Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OUT:

IN

Although I like Kostikos and he did a great job as a technical director, his coaching was not really up to the task. Plus, the performances of the team were simply horrible and a change was perhaps necessary. But Dumitrescu? He's never done anything in his career... To be fair, he never had time to show his job. He only got 6 months with AEK before Santos came in due to Demis taking over, Egaleo apparently is only functional with Chatzaras, at Akratitos he got sacked for coming to fists with "president" Psomiadis and he's been at Kalithea for only a couple of months. Nothing impressive, but he always seems to find jobs which means team do see something in him. BUT is he really up to coaching PAOK? I guess he was the only one we could afford. :rolleyes:

I'm not happpy! :thmbdown:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I don't think the reason you got him is that he is the one you can afford. I think that this was Goumenos' last hope to bring back the fans of the team in Toumpa and help the team till the end of the season. Dumitresku is not the best coach in the world but he tries a lot for the best results. Both before the match and during the match.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Is there any truth in the rumour that G4 are boycotting paok's remaing home games because of something with Goiumenos? I don't know if the Great Dumi will bring them back but I wish him well.....

....except when we're playing them of course. :)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, Gate 4 has already announced a boycott of all PAOK home games. But then, they're a bunch of idiots.

PAOK fans are becoming increasingly unloyal. One bad result and the stadium is empty. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Yeah, Gate 4 has already announced a boycott of all PAOK home games. But then, they're a bunch of idiots.

PAOK fans are becoming increasingly unloyal. One bad result and the stadium is empty. :rolleyes:

This happens all the bloody time there. G4 pumps a prez up then for some unknown or stupid reason they turn against him. Happened with Batatoudis as well as savvidis & pantelakis in the 80's. They love to brag about their "lao" but it's they who really are holding the club back IMO.

PS. I forgot to mention Voulinos. But then I'm sure you'd agree that maybe he should've stuck with Makedonikos. ;)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They had a reason to turn against Voulinos (stupid) and Batatoudis (corrupt) and even Goumenos (skint) but the way they're going about it is idiotic. If you're not going to get behind the team regardless of who's in charge, you're harming the team.

They simply want to do what Super 3 did at Aris: Run the club. But this will never happen because most PAOK fans hate them. Original failed to do that at AEK and Gate 4 will fail at PAOK. If they don't want to go to the stadium then fine, I don't want them and their stupid hooliganisms there anyway. They cost the team so much money in fines and closed door games that their presence is just not worth it.

The day all organised fan clubs shut down will be a great day for Greek football.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
They simply want to do what Super 3 did at Aris: Run the club. But this will never happen because most PAOK fans hate them. Original failed to do that at AEK and Gate 4 will fail at PAOK. If they don't want to go to the stadium then fine, I don't want them and their stupid hooliganisms there anyway. They cost the team so much money in fines and closed door games that their presence is just not worth it.

I don't think it's fair to say everyone in Gate 4 is a hooligan. As for "taking over" the club's ownership that may sound cute in theory but in practice it just can't happen unless there's about 50K or more willing to put a sizeable amount each year. It's been the "in" thing that fans should own clubs a la Barcelona (oloi meli, pare thesi, etc), but for this to happen you need such numbers to make it a success. It'd be great IMO, but Greek fans are such hasoures that make me have reservations on it unfortunately. :frownani:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Evil 37 said:
I don't think it's fair to say everyone in Gate 4 is a hooligan.
Very few are real hooligans. But they have an army of 16-18 years old who think it's soooo cool to be in Gate 4 and if they're told they begin trouble. Gate 4 completely controls whether there is going to be trouble or not. Exactly like Super 3 does at Aris and Original at AEK. It's their way of wielding power.

As for "taking over" the club's ownership that may sound cute in theory
I'm not talking about official takeover. Gate 4 would never be able to do that. I'm talking about deciding who's the coach, which player should stay and which player should go... behind the scenes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dumitrescu taking over PAOK in my mind is just another short term soloution by Goumenos, and not much thought went into his appointment, it will be intersting none the less, we'll just have to wait and see

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And just to illustrate my point. The crap that happened yesterday was a very intentional thing. The organised fun clubs wanted PAOK to get punished because they were afraid that other fans might want to go to the stadium. So they went there, burned the place down and now PAOK will have to play 4 or 5 games with closed gates, including the games with PAO and AEK. It's their way of saying "us or noone" and creating even bigger financial problems for Goumenos. It is sad that these ***** are not arrested but what is new in Greek football?

Two more things:

Briakos should be ashamed of himself. Olympiakos probably did not need to win yesterday in order to win the league, so why the **** help him in such obvious way? It's almost as it is a perversion for every referee to come to Thessaloniki for a PAOK-Olympiakos game and **** the home team over...

And he should also be ashamed for finishing the game early instead of simply abandoning it. Although it is not fair that teams are punished for the deeds of a few rotten apples, rules are rules. PAOK should have had -3 points today in addition to the punishment.

·
Registered
117 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Two more things:

Briakos should be ashamed of himself. Olympiakos probably did not need to win yesterday in order to win the league, so why the **** help him in such obvious way? It's almost as it is a perversion for every referee to come to Thessaloniki for a PAOK-Olympiakos game and **** the home team over...

And he should also be ashamed for finishing the game early instead of simply abandoning it. Although it is not fair that teams are punished for the deeds of a few rotten apples, rules are rules. PAOK should have had -3 points today in addition to the punishment.
As I said last night Briakos was terrible, but why are you that sure that he helped Olympiakos? The first goal of Paok is a foul. I understand that Briakos probably didn't see it but if he wanted to help Olympiakos he would definately whistle at that point. Try this site http://members3.boardhost.com/redwiredfans/msg/1140988412.html

The ball seems to hit Toure's hand but for reasons that I don't understand, it was said in Alpha TV that it was not a penalty. What else is your problem. Two very hard offsides to see but would probably make no difference in the game.

I agree that he shouldn't have ended the match early but the rule for the -3 points is ridiculous. Everything should be done in this way

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Panoss said:
The ball seems to hit Toure's hand but for reasons that I don't understand, it was said in Alpha TV that it was not a penalty.
Well, it was a penalty. Alpha is not very objective when it comes to that sort of thing and Olympiakos is involved. Especially with that wanker Papadimitriou there. ;)

And yes, Salpiggidis did foul Bulut.

What else is your problem. Two very hard offsides to see but would probably make no difference in the game.
Two non-offsides, and both of them could be goals. That doesn't make a difference?

And his general officiating was disgraceful. Every little call was going Olympiakos' way and all these free kicks outside the area... You might not understand it because it doesn't happen against your team, but ask fans of other teams... Briakos yesterday was the typical ref screwing your team.

(Thelo na po, oti esproxne sinexeia ton PAOK stin perioxi tou kai edine ola ta mikra faoul sto kentro yper tou Olympiakou. Enas dietitis den gamaei mia omada mono me "megala" sfirigmata alla kai me pola mikra. Kai afto to arxidi xthes ta ekane kai ta dyo).

But the ref is not the issue yesterday. With that shit going on, loosing a match is the least of my worries. And it's nothing new, really.

·
Registered
117 Posts
well, your team has had serious problems in the last 15 years, and there have been no steps forward. I remember the match against AEK when the fans protested against Voulinos and the the match against PSG. I also remember what happened against Batatoudis and now the same happens with Goumenos. The point is: who is that crazy person who will invest money for Paok when everybody sees the behavious of the fans?

In Athens we have stupid fans and hooliganism is still at its top. but at least there is an effort that things will become better. Of course our new stadium helps a lot. The worst thing that has happened to Paok was last year against Maccabi when you didn't qualify to the Champions' league. The team hasn't got any money and the fans are making sure that there will not be any in the future. And in this way, who is going to pay Salpigidis? Again he is going to be free and he will either go to Athens or abroad.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I see the people who dominate the stands. In the game against AEK when you protested against Voulinos, was it only gate 4? It was the whole stadium that entered the pitch. And generally, I am sorry to say but the mentality of people of thessaloniki doesn't help at all. They hate Athens, for political and social reasons mainly and they make it obvious in football. Then the referee doesn't give a penalty to Paok and 95% of the stadium thinks that there is a conspiracy theory against their team. Everybody then would act like last night.

Another reason that all this happens is the propaganda that fans of all teams receive from newspapers, TV and their team. But Olympiakos, Pao and Aek have some success sometimes which calms things down. Paok started awfully the season, and Kostikos was hired. He started very well, and he used some very good young players. Suddenly in Thessaloniki everybody was persuaded that you can end first or second. Of course in practice this was very different. But what is the program and project of paok in order to win the championship? It was just coincidence that your team was doing well for a certain period. This created hopes, and in the last 3-4 weeks this hopes were wiped out.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You're talking the typical bullshit of people who don't really think, and if I actually try to reply to you, we'll get in a fight and I don't want that. But for the record, if you really believe what you wrote above, you're a big, big malakas. Don't presume that the picture given to you by the media about Thessaloniki and what us here believe is an objective one. Simply put, the media use the same tired old stereotypes.

Thessaloniki has a lot of problems as a city (much like Athens), but the "hatred against Athens" or the "everybody believes that PAOK can win the championship" are not them. Wake up for god's sake.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sorry, I had no intention to get into a fight with you. If you are from thessaloniki it would be very hard for you to accept the above. As you are a psychology student, can you explain to us the mental condition and the reason that some fans shout "Athina Gamimenh o Paok den pe8ainei"? Is Athens really trying to destroy Paok or is there something else that causes it?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you are from thessaloniki it would be very hard for you to accept the above.
Oh right, of course you know best about my city, and it's me who just has a hard time "accepting them". I see. Thank you for showing me the light!

can you explain to us the mental condition and the reason that some fans shout "Athina Gamimenh o Paok den pe8ainei"? Is Athens really trying to destroy Paok or is there something else that causes it?
Yes... I could try to explain the chant. Perhaps you could try to explain the "Voulgaroi, Voulgaroi" one though? Is Thessaloniki really Bulgaria or there is something else that causes it?

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think it was firstly used 40 years ago because of a very violent game played by the players of Paok. (At least they were accused for that - I wasn't actually there :) ) nowadays it is stupidly used when the players or the fans of Paok are becoming impoassionate and sometimes violent. As I said it is stupidly used, mostly because it pisses off the fans of Paok.

I am still waiting for Athina gamhmenh o Paok den pe8ainei.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts