Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw that there's a new Flamengo fan here ,PMLF, so I'm grabbing the chance to ask about your old boy Bahia who's now at Feyenoord :D

Do you reckon he'd suceed here and that 'he'll break into the team straight away? our coach Gullit has said that he's one for the future but I really hope that he does get a chance, otherwise we will have loaned him for nothing :lazy:

as you suggested some time ago btw Jcamilo, I'll use this thread to update you about the Brazilians overhere. Latest here is that Corinthians approached PSVs goalie Gomes on coming back to Brazil but he said that he wasn't interested in coming back. Other than that there isn't much to report about since it's the winterbreak right here (even though it's 10 C nowadays in the winter here . Last time the canals froze overhere was more than 6 years ago :eek: ).

·
Registered
933 Posts
André Bahia is a good player but in my opinion he is not better than Alex (ex-Santos, now at PSV). André Bahia is good at heading.

·
Registered
59,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like Alex. Looks like a rock. If Bahia is like 80 % of what Alex is then I'll be very happy.

How is Bahia looked upon by Flamengo fans by the way?
Do they still like him since I read that the Flamengo board was unhappy with him because he appeared in a Feyenoord shirt when he was overhere and still officially only a Flamengo player and that he was made to sit on the bench because of this. But since you had injuries in defence, Bahia did manage to get a game and he scored twice against Cruzeiro which saved you from relegation :eekani: (shocking since Flamengo's the biggest club in Brazil right? in supporters numbers)

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
The thing is, Flamengo currently is only the biggest in number of supporters (no offense PMLF, but it's true).

And Andre Bahia was rated as a very good young prospect by Fla's fans. His decision to leave was frowned upon – but Fla's current directors are impotently watching all their best youth-squad players leave like the house was on fire (two of their best players, Jean and Julio Cesar, just left for free because their contracts expired), so most of the fans didn't even blame the player personally. Flamengo's directors are another matter, though; they knew Andre Bahia was leaving to play in Europe and that didn't bother them, BUT the directors were absolutely outraged when the player annouced it publicly by wearing Feyenoord's shirt on a press conference while the league was still going on.

So, strangely, the transfer itself wasn't the problem for Fla's directors – but Bahia's decision to announce that transfer to the fans and media was received as an act of treason. Go figure. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
933 Posts
Garrincha said:
The thing is, Flamengo currently is only the biggest in number of supporters (no offense PMLF, but it's true).

And Andre Bahia was rated as a very good young prospect by Fla's fans. His decision to leave was frowned upon – but Fla's current directors are impotently watching all their best youth-squad players leave like the house was on fire (two of their best players, Jean and Julio Cesar, just left for free because their contracts expired), so most of the fans didn't even blame the player personally. Flamengo's directors are another matter, though; they knew Andre Bahia was leaving to play in Europe and that didn't bother them, BUT the directors were absolutely outraged when the player annouced it publicly by wearing Feyenoord's shirt on a press conference while the league was still going on.

So, strangely, the transfer itself wasn't the problem for Fla's directors – but Bahia's decision to announce that transfer to the fans and media was received as an act of treason. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Flamengo is still bigger than Botafogo though. :howler:

But unfortunately you're right about André Bahia and how the Flamenguistas felt. Our board is completely stupid. I wish our chairman was as smart as the Botafogo one.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
PMLF said:
Flamengo is still bigger than Botafogo though. :howler:
I never said otherwise... but bigger isn't necessarily better. ;)

And by the way – welcome to Xtratime, PMLF! We're glad you're here! :)

·
Registered
933 Posts
Garrincha said:
I never said otherwise... but bigger isn't necessarily better. ;)

And by the way – welcome to Xtratime, PMLF! We're glad you're here! :)
Thanks. This forum looks good and from what I have seen you look a good mod (even though you are a botafoguense :frownani: ).

As for André Bahia, it's really a shame that he is leaving the team. I doubt Fabiano will be better than him.

·
Registered
59,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I read about the dodgy Flamengo board in a magazine here yeah and also about the Dimba saga where he did get paid (got a big sign on fee) while the other players didn't get paid and as a result of this, no one passed the ball to him and he ended up scoring like one goal which he celebrated alone :howler: :D
Real shame to see this happen to Zicos club :( any chance of him coming back? or at least getting some kind of role/say in the future since I guess he probably now might have it too busy now with the Japanese NT job to come back full-time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts