Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is said that he received death threats aimed at him and his family after the chelsi barca match, any one know anything about this ? (please post)
I thought he was a good refree.

News from sportinglife.com

FRISK QUITS REFEREEING

Swedish referee Anders Frisk is to retire with immediate effect following a number of threats aimed at him and his family.

Bo Karlsson, chairman of Sweden's football referees association, confirmed Frisk's exit from the game but refused to divulge any details of the nature of the threats.

He told the Swedish news agency TT, www.ttt.se: "I don't want to go into the details, Anders will have to talk about that.

"But the threats have been serious enough. We have spoken and I can confirm he is quitting."

Frisk was in charge of the controversial match between Chelsea and Barcelona in the Champions League last month which saw the Spanish side emerge with a 2-1 first-leg victory.

After the game Blues boss Jose Mourinho accused his Barcelona counterpart Frank Rijkaard of speaking to Frisk in his dressing room at half-time.

Chelsea were also unhappy with the red card Frisk awarded to striker Didier Drogba.

In September Frisk abandoned the Champions League clash at Roma's Olympic Stadium when Dynamo Kiev were the visitors after being struck on the head by an object thrown from the crowd.

He was scheduled to referee the World Cup qualifying match between Estonia and Slovakia on March 26.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Sad.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
He and his family have been receiving threaths via mail and telephone since the 1'st leg, and the threats even increased after the 2'nd leg. Frisk felt their was no use keep going so he decided togheter with his family to stop being a ref. Very sad indeed. I personally never liked him as a ref but this is just outrageus.

I blame this on Mourinho and the English media..

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I don't like him much as a ref (then again i don't think there's any ref's i like!) but that is shameful behaviour by whoever gave the threats. Hopefully they will be caught

Sadly this sort of thing seems to be on the increase :(

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Queresma said:
we are blaiming the actions of radom idiots on mourinho now?
It's the cool thing to do.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
There is a reason for Uefa and the National federations fine coaches and players for saying stuff. It's because stupid persons take what these coaches and players say to harsh and go and do stuff like this against Frisk. Mourinho should know better then to talk so much bull in public about Frisk.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
I hope these hooligans can wake up and realise how much they're destroying football. Anders Frisk is a top referee and this is just disgraceful.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Hasuni said:
There is a reason for Uefa and the National federations fine coaches and players for saying stuff. It's because stupid persons take what these coaches and players say to harsh and go and do stuff like this against Frisk. Mourinho should know better then to talk so much bull in public about Frisk.
mourinho was angry at how the game turned out, he probably should have kept quite but there is a huge leap between what mourinho said and threatening to kill a persons wife and kid(s).

i would imagine it was the red card and the goals that where conceded as a result that lead to this more so then what mourinho said.

either way it is a disgrace and anyone that would do this has no right being part of the beautiful game.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Hollywood Frisk was a terrible ref and I'm delighted that he's gone but not delighted in the circumstances.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Queresma said:
mourinho was angry at how the game turned out, he probably should have kept quite but there is a huge leap between what mourinho said and threatening to kill a persons wife and kid(s).

i would imagine it was the red card and the goals that where conceded as a result that lead to this more so then what mourinho said.

either way it is a disgrace and anyone that would do this has no right being part of the beautiful game.
Yeah the innocent Mourinho only speaks for the good of football.. :nono:

Just a question..Why didn't the Roma-fans threaten Frisk and his family?

Because nobody in Roma did what Mourinho did, and you should know that Roma have very violent parts of their fans.. A man in Mourinhos place should know better then talk about it for about 3 weeks..Once or twice would have been ok, but the man wouldn't shut up about it. Not every person out there is Einstein and some took what Moutinho said and wanted to take matters in their own hands and scare and teach Frisk a lesson..

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Clearly a consequence of how much Mourinho has blamed his side's defeat in the first leg on him. It wouldn't have come to this if he had just complained in his first press conference after the game ( incidentally he didnt even attend the one he was supposed to), but he chose to go on and on. But having said that, even Mourinho would not have intended things to come to this. After all, he wasn't supposed to know his words would provoke some sickening fans into this kind of behaviour. But this is an incident that UEFA, and indeed all football governing bodies around the world, could and should use to prohibit managers and other prominent members of a club from making negative comments on match officials.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts