally think it's too harsh but that's me. But I also think Taylor got off easy, meaning somewhere between 3 matches and 6 months :D

I see it as if it wasn't on purpose how can you tell players not to play, it's part of the game

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
It would be hypocritical not to give him a lengthy suspension after everyone in Croatia called for a lifetime ban on Taylor after the Eduardo incident. His tackle was just as bad, if not worse than Taylor's. The only difference is that Eduardo is a legend and Pelaic is, well, not. :)

·
Registered
69,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the problem I have with that though is, for example, say if Taylor injured say...Srdjan Lakic or a Mario Bazina, would anybody really give a ****? No disrespect to those guys, but the only reason why it was an outrage was because it was Eduardo.

ps, this is why the NHL playoffs will turn into a disaster, they over protect their stars ;)

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Yeah, my point exactly but I think that the HNL got it right and the EPL ****ed it up.
What do you mean about the NHL? You think a star will get injured?

·
Registered
69,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no what I mean is the star's get special treatment. Although I am not a Rangers fan, I will watch that series and I will see the Rangers get a penalty everytime they touch Crosby. Knowing Bettman, he will force the refs to give any advantage possible to the Pens

but you can make that arguement in many sports, Jordan in basketball getting every call in the book, Bonds in baseball where the umps never call a striker etc..

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I don't know. It seems the refs call everything these days. It doesn't matter if it's against a star or not. Did you see that bullshit penalty that Washington got against the Flyers. Poti barely touched the guy and he went down like he was shot. I remember the good old days when you could watch a whole playoff game and there would be no penalties, especially in the 3rd period, or God forbid, OT. :)

·
Registered
69,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NHL officiating is horrible, especially in the playoffs. I really can't stand this "New NHL" and Bettman's "genius" ideas.

Bettman would probably want to get rid of the Original 6 and put them in markets such as Oklahoma City, Portland, San Francisco, Houston, New Orleans, you know hockey crazy cities? :eek:

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Trying to Hockey to non-hockey markets is stupid. It's like trying to sell cricket of Aussie rules in N.A. Places like Winnipeg and Quebec City should still have teams and Hamilton, Regina, Saskatoon could also support NHL hockey and have an instant and dedicated fan base. The TV revenue thing is the only hurdle but really how many people in Nashville watch them on TV?

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
oh no :doh: another HNL topic gone NHL. :D

6 months is minimum what these fouls should be recieving.
What does 6 months exactly mean, other than not being able to play any club games is he allowed to train with the club? the season is almost over and most of the time will be eaten up in the off season.

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
I think baraba said it best in the first post:

HNL got it right and EPL fcuked it up!

I am all for this. If you go studs up towards a players legs you are not just wanting to get the ball off him, you are about cause some serious injury.

I would go as far as to say that I would red card any player, regardless of damage done, who goes in high with studs up. This is the only way to stop players being hacks, because every player will at some point feel that he will get the ball that way... Lets make them accountable for their actions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts