Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ancelotti takes on Trap Tuesday 10 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A club versus country row is about to erupt after comments made by Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti.

The tactician today insisted that he would do everything in his power to deny Italy a number of his players in the February 18 friendly against the Czech Republic.

"We¡¯ll do what we can to stop our players from being called up," he said at Milanello this afternoon.

"When you consider that we have got the Milan derby on the Saturday after and then the Champions¡¯ League, the fewer players we lose the better. If I was Trap I would be aware of this."

Ancelotti¡¯s stance may cause some real problems for Giovanni Trapattoni with the 2004 European Championships on the horizon.

In fact, there were reports yesterday which suggested that the tactician would ignore any players for the Finals who pulled out of pre-tournament friendlies.

"This is not an attack on Trapattoni," continued Ancelotti. "It is also relevant to other countries.

"There are some players here that could easily feature for their national sides but others who could do without an international game."

When asked which of his players he would ¡®allow¡¯ to join up with the Azzurri, he responded with Pippo Inzaghi.

"A game for Italy could be of use to him after his recent injury problems but there are others who could suffer if selected," he explained.

The former Milan and Roma midfielder also dismissed claims that he may one day Coach Inter or Lazio. "I could never join those clubs because of my past," he concluded.

channel4

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
and then backs down within the hour

COWARD! ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts