Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: Football Italia

Carlo Ancelotti and his players are beaming after a confident demolition of Shakhtar, but refuse to take the second round draw for granted.

“We took a long time to get through because Shakhtar held possession well in midfield and we weren’t pressuring them enough,” explained the Coach after a stuttering first half.

“Once we increased that squeeze on them and the goal arrived, the team relaxed and performed brilliantly with pace.”

Milan were under increasing pressure soon after the restart, but Hernan Crespo and Kaka struck twice each for the final 4-0 scoreline despite an injury crisis.

“Everyone gave a fine contribution to this result, especially Crespo and Manuel Rui Costa, so I have a large group of players who can raise the team above the rest.”

Kaka was particularly impressive and bagged a brace to silence those critics who claimed he was a shadow of his former self.

“Those who expect Kaka to do as well as last season are ignoring the hard work he has done so far,” insisted Ancelotti. “We hope these two goals will help quieten a few of those critics.”

The tactician’s faith in former Chelsea man Crespo has also been confirmed with his third goal in two competitive games after he finally broke his duck in the Coppa Italia this week.

“I hope I was right when I said once Crespo starts scoring, he doesn’t stop. Taking that weight off his shoulders will help him find form quickly and you can clearly see his confidence is boosted by the way he moves.”

Milan will be in the unusual position of supporting Inter on Sunday night when they face Serie A leaders Juventus.

“Inter are our cousins and every now and then we must cheer them on!” smiled the Coach. “That is an important game for Milan, but above all for the Nerazzurri and they need to get that victory.”

Kaka also commented on those newspaper and media critics who said he had lost his golden touch this year.

“I am a Trequartista and like to play in a deep role where I can help others to score. If I hit the target then it’s a bonus, but it really isn’t my job to be a hitman. I know I am playing well and the club has faith in me, so I have never been concerned at my poor scoring rate this season.”

The Rossoneri’s first half performance did not raise hopes of a 4-0 rout, but Kaka insists football is more complicated than that.

“In all games you need patience for 90 minutes and today we proved that by scoring four goals after a difficult first half.”

Milan and Barcelona are now through to the knockout round, but Vice-President Adriano Galliani isn’t getting too excited about topping the Group after the Spaniards’ shock home draw with Celtic.

“Considering last season I jumped for joy when I saw we’d drawn Deportivo and the lower half of the table, I will keep incredibly quiet about the draw this time!”

A 4-0 defeat in La Coruna saw the Rossoneri crash out of the competition after a 4-1 victory at the San Siro.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
I love the critics it gives us extra motivation,i love the people who write players like Kaka off so quick because it really makes me laugh to know that they know jack about the game.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
1 win does not silence anything

·
Registered
345 Posts
Lav said:
1 win does not silence anything
But other wins that will come will surely do.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts