Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the Udinese forum is pretty much dead, I thought I'd post this here.

Udinese coach, Marino, has said that a deal is very close and that Liverpool will sign him for 12m euros which is not cheap for a fullback.. and since I've watched zero Udinese games the past couple of seasons, I no nothing about him.

Appreciate any comments and opinions on him.

·
Registered
32,711 Posts
Good, solid player, a poor mans Zambrotta.

Question is will he fail or not in EPL. Some Italians do, some don't. I think he'll be all right for you.

·
Registered
46,350 Posts
12m for Dossena is a daylight robbery. I hope Liverpool are interested in some players of Sampdoria too. :lick:

I have to answer you yet: he is not even a finger of Zambrotta. He is more in the league of Pistone, just to tell you a player you probably know. :D He has had a good season as a left wingback in the 3-4-3 of Udinese, but one year ago he was a Mr. Nobody (he is 26).

·
Registered
917 Posts
Dossena is a player I have noticed last year because I thought he was a slick passer with decent ball control and fairly responsible defensively. He isn't a dynamic player though, and I am sure that money can be better spent--Vargas might command that transfer sum and he is by far the better player.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
He's an ordinary player, but he performs well enough in his role. Again he was OK against Turkey U23s today..

·
Administrator
52,984 Posts
Dossena didnt play in the U-23 squad :googly: He is 26-27 years old. Oldest player on that toulon squad is a 23 year old Nocerino.

·
Registered
32,711 Posts
12m for Dossena is a daylight robbery. I hope Liverpool are interested in some players of Sampdoria too. :lick:

I have to answer you yet: he is not even a finger of Zambrotta. He is more in the league of Pistone, just to tell you a player you probably know. :D He has had a good season as a left wingback in the 3-4-3 of Udinese, but one year ago he was a Mr. Nobody (he is 26).
Udinese= Toni's guffare club Numero Uno!

:smileani:

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
in other words he s a pice of shit

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
It is robbery, but Donadoni was interested enough to call him when no one in Italy had even really heard of him :D However since, I have seen him more often and he is a very very good full-back, his energy is amazing, and indeed I dont think he is too old. I can see him playing for Italy after this Euro actually.

Firenze was thinking of the Parma Dessena of course...

This Dossena IMO is an upgrade on Riise, who had been quite dreadful this season, he is also much better on the ball, and possibly even a better defender. Aurelio is someone I like though, so Liverpool going to next season with Aurelio and Dossena would be good for them.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
actually i don`t trust riise anymore while aurelio hasn`t play so many games due to the injuries . so , i wish Dossena be the best choice for the reds . :hopeful:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Dossena is also of course physically very good... I mean an LB like Vargas (from Catania) probably wouldnt suit the EPL, as he is very small... nowadays FBs need to have a build like a CB, but also be very talented on the ball... Dossena is this type of player. of course there are exceptions, like Lahm, or Evra from the EPL, but that is simply because they are unbelievably talented, and have great recovery speed.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
IMO a good deal... also a decent price, considering EPL standards :pp

·
Masch for Captain
2,413 Posts
He has impressed me quite a lot probably the player I notice is of a decent standard with Di Natale and Zapata. Him and Natale link up very well on the wing aswell and that just him imagine when him and Gerrard link up:proud:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Dossena is 1 CM smaller, but 2 KG bigger... not much difference actually... when Ive seen them Dossena just seems bigger to me, dont know why... probably because he runs alot more.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts