Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
he will be the disaster of euro 2012.
I've had it with him. He was crap again today for inter. Paolo Cannavaro or Matias Silvestre please.

Having the slowest player in world football against spain isnt an option

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
he will be the disaster of euro 2012.
I've had it with him. He was crap again today for inter. Paolo Cannavaro or Matias Silvestre please.

Having the slowest player in world football against spain isnt an option
he will be the rock of euro 2012

anyway barzagli will be ahead of cannavaro or silvestre:pp

nevertheless **** you pirri:thmbdown::howler:

·
Registered
17,029 Posts
We are in all sorts at the back..rannochia not all that good...Chiellini still not in form, being played at LB now...Bonucci is a nightmare....Barzagli is decent but seriously, this is the NT at a major tournament.

I think we'll have an awesome midfield and very versatile group of forwards but that defence is a nightmare.

·
Registered
285 Posts
We are in all sorts at the back..rannochia not all that good...Chiellini still not in form, being played at LB now...Bonucci is a nightmare....Barzagli is decent but seriously, this is the NT at a major tournament.

I think we'll have an awesome midfield and very versatile group of forwards but that defence is a nightmare.
Ditto.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Barzagli ahead of Rano imo, he's in imperious form, had a great first half against roma.

abate-barz-chiellini-criscito is our best defense.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Please? By far the most overrated defender Italy has ever had the misfortune of producing. This guy simply needs to stay home.

·
Administrator
53,989 Posts
Indeed, I liked what I saw at Bari (over Bonnucci), but he is an uuuuuuutter disaster whenever I seen Inter. He shouldnt be anywhere near starting spot on this current state.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
I'd still take Ranocchia as the reserve. He is still young and his current form at Inter doesnt mean he will always be this way, and yes his form for Italy has normally been alot better.

·
Registered
34,519 Posts
One thing you would expect from Ranieri is to improve the defense. Even Legro improved under him, we did finish 3rd and joint 2nd under him with Legro starting. And while he didnt deserve call up for NT he did play better than Canna second Juve stint.

I must say its def a bit worrying time for the defence this euro, Chiellini has been playing LB for half a season, now he will switch back to CD, Bonucci seems totally unreliable. The only positive imo is Barzagli who really has grown this season. But where does he stand when it comes to euro?

I honestly dont know what should be our ideal Euro back 4 right now. Prandelli seems to be a big fan of the likes of Criscito too so...

·
Registered
12,161 Posts
The thing about Ranocchia (at Inter) is that he plays well for most of the game and makes great plays, but then fvcks up once or twice, conceding a goal in the process. For the NT team, he has played well like Deano said. I think it's a confidence issue, and he feels more comfortable under Prandelli and in the NT setup. I expect Barzagli to start alongside Chiellini now, and Ranocchia would be a very able 3rd CB for the NT.

Abate-Barzagli-Chiellini-Criscito is a very solid backline.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
It may be "solid" but is solid enough to win you a major tournament? I don't think so.

Compared to Italian backlines of the past, it is very weak. No opposition forwards will be worried/scared of playing against those players.
Well it's not like Italy has defenders that are capable of scaring/worrying forwards atm...whom ever gets selected is literally the best of an average bunch...

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
It may be "solid" but is solid enough to win you a major tournament? I don't think so.

Compared to Italian backlines of the past, it is very weak. No opposition forwards will be worried/scared of playing against those players.
sure but no backline which features pique & ramos should consider themselves solid either. it's about being good enough to win.

·
Registered
285 Posts
sure but no backline which features pique & ramos should consider themselves solid either. it's about being good enough to win.
This.

This is the statement which basically has me still holding out for Italy this summer at Euro.

If Spain won TWO major tournaments with a shoddy defense... any team can. Hell, if Denmark and Greece won major tournaments... any team can.

I don't know if Italy will ever produce another Nesta-Canna partnership. But the shitty thing is, there won't be one in 4 months, and there isn't one even in the distant, distant future.

Guess we gotta play with the hand we're dealt.

Still would like to see P Canna given a chance. If Bonucci has been given, however many caps he has, P Canna should at LEAST be given another shot. It's been 5 years since his only call up, and he never played. Don't get it. Prandelli has nothing to lose.

·
Registered
19,453 Posts
the team won't win with a weak defence. The defence, however weak it looks, must play well for the team to do well. That is, Ranocchia and Barzagli, whichever of the two plays next to Chiellini, must pull a rabbit out of their hat. If not, Italy doesn't have the possession power of Spain to protect their defence, and they will lose..

·
Registered
285 Posts
the team won't win with a weak defence. The defence, however weak it looks, must play well for the team to do well. That is, Ranocchia and Barzagli, whichever of the two plays next to Chiellini, must pull a rabbit out of their hat. If not, Italy doesn't have the possession power of Spain to protect their defence, and they will lose..
I'm holding out on hopes that either defender pulls a rabbitt out of their ass... and Spain loses a bit of their hunger, and, a bit of their touch due to age. Hopefully that combo will suffice to see us through.

More importantly, we just have to get out of the group. If we make it to the final, what are the odds we'll see Spain again? (I hope no one quotes this 5 months from now... I'll have to 'see myself out' at that point).

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
Ranocchia has been pretty good for the NT so far. His performances for Inter this season have been riddled with stupid errors, but it seems Prandelli can bring the best out of him.

·
Registered
50,257 Posts
Andrea Ranocchia has left football. I smelled something like that when I read that he had rescinded his contract with Monza and above all when I read that Galliani was congratulating him for being "una persona seria".
"My last year and a half has not been easy, slowly even the passion I have always felt for this game has disappeared. Last May, when I was still at Inter, I felt that something was wrong with me but I didn't understand what was. With the club we agreed to part ways because I wanted to find new stimuli and new emotions and I was lucky enough to find Monza who gave me an opportunity and great confidence, offering me an excellent contract and the opportunity to get back into the game and understand what was happening to me.
Unfortunately at the beginning of the season the feelings had not changed. It was as if a switch had been turned off, there was no more passion. At the beginning I didn't want to accept it, I went ahead with commitment, but I felt that there was nothing left inside me. Then there was the bad injury in Naples that would have kept me away for months: without the passion and determination necessary to return I felt it was right not to deceive anyone, first of all myself. I talked to Galliani and I expressed to him my discomfort and my decision, he understood and we rescinded like friends and with great respect. I have nothing more to give right now. Now I take some time to put all these emotions and thoughts in order for the future. I don't think I'll go back to playing football, that's not what I want."

1 - 20 of 24 Posts