Chelsea Vs Juve

Villareal Vs Panathanaicos

Sporting Vs Bayern

Lyon Vs Barca

Athletico Vs Porto

Real Madrid Vs Liverpool

Arsenal Vs Roma

Inter Vs Man Utd

I think it will be a tough match...what do u guys feel..???

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Mourinho has a great record against United, couple that with the CL winners usually crashing out in the last 16 the year they defend the trophy....Don't be too shocked if they knock us out.

Anyway, nice to play these guys again. English media will love having Jose around again.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think this time our team is more balanced...and Inter is not as solid as Chelsea were under Jose. I expect that it will be a classical game.....

pity that we got the toughest team out of the available.

but i love this....repeat of 1999...?

·
Registered
368 Posts
we (United) will lose this if we don't buck up, our defence is leaky at best at the moment, the midfield incapable of dominating any side in the world, and the attack lacks creativity really.

and Jonny Evans isn't good enough, even as backup.

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
ManU will thrash Inter.Vidic will eat Ibrahomovic and Evra vs Quaresma or Maicon vs Ronaldo should be amazing.

Hope Cordoba and Rooney get into a fight,that would be super looney.

·
Registered
16,143 Posts
ManU will thrash Inter.Vidic will eat Ibrahomovic and Evra vs Quaresma or Maicon vs Ronaldo should be amazing.

Hope Cordoba and Rooney get into a fight,that would be super looney.
Quaresma won't be in the team

·
Registered
741 Posts
what a draw!

I think we can edge them out. our defence needs a couple of clean sheets, get their sh!t together.

On our day we can beat anyone. The Roon will shine

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Well, this will be tough. If you lot have a bad day at San Siro while we have a good one, and get the result we could probably play catenaccio at Old trafford and advance. Most likely though we will draw at San Siro and you'll rip us a new one at Old Trafford.

In the first leg you guys are gonna have a handfull with Ibra as I expect him to have space and at least a little support from midfield. He doesn't need much but if he has that and is at his avarage level he will create trouble for you. In the second leg I expect our midfield to be dominated so he'll barely touch the ball and you'll handle him with relative ease.

Maicon, best right back in the World, is another player who's basicly unstoppable when his game is on. I expect him to either score or assist at San Siro but he too will suffer from the inadequacies of our brick midfield and it will leave him with no one to combine with down the right.

All in all I expect you lot to hold your own at San Siro and completely dominate us at Old Trafford. I'm hopin Mourinho will pull something our of his hat. I heard he has a pretty good record against SAF..

Well, whatever happens it will be a pleasure to play the champions of England. Cheers!:)

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
I´m happy it´s not Real Madrid, so Joshy&Co for the moment don´t have a reason to spam around here and tell us how great they are.

Good draw, I´m sure we´ll see two very exciting matches between 2 very stong teams. Surely an advantage that the re-match will be at home.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Well, this will be tough. If you lot have a bad day at San Siro while we have a good one, and get the result we could probably play catenaccio at Old trafford and advance. Most likely though we will draw at San Siro and you'll rip us a new one at Old Trafford.

In the first leg you guys are gonna have a handfull with Ibra as I expect him to have space and at least a little support from midfield. He doesn't need much but if he has that and is at his avarage level he will create trouble for you. In the second leg I expect our midfield to be dominated so he'll barely touch the ball and you'll handle him with relative ease.

Maicon, best right back in the World, is another player who's basicly unstoppable when his game is on. I expect him to either score or assist at San Siro but he too will suffer from the inadequacies of our brick midfield and it will leave him with no one to combine with down the right.

All in all I expect you lot to hold your own at San Siro and completely dominate us at Old Trafford. I'm hopin Mourinho will pull something our of his hat. I heard he has a pretty good record against SAF..

Well, whatever happens it will be a pleasure to play the champions of England. Cheers!:)
Ibrahimovic has unfairly got a horrible reputation in England, and whenever he's faced English teams in Europe the circumstances has gone against him with team mates getting sent off etc.

Really fear it'll all come together for him against us, having said that , Vidic and Rio is probably the best central defensive partnership he'll have come across in the last few years. :)

Nice post anyway, there's usually mud slinging from other fans when CL draws are done but Inter fans seem above that sort of stuff. :thumbsup:

RE Mourinhos record, in 12 games , Saf has only beaten Mourinho once. That is highly significant, there's a mental barrier to be broken there first of all. I really don't see how you can say any team will dominate anyone anywhere. It will be decided by the odd goal most likely, like with most Jose v Fergie games.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Boss relishing Jose reunion

Sir Alex Ferguson is relishing a reunion with Jose Mourinho after the Reds were paired with Internazionale in the Champions League knock-out stages.

Talking exclusively to MUTV in Japan, the boss said: "They kept us hanging being last out of the hat, but its interesting to come up against Jose again. He's a character with a good personality and I've always got on well with him.

"He knocked us out of the competition with Porto, so I hope we have the luck they had in that tie this time round. Inter have had a tremendous domestic record recently and that speaks volumes for the consistency of their team.

"They've got a lot of experience which includes a few South American players. In fact, I think they've only two Italians in their team. That represents a challenge because you know South American players are very tough defensively and resilient players.

"We've played against most of their players over the years and met them in a friendly last year at Old Trafford. So we know about them. Hopefully we'll do the job in the first game and give ourselves a platform to take back to Old Trafford.

"Playing against bigger teams always brings focus to our game, as we showed against Barcelona last season. The most important thing in that tie was to concentrate, and our concentration was terrific.

"The San Siro is a great stadium. We played Inter in the quarter-final in '99 and there were problems with the pitch, it had been relaid a couple of weeks before. But now it's much better. We've lost two semi-finals to AC Milan there so we want to go there and do better. Now the competition really gets going and all the English teams have a good chance. I'm happy with our draw."

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
we (United) will lose this if we don't buck up,
First of all, that's brilliant.

Second of all, go and stand in the corner facing in the wall, and think about what you've just typed.

I really don't know why I reply to these types of posts.:(

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
What a shit thread.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Ibrahimovic has unfairly got a horrible reputation in England, and whenever he's faced English teams in Europe the circumstances has gone against him with team mates getting sent off etc.

Really fear it'll all come together for him against us, having said that , Vidic and Rio is probably the best central defensive partnership he'll have come across in the last few years. :)
Yeah Ibra has rarely played well against English clubs. Like you said, there has been circumstances but I'm not gonna make excuses for him.

And I agree that Vidic and Ferdinand will be a handfull, best CB partnership in the World IMO, and I say this after having watched most of your matches for the last two years.:)

Nice post anyway, there's usually mud slinging from other fans when CL draws are done but Inter fans seem above that sort of stuff. :thumbsup:

RE Mourinhos record, in 12 games , Saf has only beaten Mourinho once. That is highly significant, there's a mental barrier to be broken there first of all.
I didn''t know that.. That is significant indeed.

I really don't see how you can say any team will dominate anyone anywhere. It will be decided by the odd goal most likely, like with most Jose v Fergie games.
Well I hope your right but our midfield gets dominated by high pressing and quick one touch passing on a consistent basis, especially away from home. They are very good players individually but they have too similar qualities and neither of them can dribble the ball or push it upfield.

We thought we could fix this by bringing in Quaresma and Mancini but those two have been far from impressive and haven't played a minute in the last five Serie A games.:doh:

Sad to admit it but we depend too much on our individuals. We dominate Serie A because of Ibra and Maicon. In every match you see several moments of brilliance from them that usually sees us through, while the rest mostly focus on working hard. In CL that's simply not enough.

I mean look at this.

TOTAL ~ ALL COMPETITIONS

GOALS

11 Ibrahimovic 10 Serie A 1 CL 0 CI
3 Adriano (1) 1 Serie A 2 CL 0 CI
3 Cruz 2 Serie A 1 CL 0 CI
3 Maicon 2 Serie A 1 CL 0 CI
3 Muntari 2 Serie A 0 CL 0 CI 1 SC
2 Balotelli 0 Serie A 1 CL 0 CI 1 SC
2 Stankovic 2 Serie A 0 CL 0 CI
2 Cordoba 2 Serie A 0 CL 0 CI
1 Quaresma 1 Serie A 0 CL 0 CI
1 Obinna 1 Serie A 0 CL 0 CI
1 Mancini 0 Serie A 1 CL 0 CI
1 Vieira 1 Serie A 0 CL 0 CI
1 Samuel 1 Serie A 0 CL 0 CI
1 Maxwell 1 Serie A 0 CL 0 CI
1 Materazzi 0 Serie A 1 CL 0 CI

ASSISTS

6 Ibrahimovic 4 Serie A 2 CL 0 CI
3 Maicon 2 Serie A 1 CL 0 CI
3 Muntari 3 Serie A 0 CL 0 CI
2 Stankovic 2 Serie A 0 CL 0 CI
2 Mancini 2 Serie A 0 CL 0 CI
2 Balotelli 0 Serie A 2 CL 0 CI
1 Adriano 1 Serie A 0 CL 0 CI
1 Quaresma 1 Serie A 0 CL 0 CI
1 Maxwell 0 Serie A 1 CL 0 CI
1 Cambiasso 1 Serie A 0 CL 0 CI
1 Cordoba 1 Serie A 0 CL 0 CI

Have you ever seen such unproportional stats between team members? Ibra has three times the amount of goals as anyone else, and twice as many assists. And Maicon (our RB) is second in assists and second in goals. Granted those stats willl even themselves out in the future but that's basicly what we have been about for the past two seasons.

Double mark Ibra, press our midfield high, thus limiting Maicon's advances and you will beat us convincingly. Maybe I'm being negative but having watched us get outplayed by Werder Bremen took my last hope away from me. Anyways, I'm looking forward to it though. Always nice to see my team play against quality opposition.

Best of luck to ya and sorry for the long ass post.:smileani:

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
They are there for the taking, if we can make Ibrahimovic have a quiet game they offer nothing, like against Liverpool. They have shit wingers and a lifeless dull journeyman midfield without any goal scorers or game breakers. A good tactical performance at the San Siro and turn on the usual Utd attacking blitzkrieg at Old Trafford.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
we (United) will lose this if we don't buck up, our defence is leaky at best at the moment, the midfield incapable of dominating any side in the world, and the attack lacks creativity really.

wise up

1 - 20 of 79 Posts