Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
25.12 || webmaster || $source

Source: Football Italia

Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti says he has no intention of leaving the champions for Real Madrid.

The tactician has been linked with a switch after Arrigo Sacchi was appointed as Real’s technical director earlier this week.

But the former Parma and Juventus boss insists that he’s fully committed to a future at the San Siro.

"I’ve read the stories over the last few days but I would like to tell the fans that I am only thinking of Milan," he told the club’s website.

"Milan are the only thing in my mind. They are the best club in the world and the same applies to the squad that I have at my disposal.

"Not even Real Madrid, an outfit with a great tradition, can upset the feeling between myself, the club, the players and the supporters."

Real are expected to hire a new Coach for the start of the 2005-06 campaign and numerous Italians have been linked.

Apart from Ancelotti, the Spanish giants have also been associated with Alberto Zaccheroni and even Cesare Prandelli.

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Dil dil said:
"Not even Real Madrid, an outfit with a great tradition, can upset the feeling between myself, the club, the players and the supporters."
I like this part :smileani:

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
I do remember that brilliant goal Carlo scored vs Real when we demolished them in 1988 with 5-0 :thmbup:

·
Registered
625 Posts
nasty nick said:
I do remember that brilliant goal Carlo scored vs Real when we demolished them in 1988 with 5-0 :thmbup:
Indeed a wonderful goal!

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
It was never a question to start with,Milan is Carlo's 2nd family and they love each other to bits.

·
Registered
590 Posts
nasty nick said:
Carlo played this match?? :eekani: I saw this game when I was a child, but I don't remember which players played that!!

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Smoje said:
Carlo played this match?? :eekani: I saw this game when I was a child, but I don't remember which players played that!!

He scored the opening goal :cool: :proud: :cool:

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Smoje said:
The team that night, with squad numbers included ;)

1. G. Galli
2. M. Tassotti
3. P. Maldini
4. A. Colombo
5. A. Costacurta
6. F. Baresi
7. R. Donadoni
8. F. Rijkaard
9. M. van Basten
10. R. Gullit
11. C. Ancelotti

Scorers:
15' - Ancelotti
25' - Rijkaard
45' - Gullit
49' - van Basten
59' - Donadoni

:proud: :star: :proud:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Ancelotti: What a year! Tuesday 28 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti is proud of what his Milan side have managed to achieve in 2004.

"It has been a year to remember," the tactician told the ‘Gazzetta dello Sport’ newspaper.

"One date in particular was key when we beat Roma at the Stadio Olimpico. That victory on January 6 was fundamental for our Scudetto success.

"But there were other impressive performances by my side over the last 12 months.

"We came from 2-0 down to beat Inter 3-2 in February, then we won in Turin against Juventus.

"We defeated Empoli which was key after our heavy loss at Deportivo, before collecting a win against Roma to make sure of the title."

Although Ancelotti is keen to highlight the importance of all of his players, he’s reserved special praise for Kaka and Andriy Shevchenko.

"The Brazilian’s arrival gave the whole side a lift," added the former Juventus boss. "He’s a great guy but also a player who has unique ability.

"Sheva has been consistently good at scoring goals even if I would have given the Golden Ball to all of my players."

So what will 2005 hold for the champions? "We can enjoy another wonderful year even if it will depend on our form in March and April," he added.

"Our objective is to keep winning and try to become the best team in the world."

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Ancelotti wants more from 2005 Friday 31 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The year has seen Milan take the Scudetto and top their Champions’ League qualifying group, but Carlo Ancelotti is not satisfied.

“We must always work with the credo that we can do better,” warned the Coach in his final press conference of 2004. “It’s difficult to improve upon this side, but we have to try and with that effort it’s very likely we will.”

The tactician was considered to be a ‘loser’ up until 2003, but in the last 18 months he has lifted the Champions’ League, Scudetto, European Supercup, Italian Supercup and Coppa Italia.

“It has been a very positive year for this club and we aim to do even better in 2005. My happiest memory of the last 12 months has been winning the Serie A title, while the worst was our defeat in La Coruna.”

The Rossoneri were leading 4-1 from the first leg of that Euro tie, only to succumb 4-0 to Deportivo and crash out of the competition.

Milan are back in the running for the Champions’ League and Scudetto, even if they are still four points adrift of leaders Juventus.

“I think the Winter break has come at the right time for Juve as they were flagging a little,” said the former Bianconeri boss. “However, the essential quality of the two squads are identical.”

2004 will also go down as a sad date in the Milan calendar, as President Silvio Berlusconi resigned this week due to the new laws on conflict of interests.

“I am sorry that Berlusconi has left the Presidency, especially as I knew how much he cared about this role. He will always stay close to this club and I think that someone in his family will take over, although for the moment we don’t know who that will be.”

It’s reported the ‘goodbye’ could be nothing more than a temporary gesture, as Italian Prime Minister Berlusconi revealed plans to introduce a new law allowing him to take nominal charge of the football club as well as keeping his political career on track.

channel4

1 - 11 of 11 Posts