Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
R0naldo
23,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Operation Arshavin

After struggling offensively against the likes of Juventus and Almería in recent games, Real Madrid have made it priority number one to recruit a creative, attacking player during the winter transfer market.
Zenit St Petersburg forward Andrei Arshavin has popped up at the very top of the Bernabéu hierarchy’s Christmas list after the 27-year-old publicly declared last week that he no longer wishes to remain on Zenit’s payroll in 2009.
“Next year, I do not want to play here and I will not be playing here. If I remain at Zenit after the winter trade period, I will only be a Zenit player on paper,” he revealed bluntly to Russian newspaper Sport-Express.
The announcement was quickly picked up by Madrid’s sporting department, who in turn immediately informed president Ramón Calderón of his availability.
According to DiarioAS, Los Merengues are considering bringing Arshavin to the Bernabéu on loan until 30 June 2009, before exercising their option to purchase him outright for a fee of around €30 million.
AS has also reported that a representative at Zenit, Alexei Petrov, has given the green light to any potential suitors to start tabling their bids.
“In January, we will not negotiate through any of Arshavin’s agents. Instead, we will deal directly with the clubs who are interested in him,” affirmed Petrov.
Even the Russian outfit’s coach, Dick Advocaat, is already resigned to losing his star player: “It is necessary to allow Arshavin the opportunity to move on.

“We have had some good moments together but it is now time to go our separate ways. It is best for both the player and the club if he can sign for one of Europe’s great teams.”
The only issue for Madrid, should they eventually acquire Arshavin, is that he will be cup-tied for the rest of this season’s games in European competition. But with Los Blancos set to welcome Zenit to the Spanish capital on December 10 for the final group game of the Champions League, the Madrid board could be presented with the perfect opportunity to make their move.

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
yeah im not happy with that. We dont have problems in attack. ITS THE DEFENSE!!!

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Zenit will not loan him......makes no sense.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Speaking to the press, Arshavin said, "I can confirm that officials from Zenit have begun preliminary negotiations with Real Madrid about my transfer."

Full name: Andrei Sergeyevich Arshavin
Date of birth: May 29, 1981 (age 27)
Place of birth: Leningrad, USSR (now Saint Petersburg, Russia)
Height: 1.72 m (5 ft 7+1⁄2 in)
Position: Attacking midfielder, second striker

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Great player - shame he is cup-tied for the Champions League. Still, he would be an extremely valuable addition and would help us in the league.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Arshavin is a yid not a cule, but Spurs don't need him now as they have Darren Bent in superb form and looking like a young Ronaldo. :pp

13,358 Posts
my friends some inter fans tell me this player is "overrated"...he is a one season wonder who will fall back to obsecurity very soon:err: i dont know which way to think

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
my friends some inter fans tell me this player is "overrated"...he is a one season wonder who will fall back to obsecurity very soon:err: i dont know which way to think
Why don't you ask Anderson Cooper? He's probably got the answer.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
So does this mean no Di Maria?

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Our defense is only leaking goals because of the instability caused through injuries. On paper we are fine, we just need our players back and for them to get some rythm.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts