Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
hagi was cool.redondo is great.but instead of signing HAGI we should sign A YOUNGSTER not 20 but atleast about 25.
how about EDGAR DAVIDS.
the PITBULL.

------------------
FORZA MADRID
FORZA ANELKA
FORZA MORIENTES
FORZA RAUL

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Did anyone see last nights game between galata and Arsenal? I mean Gheorge Hagi AKA Maradona of the Carpathians, played some game. the tricks he showed were soooooo great. i was amazed again and again. of course he fuc*ed it all up, when he got the red, but still! 36 years old and sooo good. I mean redondos trick at old Trafford looks pretty bleak alongside Hagi's stuff! That spin and backheel really put me on the ground. Great football. Maybe we should sign him>? I mean he would cost pennys and perhaps we'd finally win the Treble? hehe :)?

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Wasnt Hagi just lucky with that one? I didnt see it in replay so iam not sure. Still, he was great but noone is even close to Redondo!

Another midfielder...I dont mind discussing that because i have always said (and i am since the beginning of this season) that we should get Gaizka Mendieta. Look out for him in the Euro2000!

Real&Barcafan

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
R&B! Be for once objective. Hagi was great last night, much better then i've ever seen Redondo. I mean Redondo may be great, but you won't see him doing those kinda tricks, now will you?

·
Registered
526 Posts
The only similarity between the two is that they both play midfield. Hagi is a playmaker, a #10, Redondo is a defensive midfielder. Just slightly different roles. Also Hagi has already played for Real Madrid, and he flopped.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Hagi? Very good for a gala player, but would be a sub at our b team. We have so many greater forwards then him. He did play good for gala, but is is really, because he is with gala. Why do I say this? Plain out simple he is there best. The only person close to him is taffarel and he is there goalie. All the best players on a team are recognized. If any of you rememeber the joke leg nanates vs. arsenal, it was all arse but there was one player who stood out great for nantes mohamed. If this was the only game youi saw, you would think he was maradona!

Redondo is unbelievably superior to hagi.

P.S: ANELKA, you have the same great idea as I do: sighn davids! He is officially my second fav (raul my first) and I would love him on our squad, sorry clarence, more than you.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Nay, I really hate Davids, it will be very difficult for me to face the sight of his wearing our team colors. Hope I won't have to!

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Nice to see you boys here in the Real Madrid forum finally discovered Hagi. I must admit I am shocked to hear all the negative stuff said about Hagi. Sounds to me like you guys saw him for the first time against Arsenal. I am not sure if you guys saw the second leg of the Leeds Matchup but he was even better. I don't know how you guys get away with dissing Hagi like this. He is one of the best players in the last two decades, officially. Respected magazines have ranked him in the Top20 all time greatest.

We are not talking flashy midfielder who loves to show off every other game, we are talking LEGEND. So before you guys start to disrespect Hagi, please know who you are talking about. (Note: I am not reffering to all of you, just a selected few.)

I suggest you see what kind of goals this "B team sub" has scored this year for Galatasaray at the age of 35!

If you have a fast modem, I suggest you watch ALL his goals, I guarantee you it's going to leave you with a different opinion.

If you just want to see a couple of examples of his greatness and don't feel like searching. Check out the following three goals:

1) ftp://cimbom:[email protected]/videos/gen940050.mpg
2) ftp://cimbom:[email protected]/videos/dort2300uefa02.mpg
3) ftp://cimbom:[email protected]/videos/rap11899clq03.mpg

The link to all the main goal page is: http://www.cimbom.org/videos/

I'll await your comments on these goals guys...

P.S. Comparing Redondo overall to Hagi is hard to do as they have different roles and positions. However, comparing tricks is interesting. In my opinion Hagi is more superior in that department.

-------------

HAGI = Regele.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Another thing, I don't know if any of you Real fans remember, but when Hagi was with Real Madrid, he created a goal similar to the Redondo one against ManU. And guess who it was against... you guessed it, Man U.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I'll post Hagi's career record and everybody can reach their own conclusions.....

Gheorghe Hagi

Former clubs: FC Constanta, Sportul Studentesc, Steaua Bucuresti, Real Madrid CF, Brescia Calcio, FC Barcelona, Galatasaray

Top scorer 1985-86 with 31 goals for Sportul 3 league and cup doubles for Steaua Joined Real 1990; Brescia 1992; Barcelona 1994; Galatasaray 1996 4 games, no goals, in 1997-98 UCL campaign; 6 (1) in 1998-99

Real 1990 - Brescia 1992 - Barcelona 1994 - Galatasaray 1996 ???? Hmm, clubs not too keen on retaining him...

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
how stupid can you people get.....hagi vs. redondo? why are you comparing them? defensive vs. attacking midfielders....redondo has always been a great DM and he doesnt have to show tricks to get recognition...he doesnt usually show off because he can do his job quietly also.

all you idiots can say whatever you want, but the fact is that hagi is one of the greatest players in history and nothing you say can erase that from the history books.

even at his old age he makes most of his opponents look foolish when he makes a great move on them. he is a true leader for any team and inspiration for his teamates.

its too bad not many of him are left in the world because soccer is sure getting boring without the likes of him.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Nobody here was comparing Hagi and Redondo! All I said was the tricks Hagi did really amazed me. I was so overwhelmed. I may have made a mistake comapring him t Redondo, but all they had in common was the tricks. You knw Reds against Mnaure. This was never an attempt to comapre them as PLAYERS!!!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Argentina is right guys (if we exclude some harsh words I agree with him).
And yeah you are not only comparing def. and att. midfielders, but you are comparing a player who has just reached his best age, and another one who just finishes his career. Have you seen Hagi in his youth? HE is a GREAT Player and Leader (far greater leader than Redondo can get- yet you are right here he's also briliant).

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Conclusion:
Both players are to be legends (Hagi sooner then Redondo) and thay have been World-class for a long time...

Also. Quote from Redondo:

-"The team feels positive for the match!"

This quote has been played maybe ten times at TVE. Hope he isnt lying, they do have a bad streak behind them....

real&barcafan

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
ANELKA said:
hagi was cool.redondo is great.but instead of signing HAGI we should sign A YOUNGSTER not 20 but atleast about 25.
how about EDGAR DAVIDS.
the PITBULL.

------------------
FORZA MADRID
FORZA ANELKA
FORZA MORIENTES
FORZA RAUL
Almost 5 years ago :D. Davids was 25 yeas old loooool.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts