·
International
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Date: 07/02/2004
Time: 16:00 (GMT)
Venue: Rades

Preview:

French coaches Roger Lemerre and Guy Stephan come face to face as Senegal take on host nation Tunisia for a place in the semi-finals.

For Lemerre, there is a forboding sense of deja-vu as he faces the nation that toppled his French team at the opening game of the 2002 World Cup finals in Korea.

But Stephan, his assistant during his reign over World Cup winners France, insists that has no bearing on this crucial African Cup of Nations encounter.

"This will be a match between Senegal and Tunisia, it is not a match between Roger Lemerre and Guy Stephan and I will find it a great pleasure to see him," said the Senegal coach.

Stephan will look to El Hadji Diouf to spark his team into life against the host nation in the 60,000-stadium Rades Stadium.

The Liverpool striker has struggled to find his form, as have Senegal as a side, but Stephan is confident his time has come.

"El Hadji Diouf is a great player who needs a big stage like the match against Tunisia to show what he can do on a football field," Stephan said.

The hosts will be hoping Brazilian-born striker Francileudo dos Santos can add to his tally of three goals at the tournament.

Playmaker Slim Benachour, who missed the game against DR Congo but made a goalscoring return against Guinea, is also key to Tunisia's hopes

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/3465673.stm

My Prediction: Tunisia 2 Senegal 1 (Extra Time)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Should be a great game.

Think home advantage would be too much for an out-of-form Senegal side.

Tunisia to win it 1 - 0.

·
Registered
58,011 Posts
Senegal will win..I'm sure. :stuckup:

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
I put my money on Tunisia with the home advantage. I suggest someone like Diouf will be sent off for a "kick" on let's say Mnari? :rolleyes:

Come on Senegal! :fero:

·
International
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Starting Lineups:

Tunisia: 1-Ali Boumnijel, 2-Khaled Badra, 3-Karim Hagui, 15-Radhi Jaidi, 19-Anis Ayari; 8-Mehdi Nafti, 12-Jaohar Mnari, 13-Riadh Bouazizi, 18-Slim Benachour; 5-Ziad Jaziri, 11-Francileudo dos Santos

Senegal: 1-Tony Sylva; 21-Habib Beye, 3-Ibrahima Faye, 4-Pape Malick Diop, 13-Lamine Diatta; 6-Aliou Cisse, 15-Salif Diao, 19-Pape Bouba Diop 7-Henri Camara; 10-Lamine Sakho, 11-El Hadji Diouf

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
This is getting ridiculous. It's becoming difficult to follow. very bad visibility. I'm gonna go have something to eat, and come back. Hopefully by then things improve.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Was that fog or mist that interrupted the visibility? Anyway, congrats to Tunisia! I think they slightly deserved to win this tough game. Senegal were dissapointing throughout in this tournament. I expected a little more from them. El Dive's performance summed up his ACN. This guy is a very overrated striker!! How did he end up winning two African footballer of the year awards??? I've never liked his antics. :yuck:

Anyway, Tunisia has set up an interesting Semi final against either Nigeria or Cameroun. It will be fireworks in RAdes next week!!

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Disgraceful scenes by the Senegalese?? :confused:

I got disgusted by the behaviour of the Tunisians as well (again). During the whole game they were very unsportive. Also, the referee favoured them and what is even more ridiculous, the ball boys don't give balls to the opposite goalie! :yuck:

Anyway, I hope they will be kicked out in the next round actually. Hopefully by Nigeria.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts