Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy has become huge :star:. One of our more reliable players this season.He's completely filled the role Ancelotti gave him, apparently, and he's playing at great form.

His first touch of the ball is probably the best in the world. He manages to turn with the ball, or to gain space every time he touches it, and after just one touch.
Passing is almost perfect, lethal long balls, exquisit stuff.
Amazing at set pieces.
His defensive duties have improved enormously, very intelligent at moving defensively, and surprisingly quite energetic.

Carletto seems to have found the perfect player for the given position.
Thumbs up to him of course, but...

From the way Pirlo is playing, I think it's not really a matter of where he plays honestly. Of course, playing for a team with players such as ours help, and the position suits him, but he's showing such class. Imagine those first touches and that sort of passing closer to the box.
For our team he's perfect where he is, but for him as player I doubt it.
Pirlo could become a legendary old fashioned #10 or even a mezzapunta. He used to score a great amount of goals as youngtser (I think), he's started scoring from deep positions now, I think it makes sense.

Don't get me wrong, I always want the best for Milan and that is keeping Pirlo where he is.
But I just wanted to share that.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
As I sais in my thread, he's currently the best passer in the world on top of being the most important player in our team. He's simply indispensable!

FORZA ANDREA!!!:proud::star:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Andrea 'THE POET' Pirlo is the heart of our midfield and Carlo deserves massive credit for revolutionizing his spot!!

He is PERFECT where he is!!! He is not the conventional DM. He is one with great class, vision and skill!!! He is smooth! :cool:

IMO he should stay where he plays. He is the reason why we are so dangerous and creative all over the pitch coz he doesn't release the ball like a conventional DM. His class, dribbling and vision allows him to thread a killer ball at any time which is awesome for us!

One more aspect Carlo has worked really hard with this team is the long range shooting!! We have had some of the best long range goals this season from our players!!! Pirlo has scored beauties from range as well! :star:

The Poet is the link btw the defence and offence. He is the bridge that links the two beautifully with his artistry!

:star: Pirlo :star:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Totti is the best passer in the world. Now, now...it's crunch time in the Champs League....don't want to get disillusioned, do we?

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
bono said:
I awlays thought bets passer is CZ! :rolleyes: :D
Well, I have always been under the impression it was Thomas Helveg...:googly::stress:

:howler::D

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
San Siro said:
Well, I have always been under the impression it was Thomas Helveg...:googly::stress:

:howler::D

Cheers.;)
Well actually to finally reveal the best kept secret in the Football Universe - it was Benoit Cauet! :star: :strong:

:howler: :howler: :howler:

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
He is playmaker and played well on that possition but this new role suits him even better. He doesn't have few important skills which are needed fot AM. Pirlo is :star: where he is. :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Pirlo is my favorite player in the world. THE best orgainzer there is. However, I too would like to see him a little farther forward. In the games in which Milan wins, Pirlo is truley playing in the center of the pitch; where he can control the entire game. When Milan doesn't play that well, Pirlo is too far towards the back, camping out in front of Nesta and Maldini while Gattuso tries to organize the offense. Pirlo should stay as a CM, but Gattuso should aways play farther back than Pirlo. Too often, I see Gattuso getting in the way and forcing Pirlo to move farther back.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Aguante said:
Pirlo is my favorite player in the world. THE best orgainzer there is. However, I too would like to see him a little farther forward. In the games in which Milan wins, Pirlo is truley playing in the center of the pitch; where he can control the entire game. When Milan doesn't play that well, Pirlo is too far towards the back, camping out in front of Nesta and Maldini while Gattuso tries to organize the offense. Pirlo should stay as a CM, but Gattuso should aways play farther back than Pirlo. Too often, I see Gattuso getting in the way and forcing Pirlo to move farther back.
absolutely true! Pirlo is #1 in the world that organizes the game solely!!!! he is the brain of the team! he is Ancelotti on the field!!!

my All time Favourite!!! :):star:

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I think Pirlo gets more time in his deeper role and that this suits him very well. He would have to be more explosive and faster to play as a trequartista.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
VERDI said:
I think Pirlo gets more time in his deeper role and that this suits him very well. He would have to be more explosive and faster to play as a trequartista.
actually not that many in that role are... Totti and Zidane are neither that fast nor explosive.

I would say it is the other way around, he play in that position because there are not many in that position that have the qualities he have. All to often we see Gattusos or Ambrosinis play there which dullifies the team.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts