Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He is a barely 19 years old Juventus CB, and plays in the youth primavera squad. Juventus primavera is probably the best in the history of Juventus at the moment, and Masiello is the best player of this generation. He made his debut against Inter yesterday, and did not disapoint even if the pressure was high. He will also probably start against Lazio, in a crucial scudetto game. This year he will probably made only for a handful of appearences, but Moggi alredy said that he will play a major role next year. He is also a big fan of Juventus and his favourite player is Del Piero.

I think he has the potential, to be a future starter if everything works out well, but he looks a bit frail

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Yes I will see what Masiello does but he played well when he entered v Inter. If he continues in that way for the rest of the season Juve must keep him and Italy U21 mist at leadt call him. I will not go over the top yet but for the last 2 years people have said this boy is the real deal. Well now is his chance to prove it v Lazio and the rest. AT the moment he is surely more valuable than Montero, Birindelli and who ever else.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
yeah, he can't be worse than Montero, he should be used as cover for Cannavaro and Thuram the next year, but Capello may buy another defender, mightn't he ?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Apparently Kovac from Bayern is on his way to Juventus on a free at the end of the season, but still that would leave them with only 3 credible CB's who would all be in their 30's. Capello could always recall Tudor to the squad though, or he could also play Zebina in the middle even though he is useless.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Well Masiello can play on all sides of he defence effectively also so this is a reason to keep him but its plainly obvious that he will be loaned out no matter what Moggi or Capello says about him. Every Juve youngster must be loaned out to a lesser team, its like a policy.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
It's not really a bad thing that they do that though. If Miccoli had moved to Juve as soon as they bought him (years ago) he'd probably be a nobody in Serie C1 now. If they sign some new defenders next year and it becomes clear that he wouldn't get a game then imo it's better for everyone if he gets loaned out.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
My opinion is that sometimes a defender who is possibly a star should not be moved out the way for a 32 year old. Look at Arsenal with Senderos, he gets his chance simply because he is 3rd choice and Wenger believes in him. It only takes 1 Injury for him to play.

Just say Masiello plays well for the rest of the season, is it logical to move him out of the team for a 30 year old player? Possibly its good to buy this experience, but not to start him ahead of a supose super youngster. Not that Im saying Masiello is this yet, hes played just 30 minutes. This is just hypothetical.

·
63,337 Posts
agreed, Masiello should be given a chance in front of Kovac, if he fuks up then play Kovac and send Masiello on loan.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Of course, I agree that sometimes some of the Italian sides take loaning players too far. Case in point I can't see why on Earth Inter loaned out Adriano out to Parma the season after he did so well at Fiorentina and even gave them hald of his cartellino. IF he does well he should probably stay.

Wenger isn't really the benchmark for this either though, he's probably let Senderos start (initially) more because of lack of options than anything else. Otherwise Cole couldn't get a start there until Winterburn was about 45 years old, even though it was obvious he had some potential.

·
63,337 Posts
Vagabondo said:
Wenger isn't really the benchmark for this either though, he's probably let Senderos start (initially) more because of lack of options than anything else. Otherwise Cole couldn't get a start there until Winterburn was about 45 years old, even though it was obvious he had some potential.
Senderos was always going to become 3rd choice, but he had a year out injured so couldn't play for the first half of the season.

and Winterburn was shipped out to West Ham because he knew Cole was good enough to be cover for Silvinho.

i don't think anyone can accuse Wenger of not having faith in youth the amount of young teams we have put out this year.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Vagabondo said:
Of course, I agree that sometimes some of the Italian sides take loaning players too far. Case in point I can't see why on Earth Inter loaned out Adriano out to Parma the season after he did so well at Fiorentina and even gave them hald of his cartellino. IF he does well he should probably stay.
Adriano, a player so good Inter bought him twice.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
no-one was accusing him Jern, I just said he wasn't the benchmark. I don't blame him either, he can't really play a lot of kids in the side like Ajax can afford to (or like Roma can't afford not to ;)) :stuckup:

btw how many more goals does Lupoli need with the reserves before he gets shown some faith? :tongue:

·
63,337 Posts
Vagabondo said:
btw how many more goals does Lupoli need with the reserves before he gets shown some faith? :tongue:
Lupoli has played in the F.A. Cup but he isn't quite ready yet, he is well behind Aliadiere who is now physically developed fully.

another two years and i reckon Lupoli could be knocking at the door if things go well.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
isn't he thinking of doing the same with Frey as well ? :googly:
yes he'll probably pay 20m for him and then swap him to Man Utd for Carroll or something :drunk: :D

apparently there's rumours that Inter want Roberto Carlos and Silvestre back too :googly:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
we mustn't forget Gresko either, he would always be chance with Inter as well. :star:

I'm sure that Moratti would line up a swap deal for him involving Cordoba or Burdisso if only he could find out which 3rd division club (and in which country) Vratislav is playing his football at these days :jester: :drunk:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am pretty sure that Masiello won't be loaned out, because with Del Pieros carrer nearing end, Juventus wants another player that will be with Juve for his entire carrer
but another candidat for the spot is Bettega the son of our legend Roberto Bettega, he is also talented, not as much as Masiello but he has an adventage because his father is a big man at Juventus, and is also younger for a year

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Senderos has played a full season in Switzerland and Masiello has had a few matches at Lucchese too. You can't compare these 2 (or Rossi) to the likes of Totti, Gerrard or Maldini who are fully homegrown in every sense of the word.

EDIT: fine edit your posts to embarass me then :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts