Xtratime Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while basking in the glory of our last night win, i came across this article.

Premier League - Ancelotti 'agrees Chelsea deal'
Carlo Ancelotti has agreed a deal with Chelsea to take over as the club's manager at the end of the season, according to reports.

Sources in Italy claim that the 52-year-old Italian, who has been in charge of Milan for over seven years, will arrive at Stamford Bridge on a three-year contract worth £5.8 million once the Serie A season finishes at the end of May.

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich had targeted Ancelotti as the man to replace Luiz Felipe Scolari when the Brazilian coach was sacked in February.

However the Italian, who has won two Champions League titles and one Serie A crown during his time at the San Siro helm, was reluctant to leave in mid-season.

That led to Chelsea employing Russia coach Guus Hiddink on a temporary basis until the end of the season.

Provided Hiddink is not given the job on a permanent basis and leaves in the summer as originally planned, whoever succeeds him will become the West London club's sixth manager in five years.

Spanish champions Real Madrid also reportedly approached Ancelotti after the departure of Bernd Schuster, but after being turned down they hired former Tottenham boss Juande Ramos, also until the end of the season.

NOW i just wonder what's going to happen next year ?? If it's true then will chelsea be called the new retirement home.

As per his Wikipedia profile he has only 1 serie 1nce in 7 years with Milan.
Your views guys.

·
Registered
332 Posts
This is utter rubbish. Not going to happen and pure distraction of the press until Roman swallows his pride and hires Jose back. The Special One is coming home.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
The Sun published an article on this. I repeat the Sun, whose main contribution to journalism is boobies on page 3. I rest my case.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Why not Ancelotti.

he is known to be a yes-man.. and allows the owner to call the shots. That fits Abramovich Fine. He will not say NO to Starting-Shevchenko all the way.

Morever, a good chance of bringing KaKa with him. Something that Citeh couldnt achieve. You know how the Rich play with the Rich. ;)

·
Premium Member
17,516 Posts
nightmare scenario, but doubt its true...

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
The only problem for Rijkaard is control the egos in the dressing room, and we have a lot, it's true. Rijkaard's Barca played an amazing football except the last year, when Ronaldinho and Deco decided to become clowns. Yes, ask a Barca fan, and they will tell you about this. I think Chelsea would play the best football with him since the arrival of Roman, if we sign the proper players.

·
Premium Member
17,516 Posts
hiddink will resign from russia after WC and come so 1 season not too long to wait..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts