Idiots.

·
Administrator
53,108 Posts
Do you only log on XT when you forget to take your meds? :err:

·
Administrator
53,108 Posts
Ok, good to know. I hope you are intelligent enough that you wouldn't be suprised to find yourself blocked or barred from this forum next time you log in.

·
Registered
14,296 Posts
Meazza>Baggio>Maldini>Rivera>Baresi>Facchetti>Zoff>Mazzola sr.>Mazzola jr.>Buffon>Totti>Scirea>Pirlo>Riva>Delpiero

Get real boys... these 2 have no bussiness with no.1 spots. But Pirlo for the wow factor deserves his props. One of the coolest players of recent years :thmbup:

·
Administrator
53,108 Posts

·
Registered
12,161 Posts
Meazza>Baggio>Maldini>Rivera>Baresi>Facchetti>Zoff>Mazzola sr.>Mazzola jr.>Buffon>Totti>Scirea>Pirlo>Riva>Delpiero

Get real boys... these 2 have no bussiness with no.1 spots. But Pirlo for the wow factor deserves his props. One of the coolest players of recent years :thmbup:
:nono:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Andrea Pirlo has been the greatest Italian ever, worrying you "Italian Fans" have been unable to carry on this conversation or without offering any valuable insight as to who would be better. Everyone says the Italian league is in disarray. This forum would a wonderful example of how badly this league and some of it's fans have regressed.

·
Administrator
53,108 Posts
Fvck, I miss him so much.

MMPjtdBWzco

Reactions: Basel_93

·
Registered
12,161 Posts
Andrea Pirlo has been the greatest Italian ever, worrying you "Italian Fans" have been unable to carry on this conversation or without offering any valuable insight as to who would be better. Everyone says the Italian league is in disarray. This forum would a wonderful example of how badly this league and some of it's fans have regressed.
Pirlo most definitely isn't the greatest Italian player of all time. If you think he is, then, I soz, but you don't have a good knowledge of Italian footy history.

Regarding Pirlo vs Del Piero, Del Piero came 4th in Ballon D'or when he was only 22. Pirlo, as great as he was, was never a top-4 player in the world. You can argue that it's close because Del Piero subsequently had that injury, and Pirlo did considerably better with Italy.

There are a number of better Italian players than Del Piero or Pirlo in calcio history.

Pirlo is the greatest Italian CM of all time. Which in itself is amazing, and it ends there.

·
Registered
17,228 Posts
Pirlo most definitely isn't the greatest Italian player of all time. If you think he is, then, I soz, but you don't have a good knowledge of Italian footy history.

Regarding Pirlo vs Del Piero, Del Piero came 4th in Ballon D'or when he was only 22. Pirlo, as great as he was, was never a top-4 player in the world. You can argue that it's close because Del Piero subsequently had that injury, and Pirlo did considerably better with Italy.

There are a number of better Italian players than Del Piero or Pirlo in calcio history.

Pirlo is the greatest Italian CM of all time. Which in itself is amazing, and it ends there.
was Pirlo ever the best CM in the world? if so, he has a fair chance at being as good as del piero was or even better

·
Registered
12,161 Posts
was Pirlo ever the best CM in the world? if so, he has a fair chance at being as good as del piero was or even better
One could argue he was in 2011-12 or the calendar year 2012. He was one of the very best then.

Yes, he could be considered as good as Del Piero. Young Del Piero had greater ability for sure, and Del Piero > Pirlo at club level, but Del Piero never delivered at international level. Pirlo definitely did.

·
Registered
17,228 Posts
One could argue he was in 2011-12 or the calendar year 2012. He was one of the very best then.

Yes, he could be considered as good as Del Piero. Young Del Piero had greater ability for sure, and Del Piero > Pirlo at club level, but Del Piero never delivered at international level. Pirlo definitely did.

Do you remember Pirlo played for Milan before he played for Juve?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Let me get this off my chest. Del Piero is the greatest Juventino ever. Totti probably the greatest Giallorosso but that's irrelevant because that's big fish small pond syndrome though technically solid nonetheless. How these two are even mentioned in the same sentence as Pirlo is beyond me though. I may be dating myself here (maybe not as much as those mentioning Facchetti or Mazzola SR, JR) but I grew up idolizing Roberto Baggio but in my lifetime but I can't think of a more prolific Italian than Andrea Pirlo in terms of class, longevity, winnability meter but more importantly than anything, how he revolutionized a position and owned it. Pundits all over the world commenting on solid prospects with vision and a fraction of his characteristics dare not compare them to Pirlo. But they always categorize these players as ones that can play in the "Pirlo" role. What is a Baggio role? Or a Zoff role?

Obviously Italy has produced some incredible talent and this is purely subjective but I just don't see how anyone can be more influential and talented as Andrea Pirlo. He checks off all the boxes for me which is why I think he is the best Italian ever, by a considerable margin.

61 - 80 of 94 Posts