Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, the replacement of Pagano has come. Gasbarroni, who was a player of Sampdoria in 2002-2003. Gasbarroni comes on loan till June.
Well, during this season Guidolin hardly gave him a chance and indeed Gasbarroni hardly showed to deserve it.
He is a very talented player, probably more talented than Pagano. Yet, Pagano seemed to me a more complete player.
Gasbarroni is an offensive midfielder but Novellino used him both at right and left midfield.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I can't help but feel we've been cheated by Novellino's honour again. I mean come on! One poor performance by Pagano and he's out? Bringing Gasbarroni back now feels a bit like a second rate solution... :undecide:

·
Registered
46,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The hope is that at least Gasbarroni will be the player we saw in the first part of the season 2002-2003, that means a player able to dribble opponents and cross. In the second part of that season he had lots of silly injuries (tonsillitis, flu...) and Novellino even preferred the hard-working (and nothing more) Zivkovic. At the end of the season he went back to Juventus for the end of the loan but there were rumours that his relation with Novellino was not so good. (surprise! :rollani: )

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
This is getting ridiculous, fair enough so Novellino wants players who are committed to Sampdoria, but he seems to fall out with a player every month nowadays! Pagano showed a lot of promise last year, he should be given another chance. I suppose it's only on loan for now, hopefully Novellino will calm down by June..

More to the point, if Pagano gets thrown out for one bad performance, why the hell do consistently bad players such as Carrozzieri always get chance after chance then?

Gasbarroni could be ok, but I always got the feeling that he was played out of position by Novellino (he's not a natural winger). We'll see, assuming he gets a chance at some point.

One last thing: with Donadel gone, we're still short of a central midfielder.. I assume we'll sign some chump later today, but I don't like the way all of this is so last minute.

·
Registered
46,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I share your doubts. As regards the midfielder we should know his name in more or less two hours. I fear that he will be an even crappier player than those mentioned till now.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
This guy needs a club who will trust in him and play him well. Maybe Samp can give him that!

Pagano back to Atalanta is also a decent move for now.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Yes, I noticed that too. What's going on? Surely Novellino must realise that he's got no cover in midfield, I can't wait to see what happens if Volpi or Palombo get injured.. The only person who must be loving it is Edusei!

Samp certainly seem keen to make European qualification as hard as possible, though I suppose it'll be all the more impressive (and lucky in terms of injuries) if we do.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
In my opinion Novellino wanted Gasbarroni because he can use him on the right,on the left but also in the middle behind the strikers,in the rule that Doni had to keep.
We lacked some fantasy in theese months,and the match with Siena with the lack of Flachi showed we need some fantasy.Gasbarroni could solve this problem,he has just to accept Novellino's way of playing.

Two years ago in B there had been a quarrel between the coach and the young player,now Novellino showed he's really a great coach,in my opinion now,in serie A,Gasba will hear Walter suggestions...

Gasbarroni is a player that can play in many rOles,Novelliino obiouvsly hope that in the middle Palombo and Volpi can play all the matches...
Let's see...

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Skogeta just to help you out it is roles not rules. Rules are like laws while roles are something you can play, which is what you want to say.

·
Registered
46,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know that a game vs a 9-men-team is not the best test but Gasba's performance today was very promising. He entered few minutes after the start of the second half and played on the left wing, made some good runs and gave some precious assists, the one to Diana for the third goal included.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
That's good to hear - the guy certainly has talent and played pretty much all the time last year when Palermo got promoted (scored 6 goals too), it'd be nice to see the player who destroyed Lecce in the first match of the 2002/3 season again!

Still concerned by Samp's small squad and lack of descent subs (esp centre mid), but things are going well at the moment so no point complaining too much.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts