Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has heaped the pressure back on coach Carlo Ancelotti after the Italian side lost their Uefa Cup semi-final first leg 4-0 to Dortmund.

Galliani warned Ancelotti that he may be facing the sack if he does not qualify for the Champions' League with a fourth spot finish.

"We must to look to the future and wait until May 5. We must see if the team can manage to get that fourth place. If that does not happen, we'll have to make some more decisions to choose how to go ahead to ensure the best future for the club."

Galliani was speaking one day after seeing Brazilian forward Marcio Amoroso score a first-half hat-trick which all but extinguished the San Siro side's hopes of a final at De Kuip against city rivals Internazionale.

"It's difficult saying anything after a 4-0 defeat and it's right to say it was the worst Milan defeat in the Berlusconi era," Galliani said.

"All the cycles have to end and change. But at least Milan reached the Uefa Cup and Coppa Italia semi-finals. We are also in the challenge to get the fourth place in the league.

"We are not the worst team in Italian football. I think that everybody has the right to criticise us, but there is no need to exaggerate."

Last month, Ancelotti received a vote of confidence from the club's board following a 2-0 defeat at Bologna.

"Everybody is guilty, but I want to confirm that Carlo Ancelotti will be manager of Milan next season," said Galliani. "This morning I had a meeting with the technical and medical staff and with all directors: we decided that the best way to move out from this crisis is to stay together."

And Galliani was bullish about Milan's chances next season, insisting that this season's woes are the result of a string of injuries.

Ancelotti took over from Fatih Terim in November, but has endured a difficult start to his San Siro coaching career. Milan lie sixth in Serie A, 15 points off the top, and five points behind Bologna, who occupy the fourth and last Champions' League place.

Ancelotti won virtually everything there is to win in a glittering playing career with Roma and Milan, but the 42-year-old has struggled to produce the same success as a coach with Parma and Juventus.

At the Stadio delle Alpi, his time was characterised by having defeat snatched from the jaws of victory. His team lost the Scudetto to Lazio in the final game of the 2000 season and blew a 2-0 goal lead to Manchester United in the 1999 Champions' League semi-final.

When Juve ended as runners-up for the second consecutive year last season, the Turin club decided that Ancelotti should go, replacing him with Marcelo Lippi.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Rijkaard said:
Galliani warned Ancelotti that he may be facing the sack if he does not qualify for the Champions' League with a fourth spot finish.

"It's difficult saying anything after a 4-0 defeat and it's right to say it was the worst Milan defeat in the Berlusconi era," Galliani said.

"All the cycles have to end and change. But at least Milan reached the Uefa Cup and Coppa Italia semi-finals. We are also in the challenge to get the fourth place in the league.

"We are not the worst team in Italian football. I think that everybody has the right to criticise us, but there is no need to exaggerate."

"Everybody is guilty, but I want to confirm that Carlo Ancelotti will be manager of Milan next season," said Galliani. "This morning I had a meeting with the technical and medical staff and with all directors: we decided that the best way to move out from this crisis is to stay together."

And Galliani was bullish about Milan's chances next season, insisting that this season's woes are the result of a string of injuries.

When Juve ended as runners-up for the second consecutive year last season, the Turin club decided that Ancelotti should go, replacing him with Marcelo Lippi.
I just cut out some parts to give some comments:

Finally, Galliani says something like that, but later on he says: "Carlo Ancelotti will be manager of Milan next season". Who is he trying to kid? "We must stick together". Yeah right. And next season we will be relegated. This is getting ridiculous. I am sure Terim must be smiling at home. This will only get worse.

To say that this is the worst defeat in Berlusconi era is by no means an exaggeration. It is true that Milan can no longer compete against the big clubs. The occassional results aside, we are a spent force. The excuse that we reached the S-Finals of Uefa Cup and Coppa is rubbish. The players we have can bring us success, but no thanks to some of them and the coach, we only did so much this season. What is S-Final of Uefa Cup and Coppa? Nothing. Even Liverpool set higher standards than that now. If Galliani is happy with the S-Final of Uefa Cup and Coppa, then I suggest we take part in some regional competitions instead because when we win those 'minor' competitions, we have something to cheer for.

The fact that Juventus let Carlo go is because they know that he cannot bring back the Scudetto for them. And no thanks to that, now that we have the Fabulous Carlo, we are losing 0-4 to Dortmund.

As usual, Galliani is bullish about next season. Who isn't? As long as Carlo is with us, we will not win anything. Unless something drastic happens.

paw:(

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Re: Re: Ancelotti future back in the balance

paw said:

As usual, Galliani is bullish about next season. Who isn't? As long as Carlo is with us, we will not win anything. Unless something drastic happens.

Paw, I have sadly had these feelings since the day Ancelotti took over, and finally others feel the same way. You know I am an optimistic person, however to have our mangement first of all make a poor decision to change coaches before there was a need, and then to have that management stubbornly insist they are sticking with Ancelotti, it gets very difficult to to maintain the mindset that things can and will improve.

Something else that needs to be addressed before another season begins is our training methods, etc. Do you guys know we hired the physical trainer who had been at Inter last season? Remember Inter's players and their ailments last season? Hello, but I'm putting 2+2 together...

·
Banned
302 Posts
well this is just too much for us. what does the management want to do. i really have no idea. are they trying to compete with teams like genoa, bolognia, torino, napoli and all those past good teams on which suck the most right now??? i am really puzzled. and yeah i have never seen so many first team players get injured in the same team. this is total bull****. no one can take this. we have sheva. inzaghi, maldini, ambro, redondo, rui. **** thats a lot. and the thing you mentioned debs about that inter dude that works for us now. so obvioius. remember vieri, ronaldo getting ****ed for 2 years, and now we get him because of his wonderful job. come on. we are getting worse by the moment. there is no spirit in me left to be optimistic. its just impossible. like i said in the thread i wrote. i hope we lose. this winning ****ty games (which we don't anymoew) doesn't cut out in europe. i have no idea what to do. and i guess the management is also ****ed up too:mad:

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
LOL, Wow you guys got our old physical trainer? man he must have a fantastic wife, or a gorgeous daugther, but How could a top class club like Milan hire this guy?

I mean I bet he made a joke about moratti and Blame Moratti for the injuries, while everyone was laughing making fun of inter he got hired :D

That bastard is the luckiest one to still be around professional football

1 - 5 of 5 Posts