Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Avraham Grant.

He was released by Maccabi Haifa earlier today, a move which made this appointment possible and was later approved by the IFA. Grant will sign on a 4 year deal and hopefully, can be as successful as he was with Maccabi Haifa. :)

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Congratulations to Grant. Hopefully he will change the direction of the NT and he will be successful as he was in Haifa.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Watch the whole NT become Maccabi Haifa players :)

4 years....for how much???

I would think it would necessary to have him on for 1 year and then to see how good he will be doing. :) Im really happy for this.

Is Schum still the assitant coach?

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
$200,000 a year, which is what he was supposed to make in Haifa, so there's no difference for him.

The NT is already all Maccabi Haifa players, I don't think Grant can add anyone from Haifa even if he wants to.

Assistant coach will be determined later.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Maybe it would be cool if Kasthan would be the assistant coach? He doesn't have to barge so much and he makes 2 pay checks? I still want him to be part of the team. We need to be champions?

When is mr. Grants first game with the team! :)

And Keren...don't be jealous just because Haifa has alot of players in the NT. Look at Chile NT. Its all University or Colcolo...and also Saudi Arabia, that Al-jawab team, im not sure....but they got all :)

IN a more poltical sense for you to understand, let me just say...the Hapoel Tel Aviv players......are REFUSNIC'S!! :fero: :fero: :fero:

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Coming to think about it, Haifa don't have so many. Only 5, and Benayun is leaving will make it 4. Hapoel has 4, hopefully Antebi will be allowed to play next season, that will cover for Bachar leaving also.
Maccabi Tel Aviv has 5, but I don't think that Ben Haim will stay in the NT with Grant. He should get some more experience in the league, maybe with the U-21 team.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
neighter way............

Maccabi Haifa had created alot of players for the NT :)

They made Berkovic, Revivo last team in Israel was Haifa and so was Mizrachi! :) clearly there the finest team in israel! :)

as for Bachar and Benyoun, they'll stil play every game hopefully for the NT :D

Im counting on yossi!!! :)

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Good luck for Avraham Grant and let's hope he guides Israel for the Euro 2004 and World Cup 2006.

Who will be his substitute at Maccabi Haifa?

About Kashtan it was his golden chance to make it in the NT everybody wanted him. It looks like the money was above all:greed:
but on the other point he is right I mean he is not obligated to accept being the NT coach but I believe that reaching this level is what every coach wants to get.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
berko,

Its not a wonder that Hapoel Tel Aviv are ignorant! Face it! You live in Israel. When a 'Chayal' does not want to serve in the stachim, what does that mean?? he is a smolani?? Same with Hapoel Tel Aviv...there all Smolanim!!!

There refusnics!!

For a long time they hated the NT and refuse to play. I don't blame them, but come on! Show some pride in your country!!!!

Kashtan, after next season, i gurantee you, is going to have such a hard time, because everyone thinks that Hapoel Tel Aviv will make it into what they did in UEFA, but fact is......there striker Ostrec left, along with Bachar, and Istavan Pishton will be sent to beitar...so who do they got now??? No one....i don't know why they are up on there knees all of a the sudden.

They might make it in the 1st q. round,but by the 2nd, with a team lets say....like Turkey, there going to be eliminated...

im predicting...
3-0 away
0-0 home!

So long suckers!!!!!!! :)

And welcome to Relegation zone in 2002/2003 :) watch them bribe everyone!!! :fero:

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Kappa you're still an idiot.

By the way, Beitar is still the #1 bribers in the country. Go get IFA to move all your away games to neutral stadiums.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I feel that Avraham will bring goods into the team :)

We had it with Neilsen....Don't get me wrong here..Neilsen was fantastic and i think he did the job he was suppose to do to an extent. But there wasn't the chemistry that we needed. The logistics between the NT and neilsen was hard. He didn't make any chances and any opprotunities... Games like Bosnia vs. Israel was stupid cause we tied, and yet we didn't make any chances and on to the German game which we couldn't defend ourselves.....And the fact that he used Hapoel Tel Aviv method made it worser..what was he thinking....

I think he is still a good coach, but he is too simplistic and doesn't have the exact knowledge that Israel needs...we need someone who is willing enough to get a team from A to Playoffs!!! :)

Hopefully Grant knows a couple of names :) he worked in the Hapoel Petach Tikva youth team back 86 :D

·
International
8,545 Posts
Kappa18 said:
I think he is still a good coach, but he is too simplistic and doesn't have the exact knowledge that Israel needs...we need someone who is willing enough to get a team from A to Playoffs!!! :)

I agree 100%, you da man Yoav:cool:

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Yes I am Berko.

Grant is one if not the most modern coach in Israel, he uses European tactics and very offensive.

Maccabi Haifa was a very happy team thiss eason, they were so delighted every goal, everytime etc, and our NT looks so dperessed, so if Grant can bring the same happiness Haifa had for the NT it will benefit us. Rosso if he get citizenship could be one factor in that since he was responsible for the happiness in Haifa too.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Haifa always had happiness!!! :) for maybe a decade now, they have always been on top of there game winning totos, and states and leauge championchip! :) if you can summon a team that did fantastic in the 90's it has to be Haifa....they produced many of our Internatioanal and current stars :)

What was that about Rosso and citizenship? :) do you think Givoanni can one day play for the Israeli NT? :) I mean, its a long shot away...but can a guy like him, whom he already has Caps for with Croatia be able to play for Israel? Im not sure how good that will do, but is it possible/

·
International
8,545 Posts
Rosso doesn't have any caps for Croatia....and here I thought you were da man, guess I was wrong:(

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
IVO, stop herassing me....

I was asking a question! Are you only here to bug the living **** at of me!??? :fero:...speak up, weasle :skull:!!

and next time, have something useful to say...ya oakboy rep-skellion :D

·
International
8,545 Posts
We talked about this before, about Rosso and his eligibility to play for Israel so I'm disappointed that you asked the same question again.

How many times do you need to ask a question, before you remember the answer?

Please don't ask this question again.:)

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Back to the main topic:

Avi Luzon offered that the double coaching rule will be cancelled and that Eyal Lachman will become Grant's assistant.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts