·
International
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Date: 01/02/2004
Time: 13:00 GMT
Venue: Rades

Preview:

Tunisia coach Roger Lemerre wants his players to continue their good Cup of Nations form against Guinea despite his side having qualified for the last eight.

"We want to keep this run going, to keep the players' confidence up," said Lemerre.

Forward Mohamed Jedidi will be out for the rest of the tournament with a badly twisted ankle, but Brazilian-born defender Clayton will be fit for training within the next week.

Paris St Germain midfielder Slim Benachour, suspended for the win over Congo after being red carded against Rwanda, may return to the starting line-up.

Guinea need only a draw to qualify from Group A.

Coach Michel Dussuyer realises his team gave away a perfect opportunity to secure their last-eight berth when they allowed Rwanda to equalise with just seconds remaining, on Wednesday.

"It is very disappointing," said Dussuyer.

"We almost had qualification for the quarter-finals sewn up but now we must forget this very quickly and prepare Tunisia."

Guinea are set to name an unchanged team with former Liverpool and West Ham striker Titi Camara, leading the attack.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/3447801.stm

My Prediction: Tunisia 2 Guinea 0

·
International
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1st half lineups:

Tunisia: 22-Khaled Azaiez; 15-Radhi Jaidi, 21-Karim Saidi, 4-Alaeddine Yahia, 6-Hatem Trabelsi; 13-Riadh Bouazizi, 14-Adel Chedli, 7-Imed Mhadhebi, 18-Slim Benachour; 5-Ziad Jaziri, 11-Francileudo dos Santos

Guinea: 16-Kemoko Camara; 13-Ibrahim Sory Conte, 5-Dianbodo Balde, 8-Kanfory Sylla, 6-Schumann Bah; 2-Pascal Feindouno, 3-Abdoul Salam Sow, 14-Ousmane Ngom Camara, 20-Abdulkarim Sylla; ; 10-Aboubacar Titi Camara, 9-Sambegou Bangoura

·
International
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
53rd minute: Still 0-0, very slow game. Both teams seem to be happy with the draw because they will go through to the quarter-finals if the score remains like this.

·
International
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
57th minute: GOAL Tunisia! Slim Benachour runs with the ball, passes to Dos Santos who plays it back to Slim Benachour and he scores! Very nice goal.

Tunisia 1 Guinea 0

·
Registered
55,903 Posts
well, cameroon is the squad who has the most experiences.
i never seen play mali. i will try to catch a game. are they in good position?

·
International
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The match is now more exciting. Guinea are looking for the equalizer. I think if Rwanda beat DR Congo 1-0 and Tunisia wins 2-0 then Guinea are out!

20 minute left.

·
International
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mali said:
well, cameroon is the squad who has the most experiences.
i never seen play mali. i will try to catch a game. are they in good position?
Yes, they've won twice with no problem against Kenya and Burkina Faso, they'll face Senegal next but they've already qualified. Mali were a good team but they got stronger now after Kanoute joined their squad.

·
International
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
83rd minute: Goal Guinea! Mistake from a Tunisian defender, Titi Camara takes advantage of that and scores.

Tunisia 1 Guinea 1

·
International
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
FT: Tunisia 1 Guinea 1

Both teams are through. Next round Tunisia will face the second placed team from Group B (Mali, Senegal, Burkina Faso) while Guinea plays the winner of Group B.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts