·
International
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Date: 14/02/2004
Time: 14:00 (GMT)
Venue: Rades

Preview:

Tunisia are looking to use home advantage in Saturday's Cup of Nations final against Morocco to become champions of Africa for the first time.

The Carthage Eagles will be without inspirational captain Khaled Badra after the defender received his second yellow card of the tournament in the semi-final against Nigeria.

Karim Saidi will come into the side at Badra's expense, and there may be a possible recall for Slim Benachour after the midfielder impressed after coming on as a late substitute against Nigeria.

Brazilian-born defender Jose Clayton is expected to retain his position in defence with Hatem Trabelsi still troubled by his knee injury.

Meanwhile, Morocco are awaiting the outcome of a late fitness test on key defender Talal El Karkouri.

El Karkouri suffered a hamstring injury in the quarter-final against Algeria and had been expected to take no further part in the competition but he is recovering quicker than anticipated.

If El Karkouri does not play, Morocco coach Badouy Zaki may stick with the 4-4-2 formation that he employed in the semi-final win against Mali in the Paris Saint Germain defender's absence.

And emerging star Youssef Hadji has insisted that the Atlas Lions are desperate to beat their North African rivals in Saturday's final.

"It's been almost 30 years since Morocco has won something - we'll be doing everything possible to try and bring the Cup home to Morocco," Hadji said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/3485991.stm

My Prediction: Tunisia 1 Morocco 2

BTW, I forgot that the 3rd/4th place match was today. Nigeria defeated Mali 2-1.

·
International
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Starting Lineups:

Tunisia: 1-Ali Boumnijel; 3-Karim Hagui, 15-Radhi Jaidi, 6-Hatem Trabelsi, 20-Clayton; 8-Mehdi Nafti, 18-Slim Benachour, 13-Riadh Bouazizi, 14-Adel Chedli; 5-Ziad Jaziri, 11-Francileudo dos Santos

Morocco: 1- Khalid Fouhami; 3-Akram Roumani, 4-Abdeslam Ouaddou, 5-Talal El Karkouri, 6-Noureddine Naybet; 2-Walid Regragui, 8-Abdelkrim Kaissi, 15-Youssef Safri, 20-Youssef Hadji; 17-Marouane Chammakh, 16-Youssef Mokhtari

Referee: Falla Ndoye (Senegal)

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
mali,

Tunisia are playing with a lot of width. Really stretching the morrocan defence. Trabelsi has made a big difference. And they are vicious and relentless when it come to closing down the morrocans.

Electric performance by the Tunisians, but can they keep this up?

COME ON MOROCCO

·
Registered
55,811 Posts
i found the match on eurosport, but it's not in live, it's the 32th minute, a off side is sanctionned on nazirri, but seems he was not, too bad because the net was wide open for him.

and i have the rugby match france-ireland in another channel.

hmm...
the choice is hard:)

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
mali said:
i found the match on eurosport, but it's not in live, it's the 32th minute, a off side is sanctionned on nazirri, but seems he was not, too bad because the net was wide open for him.

and i have the rugby match france-ireland in another channel.

hmm...
the choice is hard:)
I'm watching on TV5 for precisely that reason. Eurosport had a skiing tournament that was overunning. I'd personally watch the African cup final over a 6 nations game. Ideally I'd watch both. But my priorities are first to football :)

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
HT 1-1

This is the best performance I've seen from Tunisia! They've really surprised me.

Morocco have been rattled. They've been on the back foot most of the game. Karkouri doesn't look match fit, he's off the pace. Zaki shouldn't have risked him.

·
Registered
55,811 Posts
well, i like karkouri, as i don't follow PSG this season, i don't know if he is doing well there.

oops, my son just took the tv command:devil:
so, no match whatever it is, for me.

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Sorry it's CFI (Canal France International) , which from looking at their website is the parent company of TV5. It's partly owned by France Televisions, which makes me think it might be on terrestrial TV. But in any case why are you concerned. You're watching cartoons :fero: :D

·
Registered
55,811 Posts
he put the channel with the movie "the king scorpio".
thanks god it was the end.
now it's disney channel, i feel depressed:D

the HT is finished?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts