Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ancelotti: 'They won't sell Crespo' (Tuttosport)
Speaking in Paris, Juve coach Carlo Ancelotti
said, 'Parma won't sell Crespo but anyway we're
keeping Inzaghi despite all the offers we've
received for him. His ambition is to score 100
goals in a black and white striped shirt.'
(Tuttosport)

Va.Gr.

I know it's from Tuttosport but in this case it makes it more reliable since they are pro-Juve and usually writes to Juve's favour. But in another little notice Crespo says that he can't promise to stay. It doesn't take a genious to get that he will leave if we lose tomorrow. But I don't think it's the end of the world. Lazio sold Vieri and still won Lo Scudetto. With the money we get from Crespo we should be able to land Rui Costa.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Juve is one big smoke screen right now. Lecce's Sesa had agreed a 5 mill.£ transfer for next season, but after Lazio pipped us to the title Juve is expected to invest heavily.
Everything comes down to the Parma-Inter game, as our main objectives are Crespo- Vieri- Cannavaro.
I have no doubts that Parma could be interested in negotiating IF You don't make CL next season.
Therefore it's very difficult to know what to expect right now.
No matter what some of You may think, Parma will never be able to compete with Juve for instance concerning wages. As long as the players believe thay can win trophees with Parma it's not that important, but to get/keep the best players You have to be in contention always.
I see Parma getting a big season next year if they can get a quality transfer campaign (Micaud is great) as well as qualifying for CL.
It's not that imperative for Inter because they are simply that much more prestigous to play for historically speaking.

You guys better make it count against Inter- otherwise You can rest assured that Moggi and Cragnotti will do their worst to rob Parma.

Ciao.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Spot on Glen and who do you think has the best connections with Parma ?? The good Cragnotti or the Evil Moggi :)

Anyway it won´t matter since Parma is gonna run havoc on Inter tomorrow beating them 2 - 1 :) which will leave Lazio without Salas and Almeyda but with Vieri.

The other option and the one I really prefer is that Parma wins but they still decide that Crespo needs to play for Lazio next season because Tanzi won´t wanna see Cragnotti make a big idiot out of himself and buy overpricedeasytobreak Vieri.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
What can I say now? get lost both of you! havent you heard of the saying that sais "you dont talk about ropes in a hanged's house"! :)

Seriusly now,I'm sure Crespo will go to Juve (not Lazio) if we loose the play-off.Buffon will also leave for Lazio.But Cannavaro is going nowhere.

But we'll win the play-off.

See Glen,if that Cannavaro goal had counted we would be in CL now and wouldnt have to worry about Crags and Agnelis.CORRUPTION as always damaged us... :(

JUVE DI MERDA!

------------------
Any given Sunday,you either win or loose.That's FOOTBALL...

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Let's talk about our 'stars' futures after tommorow evening, when the match is won 3-1 by Parma :)

[This message has been edited by Willem Sterk (edited 22-05-2000).]

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To Svennis and Glen!

Get the h*ll out of here. I hope Parma one day can piss on you both! It's not nice to talk about Parma like that in our own forum.

Actually the two teams I hate the most is Juventus and Lazio. I don't care what you say about Milan Svennis. I still think they have more morale than Lazio. Your are practically ruining our team! If Cragnotti really considered Tanzi his friend he wouldn't go behind his back and tempt our stars to sign for Lazio. A real backstabber!

Hopefully Parma win tomorrow and that all of our players stay, we sign Farinos and Rui Costa and that we will CRUSH Lazio and Juve next season!!

Well, what can I say? I have a weak spot for Parma... :) Before I couldn't understand how Roma and Lazio could live off a derby win for ages but now I can. When the hate gets strong enough there's nothing more satisfying than to win against your enemy. And believe me, if Lazio signs Crespo and Buffon I will hate Lazio as long as I live. The same goes for Juve if they sign Cannavaro and Crespo.

Of course I realize that I come across like a complete moron here and that I lack in the social skills department and all but to me Parma is all that matters. At least here... :)

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Sorry folks; I didn't mean to be rude about this hole transfer charade, but if You were in my shoes and saw the opportunity of getting Crespo... I suppose You would feel the same.

Honestly Inter is the arch enemy and apart from Juve winning nothing gives me greater pleasure than seing them underachieve.
For obvious reasons as stated above I'll simply have to root for them tomorrow. If Parma prevails we'll certainly go for Vieri, but Juve won't splash as silly an ammount for him as Lazio, so that seems complicated. If I could rely on an injury free Vieri I would pick him over Crespo, but as that is not the case, Crespo seems the preferable player. He is also more loyal than Vieri and his good relations with Ancelotti gives us the edge over Lazio in those dealings I think.
Concerning Cannavaro I agree with You Amo that he's a long shot, but You can be absolutely certain that the possibility will be explored. If he and Parma rejects there are other options like Djetou for instance, and I just want You to know that I believe You've grossly underestimated him in the separate topic at this forum. I don't know if You get to see Monaco once in a while, but in my honest opinion he's one of the most complete central defenders around. He is the kind of sweeper Beckenbauer was and he can contribute to offence just as well as he's incredibly reliable in defence. Just look out for France's Euro campaign. I expect him to make a very strong impact. Actually it's only the fact that Fabio is Italian that makes him more desireable in my book (Cannavaro is a better marker, but overall Djetou is more complete).

Anyway; We'll be much the wiser after tomorrows game- good luck to You guys- I'll be with my new girlfriend tomorrow so I honestly don't believe I'll get to see the game.
You know how it is I think- they musn't know how football-mad You are before it's too late :).

NB: VERDI; Calm down mate :). I never ment to downsize Parma- actually I have alot of respect for Your team, but this IS transfer season You know...
I've grown accustumed to You not liking Juve which is OK, but cut me some slack concerning transfers. If You read what I wrote I predicted a rosy future for Param IF You win tomorrow. Otherwise there'll possibly be a turmoil, but You would propably predict that Yourself as well wouldn't You ?

Ciao.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Djetou is a goat.He is strong but cant control his strength or the ball as a amtter of fact.He cant pass and he is not concentrated and motivated enough.I would take his defencie partner Cristanval over him any day.I've seen Monaco play several times this season and while I as generally impressed by several members of the team (Cristanval,Giully,Marquez,Sagnol) I hardly see any brilliance at Djetou.He is ok but nothing special and not even close to Cannavaro as you suggest (lets be serius!) I'm 90% sure that Djetou will rpove to be a N'Gotty or an Oliseh.Besides,he is far from being complete.In fact the onjly complete defender I know right now is Thuram (Hierro used to be) and Thurams in the making I can call only two,Lassissi and Rio Ferdinand.Nesta,Cannavaro,Ferrara,Djetou,Tuder are of course brilliant defenders but they are ahrdly close to being as complete as Thuram.That in my opinion places them one level under Lilian.Does anyone have any doubts on whether Lilian would make an exelent defencive midfielder? or a very good wing back? Not me...

------------------

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Wow- that's one hard judgement!

I guess posterity will tell, and here at the Parma forum at least I won't insult You AMO :). But honestly.... When You say THAT guy can't pass I actually get dizzy... when You say he can't control the ball... my mouth drops to my knees.
Cristanval is the future ace of French defending, and I would SO like to get my hands on him as well, but Your outright criticism of a player as sought after as Djetou is quite strange to me I gotta admit.
They ought to know the truth at Monaco and Djetou is currently valued at 10mill£ (a price Juve wasn't prepared to pay last season). Cristanval on the other hand is alledgedly around 8 mill.£.

Something tells me it's a reaction to me saying that I'd prefer Djetou over Cannavaro?
I would prefer him with Juve because Djetou helps the attack more, and defensively speaking our guys are more than capable (Montero makes sure of that). Sadly they're not able to pressure forward when we need it, and that's why I want the more versatile Djetou.
As I said- posterity will tell.

For the record (just watched "The Practise" :)), You ought to know Thuram get's the number 1 spot in my book as well. I've marvelled about him for as long as I can remember, and I can't believe that he was not among the first 18 picked by Roger Le'Merre for Euro 2000. He wanted "to get another look" (??? :() - while Desailly and "The knife" was automatically selected.
Isn't that the joke of the season ?

Ciao.

P

·
0 Posts
I agree with Verdi. Cragnotti is really a BACKSTEBBER! Although I don't apprepriciate Crespo, he is part of our team. I don't like what Cragnotti did---trying to steal our players whenever he plays well.

Go to HXXL! Cragnotti!

------------------
COOL MOVE!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Glen,this has nothing to do with Cannavaro.Seriusly.

There are some players that I consider average while everyone else said that they are brilliant.Namely:Sergio Conseisao,Albertini and Djetou.A price tag doesnt mean anything cause Juve is ready to pay £11 for Jonathan Woodgate of Leeds who is crappy.And I'm sure Milan payed as much for N'Gotty and you guys for Oliseh.I told you waht I think of Djetou because i've seen him play several times.

Anyway,time will tell.We'll see who is right,ok? (of course if Parma gets him I hope to eat my words :))

By the way,Djetou wont be in the Euro as Lemerre dropped him yesterday.I may dont rate him high but anyone is better than Frank Leboeuf,he should be there! and Cristanval as well...

Do you watch french football Glen?

------------------

·
Registered
859 Posts
Are you out of your mind amo?
How can you say that Leboeuf shouldn´t be in the squad? He is better than both Blanc and Desailly and should definitly be a starter.

I would love to see him in Parma by the way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts