Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with caso gone, the new coach issue has to be discussed. I hope to god its not Maifredi, Camolase is welcome tho !

·
Registered
46,986 Posts
Maifredi is a joke, he is the coach (?) of the Maifredi Team right now. :howler:
I wonder whether Lotito really knows what he is doing (he says that he knows...). Bah! Anyhow the name of the new coach will be said next Monday.
Lotito said that there will be good news coming from the transfer campaign too.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Well said Tone :thmbup: ,Maifredi is a hack IMO he hasn't even done so well in the past and I'd be looking at Popadopulo,Camolese oe Gigi Di Canio who I think is available.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Lazio ponder boss options Friday 24 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lazio fans will have to wait until after Christmas to find out the name of their new Coach.

The capital club were expected to announce Mimmo Caso’s successor last night but they’ve now delayed the decision.

President Claudio Lotito held talks with new sporting director Gabriele Martino, near the city’s Fiumicino airport, but nothing seems to have been decided.

Gigi Maifredi, who is believed to have already agreed a six-month contract, is in pole position to be handed the job.

However, the fact that he has yet to be officially unveiled as the new man in charge has cast further doubts.

Maifredi, formerly of Bologna and Juventus, isn’t believed to be a popular name with many of the Biancocelesti fans.

Some whispers suggest that Lazio are now considering Giuseppe Papadopulo and Giancarlo Camolese are possible alternatives.

Papadopulo, who kept Siena up last season, has been contacted but wants a contract up to June 2006.

Camolese is a contender as he is highly rated by Martino after the two worked together at little Reggina.

Many now expect the capital club to make an official announcement sometime on Monday.

channel4

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Arianna said:
how could he be welcome if u even know his name? lol

CAMOLESE:heart: ...i hope for him to don't become your coach btw:)
i know him pretty well. he's GIANCARLO CAMOLESE :thmbup: , formerly of Toro and former Lazio player. He has got some quality, atleast.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
papadopulo (ex-Siena) looks like the favourite. The confirmation tomorrow afternoon at Formello. Maifredi was reportedly turned away by Lotito !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
L'ex tecnico del Siena ha battuto la concorrenza di Gigi Maifredi, raggiungendo un accordo della durata di sei mesi e del valore di 250mila euro. Papadopulo guadagnerà 50mila euro in più in caso di conquista della Coppa Italia, 100mila euro per la qualificazione alla Coppa Uefa e 200mila per la Champions League
there you go !

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Not a bad choice far better than that overrated Maifredi,I think things could really improve at Lazio now.If they get a couple players in the market they really need,I have confidence that Pepe could bring some consistency back to Formello.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Papadopulo gets Lazio post Monday 27 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giuseppe Papadopulo will probably be named as Lazio’s new Coach today after Mimmo Caso got the Christmas sack.

A press conference has been set for 3pm this afternoon, but it's believed the former Siena boss has pipped candidates Giancarlo Camolese and Gigi Maifredi to the post.

“There is so much talk of a revolution at the Stadio Olimpico, whereas I believe we need to build on rather than destroy what is already there,” commented Papadopulo.

“All we have is the desire to work hard and do well for the good of Lazio. This is a fine squad already and does not need to be torn apart.”

President Claudio Lotito sparked the uncertainty within the club before Christmas when he announced that Coach Caso would go “along with four or five others.”

Papadopulo once played with the Biancocelesti jersey on his back and parted company with Siena last summer despite taking them into Serie A for the first time. He has also sat on the benches of Crotone, Lucchese and Acireale.

The new boss is anxious to start work on a side that will face a major test on January 6 with the long-awaited Rome derby.

“To be the Coach of a side where you had some wonderful years of your career as a player is the ultimate for any man and gives you great excitement,” he concluded.

It’s reported he will pen a six-month contract worth £175,000 with an extra £35,000 bonus for the Coppa Italia victory, £70,000 if he qualifies for the UEFA Cup and £140,000 for capturing a Champions’ League spot.

channel4

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,210 Posts
And Papadopulo it is. :)

Now let's see if he can turn things around.

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Welcome Papadopulo and best of luck!
A win against Roma would be the perfect start for his Lazio career. :)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Papadopulo named Lazio Coach Monday 27 December, 2004

Giuseppe Papadopulo is officially Lazio's new Coach and claims he wants "a squad of Di Canio's."

The decision was widely expected for several weeks, although over the last few days former Juventus boss Gigi Maifredi had pushed into the running to replace sacked Mimmo Caso.

The new boss immediately appealed to the supporters with his opening statements in today’s press conference.

“I want a whole squad of Paolo Di Canio’s,” said the former Siena Coach.

“He is an important player who has the Lazio colours within him and deserves respect. I haven’t spoken to him yet, but now that my arrival is official I’ll meet with the whole team and expect everyone to follow Paolo’s example.”

President Claudio Lotito confirmed the appointment this afternoon and it is a return to the Capital for 56-year-old Papadopulo, who played for the Biancocelesti during his career.

“This is the start of a new era that effectively began on November 30,” said the patron. “That was when we set up a new club infrastructure and brought in director of sport Gabriele Martino. Lazio need reliable people who have faith in this project and although this wasn’t the most economically viable solution, it was the most appropriate for this side.”

Caso’s position became increasingly difficult when fans reacted angrily to his lack of consideration for club legend Di Canio and there were even reports the former West Ham star would become an unofficial member of the Coaching staff.

“Papadopulo was chosen partly for his past record with Lazio as a player,” revealed Lotito, “but also because his strong character will solve many of the locker room problems.”

This is the sixth change of management in Serie A this season, even though Roma took up two of those positions by replacing both Cesare Prandelli and Rudi Voller. Emiliano Mondonico was sacked by Fiorentina on Oct 7, followed by Andrea Mandorlini of Atalanta, Parma’s Silvio Baldini and Caso this month.

channel4

===============

Papadopulo wasn't Lazio's first choice
tribalfootball.com - December 28, 2004

Lazio have unveiled Beppe Papadopulo as the club's new head coach.

Papadopulo succeeds Mimmo Caso, who was dismissed last week. But he wasn't the club's first-choice, with Giancarlo Camolese turning down the Rome club after refusing to accept their short-term proposal.

Papadopulo has signed a six-month contract, which features several healthy bonuses.

The contract to the end of the season is worth a flat £175,000, with £35,000 due if they lift the Coppa Italia. Another £65,000 is due with UEFA qualification and £130,000 if the Champions League is reached.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
New Lazio coach Papadopulo: I want a team of Di Canios
tribalfootball.com - December 29, 2004

New Lazio coach Beppe Papadopulo has declared he wants a "team of Di Canios".

Papadopulo, who has signed a contract to the end of the season with Lazio, was immediately quizzed yesterday about how he intends to handle firebrand Paolo Di Canio.

"I want a team of Di Canios," replied Papadopulo. "Di Canio is an important player and has Lazio pulsing inside of him. He deserves great respect. Up until now I haven't spoken with him as I didn't believe it would be right to do so until everything was made official. But I will do so now, as I will with all the players."

Lazio president Claudio Lotito revealed he and director general Gabriele Martino decided on Papadopulo's appointment as they wanted a strong character to lead the dressing room.

Lotito said: "Martino and I were both in agreement with this appointment. There was no argument, contrary to what you might have heard. We chose him because he is the ideal man to solve the problems within the dressing room. Papadopulo is a strong character and we want someone who can motivate and inspire the players."

Martino added yesterday that he will speak with former coach Mimmo Caso about taking on another role with the club following his dismissal last week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts