Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
45,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The match vs the crappiest team of serie A in the last 20 years (ever?) and we can just get 3 points or... get embarassed!
No banned players but with Falcone the list of players who risk the ban in the next match is longer, now 8!!! Unfortunately Falcone will miss the match vs Ancona again because of his problems with knees (both the right and the left, this player will hardly play longer in professional football :( ).

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Should really win, I cant see Samp not winning this, only Roma are crap enough to draw v them. Samp to win 2-0 IMO. Flachi :star:

·
Registered
45,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Arianna said:
with this match u will get our place because we'll lose against Brescia:D
and i'll go in Udine for see my guys against Baggio:rolleyes:
Really? Send my greetings to my old Caserma Cavarzerani! :howler:
(indeed, it's a bit far from the stadium :rollani: )

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
i think we ll win cause ancona is in crisis in the last ... 27 games:tongue:
anyway i will honour that 1.6 maybe with a handicap to have a better odd and i hope i wil not be betrayed:groan:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Samp lose Flachi again Friday 2 April, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Francesco Flachi has pulled out of Sunday’s trip to Ancona just seven days after making his comeback from an ankle injury.

The striker has been on stunning form throughout the season, but was ruled out for over two months with a badly sprained ankle.

His first start since suffering that setback saw two first half goals scored in the 2-2 draw with Lecce.

However, Flachi pulled up during today’s training session and limped off clutching his left leg.

An initial diagnosis suggests a calf strain, although further tests are required to ascertain the extent of the damage.

Flachi will therefore not make the trip to Ancona on Sunday, making way for Giacomo Cipriani to partner Fabio Bazzani (pictured).

The Blucerchiati are very reliant on their hitmen and Bazzani hopes he can break his goal drought this weekend.

“For a striker,” he explained, “not scoring goals could become a psychological problem, but right now I am relaxed and looking to the success of the team.”

Bazzani, who was an outsider for a place in the Euro 2004 Italy squad, has become more adept at providing assists for his strike partners.

“I am happy at just helping my teammates to hit the back of the net, although I must say that throughout my career I have always done well at Ancona’s Stadio Del Conero. I hope to find a goal for myself as well”

channel4

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
The match vs the crappiest team of serie A in the last 20 years (ever?)
i heard on the radio that if ancona doesnt win it equals the record of another team(**** ,i forgot the name) which in the season 70-71(not sure) ...managed not to win for 28matches and made its first win in the 29th match

so lets hope that history will repeat itself or at least ancona will make the record bigger:tongue:

·
Registered
45,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great team that Varese! :tongue:

Yet, I think that Ancona can do worse! :dazed: :howler:

Varese 1-11-18 ----> 13 points (14 considering 3 points for a win) in 30 matches

Also Catanzaro in 1982-83 deserve a mention :tongue:

2-9-19 -----> 13 points again (but today would be 15)

And Catania one year later worse than both :eek:

1-10-19 -----> 12 points (now would be 13)

About the leagues with 18 clubs:

Lecce in 93-94: 3-5-26 -----> 11 (now 14) points

Brescia in 94-95: 2-6-26 -----> 12 points (first championship with 3 points for the win)

Napoli in 97-98: 2-8-24 -----> 14 points

·
Registered
45,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Flachi recovered and has been convoked by Novellino, who won't risk him and leave him on the bench (if ever).
Bettarini is out because of flu, Falcone is injured. God help our defense...
Yanagisawa and Job not convoked for technical choice

Here is the list of players convoked:

Goalies: Antonioli, Turci
Defenders: Carrozzieri, Conte, Sacchetti, Sakic, Zenoni
Midfielders: Antonini, Diana, Donati, Doni, Pagano, Palombo, Pedone, Valtolina, Volpi, Zivkovic
Forwards: Bazzani, Cipriani, Flachi, Floro Flores

Probable starting lineup: Antonioli - Sacchetti, Carrozzieri, Mirko Conte, Zenoni (?) - Diana, Volpi, Palombo, Doni - Cipriani, Bazzani.

Crappiest formation of the year?

·
Registered
822 Posts
ToniSamp said:
Probable starting lineup: Antonioli - Sacchetti, Carrozzieri, Mirko Conte, Zenoni (?) - Diana, Volpi, Palombo, Doni - Cipriani, Bazzani.

Crappiest formation of the year?
Fortunately the crappiest formation of the year is up against the crappiest team of the year, so things should be okay in the end...:D

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
so we are talking about a real fight from the ancona boys to win a place in the history books.
lets all wish them
GOOD LUCK;) :tongue:

Flachi got again injured (calf) and will miss Ancona and probably Siena.
Flachi recovered and has been convoked by Novellino
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
this deserves some special mention to the medical team of samp....i thought this things happen only in juve,i thought only they got the magic filters

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Of course...Flachi is not in the bench,is looking the match from his place in the tribune.Cipriani in for him,Carrozzieri for Falcone.

Now it's the 39' minute of 2nd half,samp is winning 0-1 ,goal of Bazzani at the 19' of the 1st half.Volpi took a yellow card and in Siena he will be disqualified.

Boring first half,with samp that directed the match,Siena went out with some actions just around the 30' minute,Carrozzieri that did many errors.Diana failed an easy shot,alone.Antonioli saved many shots.

Antonioli,defence with Zenoni,Carrozzieri,Conte always injured by Novellino,tired of him,Bettarini,middlefield,with Diana,Palombo,Volpi and Doni,then Cipriani and Bazzani.

More funny the 2nd half,Ancona more aggressive,Rapajic caused many problems with his crosses.
The young Pagano for Doni,gave more movement on the left,many good actions,one of his shots finished on the wood.Shots of Cipriani,Bazzani,all out.
Floro Flores for Cipriani.

4 minutes of injury time,Novellino that asks to his players to be quiet,Donati for Volpi,tired.
Wood of Ancona,Antonioli that saves again.Shot out of Ganz...

Theese are the matches of samp..all suffered..

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
3rd win outside home for samp,with Bazzani that was keeping the ball at the corner far from Antonioli,again an action of ganz,all dangerous,another of Bucchi.

Good samp that won,but samp didn't show the quality a Uefa team should have...

We had no Flachi & Falcone,in Siena will be really difficult. 1550 supporters followed samp in Ancona,they can exult.

·
Registered
45,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Samp got 3 undeserved points after one of the dullest performances of the season. The fact that Ancona did not score is a kind of miracle, cause they had lots of opportunities (even one crossbar and one post). The goal was a shoulder shot by Bazzani. :D

Antonioli 7.5 - again a spectacular performance by our goalie. A formidable save in the first half when he grazed the ball which hit the crossbar
Zenoni 5 - the problem is that he is not a side back, simple! Rather good when he attacked (but he could watch who was ready to get the ball when he crossed!), more than crappy when he had to defend
M.Conte 6 - also the Red had a decent match, showing that vs mediocre teams he can be useful
Carrozzieri 5 - Panic! In the air the Coachbuilder has often given space to the opponents (but he can't be everywhere). What is worse is that with the feet he is such a crap! He even risked to cause an authentic "gollonzo" when he strongly kicked the ball against the opponent and the ball finished just wide near the post of his own goal
Sacchetti 6 - in my opinion the Pusher was one of the best of our defense (and that should explain everything!). Yet, horrible feet, his passing abilities are mediocre
Diana 7.5 - one of the best players of the match. Probably the man of the match. He run many kms as usual.
Volpi 6.5 - the usual important player in the middle. Booked will miss the next match at Siena
(replaced in the last minutes by Donati n.v.)
Palombo 6 - a decent performance by Angelo, always useful, hardly brilliant
Doni 5 - useless, irritating
(replaced during the 2nd half by Pagano 6.5 - the young guy has good quality and shows that he can be more useful than Doni. He also hit the crossbar with a powerful shot)
Cipriani 5.5 - a poor peformance
(replaced during the 2nd half by Floro Flores n.v. who lost almost every ball he got)
Bazzani 6 - not brilliant, but scored... and wasted another good opportunity to score

1 - 19 of 19 Posts