Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ancelotti: I could be Italy Coach Wednesday 31 December, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Marcello Lippi and Fabio Capello ruled themselves out of the race, Carlo Ancelotti has hinted at an Azzurri future.

¡§I would be the ideal replacement for Giovanni Trapattoni at the helm of the Italy squad,¡¨ insisted the Coach in an interview with the ¡¥Corriere della Sera¡¦ newspaper.

¡§I have all the right qualifications and a similar tactical outlook,¡¨ he added, ¡§but I have no intention of leaving Milan.¡¨

Ancelotti was considered the nearly man of Italian football after a series of second place finishes with Juventus and Parma.

However, in 2003 he put his name in the history books by guiding the Rossoneri to the Double of the Champions¡¦ League and Coppa Italia.

There is the very distinct possibility that he will end his relationship with Milan at the end of this season following a disappointing Intercontinental Cup defeat to Boca Juniors and their tricky start to the Champions¡¦ League.

The press in the peninsula is now seeking the man who will replace Trapattoni following his announcement that he would leave the Italy post after Euro 2004.

With Capello and Lippi, the two most successful club Coaches in the country, ruling themselves out the options are limited.

Under-21 boss Claudio Gentile did not seem particularly keen on the step up, while Gianluca Vialli has never even Coached a club side in Italy.

channel4

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
It'd be a fine move for all parts involved I think.

But I didn't know that Carletto had such self-confidence... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Just because we lost the Intercontinental Cup and had some difficult moments in the CL why would he want to resign?Or even be fired.We're currently going strong 2nd in the league with a game in hand and into the next phase of the CL.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Great...now he is gonna Ruined the NT....Someone should stop him...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts