Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ancelotti: Never again, Juve Saturday 4 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carlo Ancelotti has added spice to the Scudetto chase by admitting he’d never return to Juventus, while preparing to face another old club, Parma.

“Of course it’s a shame I left Turin without winning any trophies, but there is absolutely no chance of a comeback. You should never return to the scene of a crime,” he joked.

Ancelotti was dubbed a ‘loser’ after twice finishing runner-up to the Scudetto with the Bianconeri, but in the last two years at Milan he has won the Champions’ League, Serie A title and Coppa Italia. His next challenge is to close the four-point gap to the leaders and to do that he must beat another of his former teams – Parma.

“We will try to play good football and give ourselves a sense of consistency after this fine run of results,” he said ahead of today’s trip to the Tardini.

“The whole squad is on good form, both physically and psychologically, and that will allow us to be ready for the upcoming top of the table clash with Juventus.”

The Rossoneri are boosted by the return of Andriy Shevchenko and Jon Dahl Tomasson, while former Parma hero Hernan Crespo is unstoppable at the moment with four goals in three games.

“If Sheva wins the European Player of the Year award, then it will be for the consistency with which he found the net throughout 2004. He has always done well with both Milan and the Ukraine national side, excelling in every competition.”

There are reports that Alberto Gilardino will be swapping his Parma shirt for a Milan one permanently in January and Ancelotti again praised the Italian international.

“Gilardino is the complete striker who is very capable in the box and can also hold up the ball for his teammates. He is an old-fashioned hit-man.”

However, the San Siro boss is not looking at today’s game as a turning point in the Serie A Championship.

“I don’t think the title race is over yet,” he assured. “I believe the real battle for both the Scudetto and Champions’ League begins in March. Fabio Capello and his players are accustomed to working under pressure and I doubt they’ll slip up before then.”

channel4

·
Registered
17,532 Posts
This may be news to you Lotti, but nobody wants you back here.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
I understand Lotti. He got a lot of undeserved critisism from the fans and the media when he was with us.

I've always like Lotti, he is a great person that never talkes any shit and always repects his opponents. He has said good things about Juve since moving to Milan, the last thing was the trial with Agricola. Unlike the likes of Macini, and our own Capello he concentrates on his team and don't give f**k what everybody else does.

I agree with Nero though. He would always feel a pressure bigger then normal to win if he came back, so I don't wan't him back either.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
As for me, I was happy to see his resignation. With Ancelotti we won nothing during the period of more than two years, and we perfomed SHAMEFULLY in Europe. Did you forget all that 4-0 to Celta, 1-3 to Hamburg etc?...
I think it would be more correct to write "Juve would never want Ancelotti back".

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
I respect and profoundly like Carlo. I don't think he'd badmouth anyone! Humanist coach, if there is one. We had some brilliant moments under him, like the demolition of Milan, and I can't help thinking he just took charge at the wrong time, just like we sometimes meet someone at the wrong time while it maybe would've clicked in other circumstances. In any case, he's a great coach and his 'failure' to win us anything is all relative considering the troubled times and the kind of performance other teams put up. It just came down to bad luck. I was angry with the board when he was replaced and very much ashamed of one section of ultras who really made it hard for him with scandalous striscioni.

·
Registered
819 Posts
In the middle...

I feel that Lotti was a decent coach, suffering in difficult circumstances. However, I've always felt that Capello is a BRILLIANT coach :star: and I hope that Lotti retires before Capello is done at Juve! :howler:

Seriously, I hope Lippi does a great job with the NT, so that we can keep Capello in Torino for four years.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I would love Lippi to win stuff for Italy. If he doesn't I want Capello or God knows who else to win something for Italy, because seriously we need it. Tired of Brazil.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
The title of the article really overstates what Ancelotti said. I essense I think he meant that he is not right for Juve and Juve is not right for him, a statement most people, I think, would agree with.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Nero said:
This may be news to you Lotti, but nobody wants you back here.
Yeah but you surely wouldn't mind that CL Trophy wouldn't you? :howler:
So much for a so called loser.I doubt also Carlo wouldv'e said that he wont want to return to Juve as he has never really stated any animosity towards the club.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I feel Ancelotti is a weak coach when compared to his peers at the other large clubs in the world. He lacks balls and his tactical game is not up to the level of others. Like Juve would ever offer him a job anyways!

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i think his time at juve helped him to develop into a better coach. at juve he seemd a little soft and didnt know how to utilise the players well. he also played defence for a coach who had some great players, ie. zidane.

i wouldnt want him back, but if he joined again, i think we should be happy as the club could do much worse.

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
polaris said:
I feel Ancelotti is a weak coach when compared to his peers at the other large clubs in the world. He lacks balls and his tactical game is not up to the level of others. Like Juve would ever offer him a job anyways!
I was skeptical of Ancelotti's appointment as Milan's coach initially, especially for someone branded with that loser tag, but I have no complaints now after 5 trophies in 2 and a half years. Forza Carletto!

As for the lack of balls, well Ancelotti has ever played with 4 forwards in a Champion's League 1/4 final game against Ajax. With the score tied at 2-2 in the San Siro (a result which would have sent Ajax to the 1/2 finals), Carletto gambled with a frontline of Sheva, Inzaghi, Tomasson and Rivaldo :eekani: . Tomasson scored an injury-time winner and the rest is history. :shades: :stuckup: :devil:

Capello will make Juve a dominant force in Serie A :thmbup: , but he will suck at the biggest stage of all (Capello's record of continental titles with Milan is 2 out of 6), a trend Juve will find a tad familiar with. ;)

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
Why make unecessary comments on an insignificant past? That's a chapter closed, there's no reason to reopen it. Obviously hes still pissed off at his 'formal dismissal'. I will never forget the tear in his eye when Tacchi scored that screamer in the Delle Alpi vs. Atalanta :frownani: it was an emotional time back then, but that's waaaaaay over now. If he wanted revenge, then he surely got it in the 2003 CL final. Why pour MORE salt on an open wound? :mad:

Nero, I couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks for the memories...but we'd DEFINITELY not want you back :D

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
Ancelotti is such a terrible coach I have no idea what he's doing in Serie A. I wouldn't use him in the Israeli league. His recent success with Milan has nothing to do with him as a manager, anyone can see that. He adds nothing to the team.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
EG that was unnecesarry. Ancelotti although some don't like his coaching abilities is a great gentleman. He doesn't deserve such comments.

Really this is going overboard. No team in the world wins a league title, and a CL title with a bad coach. I don't care if you've got the best players of all time, you just don't.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
man milan won it with pure luck,, they didn't even won thier last 3 games in the CL :wallbang: (inter 0-0,1-1 then juve final 0-0)

and then see what did juve do this year

beat up depor, then barca then thrashing madrid ...

undeserved cl for milan imo and if nedved didn't do tht stupid foul on macmanaman he could have easily sealed our 3rd trohpy.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Egyptian_Juventino said:
man milan won it with pure luck,, they didn't even won thier last 3 games in the CL :wallbang: (inter 0-0,1-1 then juve final 0-0)

and then see what did juve do this year

beat up depor, then barca then thrashing madrid ...

undeserved cl for milan imo and if nedved didn't do tht stupid foul on macmanaman he could have easily sealed our 3rd trohpy.
Luck is a key factor in any succesful campaign, and we too had our fair share on our road to the final -- against the 3 aforementioned Spanish teams among others. Milan arguably didn't put up stellar performances against Ajax and Inter but suggesting that they didn't deserve that Champions League title is utter nonsense. You could argue that we deserved it more, but at the end of the day their temporary loss of form didn't prejudice them and they had the better timing! Ifs don't take us anywhere.

Ancelotti has balls, he makes mistakes but he usually learns from them, he has a great knowledge of the game and he has flair!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts