Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard on the radio our director Baldini. He said that him and Sacchi just had a meeting with some Boavista directors and agreed a fee of 2 million dollars with them for their brazilian striker Elpidio Silva. :eek: :confused: He also said that the player will be coming at Parma from his vacations from Brazil on Tuesday.

I've never heard of the guy before, I don't even remember him from the Boavista games in the CL. I'll try and find some info about him... 2 million dollars is nothing though.

Cheap bastards? :yuck:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And now I just saw this on calciomercato:

Parma: colloquio col Boavista per l'attaccante brasiliano Silva

Il Parma sta trattando con il Boavista l'attaccante Elpidio Silva, bomber brasiliano di 26 anni, autore di 8 reti nell'ultima stagione. Il presidente del club lusitano, Joao Loureiro, si troverebbe in questi giorni in Italia per parlare con i responsabili del mercato ducale e verificare le condizioni economiche dell'operazione. Il Boavista chiede 2 milioni di dollari, trattativa che potrebbe avere sviluppi importanti nei prossimi giorni. Silva viene visto dalla societa' ducale come possibile controfigura di Adriano, giocatore che potrebbe diventare utile nel turn-over di Prandelli in vista degli impegni di Coppa Uefa.

Luigi Guelpa
They don't give it for sure there. But well, the article was posted at 19.24... much earlier.

At least now we know he is 26 years old and scored 8 goals in the portuguese league this season. Thats not impressive, and he isnt too young either.

:mad:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
None of the italian papers mention ANYTHING about it today. But Baldini on the radio basically said it was done deal. :confused:

False alarm?

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Maybe he scored 8 goals in 10 games? :) Seriously, maybe he had injury problems and couldn't play so many games and this is why he didn't score so many goals and why you couldn't see him in CL... Yeah, I know. I'm an optimist. :D:tongue:

We're never going to attract star strikers to come and sit on our bench anyway. This dude is maybe a good and cheap option for the fourth/fifth striker role.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I don't mind getting an unknown cheap striker like him. We don't loose a lot of money, and on the same time this Silva dude can only impress. It's not like there's alot of pressure on him.
What I'd like to know is waht type of player he is. A target player, goalpoacher, fast n' technical?

And wasn't Stanic also something of a nobody when we got him?

Well, this should mean that Sukur will leave. I'm pretty sure about that. Then the question is if someone like Gilardino will take the fourth or fifth spot.

Di Vaio, Adriano, Bonazzoli, Silva, Gilardino

Our strikeforce should look something like this next season if this news is true.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
well....he is moore like di vaio. I know that he has played in the portugiese league in 4 years now...first for braga and now for Boavista...Actually this dude is a good player and the few times I have seen him in Eurogoals he has been good...:tongue:

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Elpidio Sliva???? :eek:

How can you forget him? Beside the Bolivian star and keeper Ricardo he is the only player i remember from Boavista because I have been VERY impressed by this player. He scored a few CL goals, dont remember how many, but at least 3.
I would love to see him at Parma
:)

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Some Info...

Name: Elpídio SILVA
Nationality: Brazil
Birthplace: Campina Grande
Club: Boavista • Portugal
Height/weight: 1.79m • 85kg
Shirt: 11

Code:
Season Club Games Goals 
1997/98 Kashiwa Reysol 
1998/99 Sporting Braga 32 16 
1999/00 Sporting Braga 25 5 
2000/01 Boavista 21 10 
2001/02 Boavista 27 8

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
well......it does not look so good....but who knows...

but he is not scoring more than 10 goals in serie a....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
375 Posts
After each of his champions league goals how could you forget him with his unique celebration of running around shooting his fingers around at people as if they were guns and finishing by shooting himself classic!
abilities though not great but 2 million isn't much. very built strong striker with a body shape much like Mboma or H. Suker. Strong shot and good with possesion!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts