Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last night's MOM, oozing class and leaving everyone breathe-less with his amazing technic, vision and superb passes. Yet again, on the biggest stage showing why he is the most vital player in the Milan team. :stuckup:

A pure joy to watch him. The spanish commentators in here were in awe for him. Everytime he was about to receive the ball, they were saying things "Mira, mira lo que Pirlo va hacer con la pellota". And without counting countless times "OLE!" at his moves!:stuckup::stuckup:

FORZA ANDREA!!!!IMHO, there's not a better passer in the world today than him. Short, mid range, long range, you name it and the Architect of Dreams will make it happen!:stuckup:

Andrea Michelangelo Pirlo :star::stuckup:: :proud:

Cheers.;)

P.S. I'd like to know what Bayman thought of Andrea's performance last night...:lala::D

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Personally I've had the pleasure if having lunch with a Cugino today in my canteen :cool: and once the nwme Pirlo was overheard from a nearby table, his face turned sour ;)

Fantastic display of both quantity and quality by Andrea "Michelangelo" Pirlo :shades:

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why isn't the pic I attached not showing up?:stress:

Lucky you Presidente to be surrounded in a seas of Cugini...:lick: :D I wish I was able to feast like that too...:sob: Oh well...:eek:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
The big positives in Pirlo's game were:

1) Confidence on the ball when being pressed. Kris mentioned in another thread the way he took the ball out from our D when Ferdinand was pressing him. That is confidence. Footballing your way out of trouble. ;)

2) Work rate ... he ran a lot even though Ronaldo was faster than him but he ran till his last breath. He wasn't lazy at all and he had the full 90 (till he played that is) mins at the same level. :cool:

3) Physically he was strong enough to deal with what was thrown at him. Keane and Scholes are stronger than him physically but he didn't get outmuscled. :shades:

Carlo's training regime gets the credit and the players get the credit for applying themselves. We won't realize this now perhaps but in about 25 years this win will be regarded as right up there amongst our memorable ones. The first one is always beautiful.

Pirlo was monstrous. He made us play at our tone and dictated the game.

·
Registered
43,408 Posts
There is sth strange and special about Pirlo, especially in his role. very difficult to tell. Haroon made a very goo dattepmt in sumarizing. Pirlo's role is one special - he bring cool in our game teh way Kaka brings rythm. Pirlo is the one to slow down the tempo in teh possitiev way of teh word, just like Kaka is to explode in a blistering run thru teh oponents mid. And then, for Pirlo, comes the passing ...

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
San Siro said:
Why isn't the pic I attached not showing up?:stress:

Lucky you Presidente to be surrounded in a seas of Cugini...:lick: :D I wish I was able to feast like that too...:sob: Oh well...:eek:

Cheers.;)
Eventually, conversation fell on Crespo and Seedorf ;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Haroon said:
The big positives in Pirlo's game were:

1) Confidence on the ball when being pressed. Kris mentioned in another thread the way he took the ball out from our D when Ferdinand was pressing him. That is confidence. Footballing your way out of trouble. ;)

2) Work rate ... he ran a lot even though Ronaldo was faster than him but he ran till his last breath. He wasn't lazy at all and he had the full 90 (till he played that is) mins at the same level. :cool:

3) Physically he was strong enough to deal with what was thrown at him. Keane and Scholes are stronger than him physically but he didn't get outmuscled. :shades:

Carlo's training regime gets the credit and the players get the credit for applying themselves. We won't realize this now perhaps but in about 25 years this win will be regarded as right up there amongst our memorable ones. The first one is always beautiful.

Pirlo was monstrous. He made us play at our tone and dictated the game.
Grat post Haroon :shades:

May I add a 4th point :stuckup:

He's a former Cugino ;)

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Inter is a great feeder club. :cool: Seedorf, Pirlo & Crespo all had a big hand in our win last night. In addition to that we have to thank them for getting Cannavaro as we got Nesta as a result and he was a towering presence for us. The best feeder club. :stuckup:

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Bayman was again proved right! Pirlo only plays good against those mediocre teams that are fairly offensive like Messina, Cagliari and Manchaster United. :D

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Haroon said:
Inter is a great feeder club. :cool: Seedorf, Pirlo & Crespo all had a big hand in our win last night. In addition to that we have to thank them for getting Cannavaro as we got Nesta as a result and he was a towering presence for us. The best feeder club. :stuckup:
I sure miss thoese swap deals :frownani:

Should we sign Recoba? :undecide:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
JKris said:
Pirlo only plays good against those mediocre teams that are fairly offensive like Messina, Cagliari and Manchaster United. :D
The Red Devils played defensive yesterday :confused: ;)

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Diavolo said:
I sure miss thoese swap deals :frownani:

Should we sign Recoba? :undecide:
No ... NEVER!!! Adriano only. :angel:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
JKris said:
Bayman was again proved right! Pirlo only plays good against those mediocre teams that are fairly offensive like Messina, Cagliari and Manchaster United. :D
That's pretty much it, except that they are not mediocre and subsequently (unlike Messina,...) had very good scoring chances when rushing on our defence from centre.
ManUtd certaily didn't sit back with 11 men.

And yes Pirlo played good. But imo Seedorf was MOM, as he was involved in every chance and had a huge defensive contribution.
After Seedorf then came Pirlo, Cafu and Kaladze together.

In that Christmas tree midfield every player looks fine (like in 02/03 Cl Bayern, Depor matches with Rivaldo in place of kaka) as we have enough creativity and ball holding upfront (kaka and Rui). It's mainly the 4-4-2 where there is a huge gap between central midfielders and strikers as Kaka has to do everthing on his own.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Yes, Pirlo is becoming a great player. He is making non-stop progress, and can become Italy's #1 player soon.
How could Inter "present" him to Milan?... Really incomprehensible.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Bayman said:
That's pretty much it, except that they are not mediocre and subsequently (unlike Messina,...) had very good scoring chances .
2 chances. 1 from an unusual error by Nesta the other from a 90 meter fast counter.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Bayman said:
In that Christmas tree midfield every player looks fine (like in 02/03 Cl Bayern, Depor matches with Rivaldo in place of kaka) as we have enough creativity and ball holding upfront (kaka and Rui). It's mainly the 4-4-2 where there is a huge gap between central midfielders and strikers as Kaka has to do everthing on his own.

:rolleyes:
Everytime Andrea plays good, you give all credits to the formation but not the brilliant anchorman who made the formation possible. But when the team plays bad then you point your fingers on ONE and ONLY ONE ANDREA PIRLO. Does it fair? :rolleyes:

Imagine what yould happen if any of your favourites, Baraja, albeda or maniche was in Pirlo's role yesterday? :rolleyes:

Pirlo simply dictated the play in the second half of yesterday's match, Seedorf and Gattuso did make marvellous contribution but the 'brain' and architect is Andrea. :thumbsup:

The player who hailed by our dear Bayman as 'the one who do everything on his own and carry the midfield on his own', namely Ricardo Kaka, was having an average game yesterday besides a superb pass. :stress:

I wonder what makes you hate Andrea so much... :rolleyes:

Pirlo is simply the best defensive playmaker together with Xavi right now. They may have their weakness in pure defensive sense, but come on they are immense in their team's success.
However, without Xavi Barca still have Deco to pull the strings, while Milan simply becomes another team without Andrea, sad but true.

FORZA PIRLO :heart:
:stuckup: FORZA MILAN :stuckup:

·
Registered
194 Posts
andrea pirlo...superb!! marvellous...i just like his ball control..slick moves...cool and calm... :stuckup: :excited: :sweeteye: :happy:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Elephant King said:
:Imagine what yould happen if any of your favourites, Baraja, albeda or maniche was in Pirlo's role yesterday? :rolleyes:
:
Most probably we would have won atleast 4-0

·
Registered
194 Posts
im starting to feel sick and tired with this baraja and other valencia players thingy :groan:

IMO, only 1 player can replace pirlo and that is Xavi...

1 - 20 of 110 Posts