Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I assume we have a v.little hope ,iam really dissapointed but I hope its not the end in this cup ,as this line up is expected

G.k Abdelwa7ed elsayed

Def bsheer,wa2el 2bany,3bd elzaher el saka

mid T.said, elsa3id,tamerabdel7amid, 7ossam ghali, ahmad7assan, barkat

FWR MIDO

this is expected and I tottaly agree with this line up so we can play a balanced game infront of this GIANT team and ofcourse Ahmed belal will be ready any time if The damn manager needs him in the pitch .

here is a link 4 latest news on the thrillin match http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/3451383.stm

Good luck 4 the pharohs

·
International
6,724 Posts
Starting Lineups:

Cameroon: 1-Idriss Carlos Kameni; 2-Jean-Joel Perrier Doumbe, 4-Rigobert Song, 13-Lucien Mettomo, 5-Timothee Atouba; 8-Geremi Fotso Njitap, 7-Modeste Mbami, 19-Eric Djemba Djemba, 14-Jean Makoun; 9-Samuel Eto'o, 10-Patrick Mboma

Egypt: 16-Abdelwahed El Sayed; 3-Wael El Quabbani, 5-Abdelzaher El Saqqa, 15-Bechir Al Tabei; 7-Ahmed Fathi, 8-Tamer Abdelhamid, 13-Tarek El Sayed, 11-Tarek Said, 17-Ahmed Hassan; 9-Ahmed Hossam, 18-Hossam Ghali

10 minutes gone, still 0-0.

·
International
6,724 Posts
77th minute, still 0-0. Zimbabwe is leading Algeria in the other match, 2-1. If the scores remain as it is, then according to BBC Algeria will qualify to the quarters on goal difference.

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Egypt have once again showed a lack of cutting edge, just like against Algeria. They were the better team today, and should've won but they couldn't finish.

·
International
6,724 Posts
Hard luck to Egypt.

So Cameroon will face the 2nd team from Group D (Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa) in the QFs, while Algeria will play the top team of that group.

·
Registered
76 Posts
am i only one thinks this mido overrated? what he does? really nothing !!

egypte play really nice soccer but they miss a good #9....... they should won 6-1 against algerie and 5-0 against zimbabue but because no good striker they go home

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Egypt lacked self-confidence and win ability! They controlled all of their matches but still could not win but only one game and they with so much sweat got the job done.

Number 9 Mido is crap and will remain crap, Ahmed Bilal is by far a better player and striker than him!

·
Registered
57,614 Posts
Well in Football only goals count. We played well for the whole tournament but as all of you mentioned, we lacked the fire power. Mido is a great player and I Don't understand the bashing he's got from everyone !! COME ON..The man is man-marked with 3 players in every match !! Today Rigobert Song marked him and it's not easy to escape a player like Song ! Yeah Bilal is gold :proud: But Mido is Mido people !

The whole team had a good game. We didn't fear Cameroon at all. We didn't play Catenaccio, as obviously we needed a win. The defence, for the first time (Wael Al-Kabany started instead of :yuck: Hany Said :yuck: at sweeper which proved crucial) played realy well and was rock solid and stable. Eto'o and Mboma didn't do shit untill they were substituted. Hossam Ghaly's introduction to the Egyptian midfield was a good decision too and the lad played realy well. I Hope the Feyenoord officials/coaches whatever watched this game. He had a great match. :star:

Funny thing is, which proves that our coach is simply a DUMBASS, Our best players today were the goalie, Abdel Wahed Al-Sayed (didn't play the first 2 games), Wael Al-Kabany (same) and Hossam Ghaly (same). The LB Tarek Al-Sayed had a brilliant match and could have scored on 2 occasions ! His second shot was great but sadly it hit the post. Actually, Noone had a bad match and all the players gave 101%. Too bad we're out, but it happens.

Football is such a cruel thing.

·
Registered
76 Posts
mido maybe gets 3 player marking every match but whats good in him??? he cant shoot, cross, he only good in heads....give me hossam hassan !! just when hes playing is different

·
Registered
943 Posts
Nerazzuri4life said:
Well in Football only goals count. We played well for the whole tournament but as all of you mentioned, we lacked the fire power. Mido is a great player and I Don't understand the bashing he's got from everyone !! COME ON..The man is man-marked with 3 players in every match !! Today Rigobert Song marked him and it's not easy to escape a player like Song ! Yeah Bilal is gold :proud: But Mido is Mido people !

Sooo true...
Mido is still a kid, you should give him time. When you are marked by Song, you have no chance to score a goal.
Mido's team is to blame, they gave no good passes for him, so OF CORSE Ahmed Hossam was unable to score! :eek:

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Really mo7sen sale7 is getting me out of my nerves the starting line up was excellent ,he didnt want to gamble then he inserted belal and thats excellent.

last 20 min the ball was in the mid y not gamble and inserting barkat?????

thats crap he's playing on the draw with cameroon even after Mboma and eto r out he'afraid what the hell is he doing ?

really this manager is really stupid he's playing on a draw and he know that draw kicks us out!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

·
Registered
548 Posts
Egypt have to learn how to put the ball into the net. True, the Pharoahs outplayed all their opponents in Tunisa but only managed to score 3 goals in three matches and also conceding 3 goals in the process. You can't expect to get very far with that kind output. Better luck next time. Egypt missed a fellow like a Hossam Hassan at his prime. Shoop even a Ahmed El Kass might have gotten the job done in Tunisa.... ;)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Wellll .. I really dont know what to say!

I watched all 3 games and we controlled the play but just couldn't finish the job!

And as mad as I am at losing, I cannot find someone/thing to blame. Mohsen Saleh - apart from the stupid substitutions against Algeria and insisting on playing Hany Said and Nader el Sayed, didnt do much wrong. His gameplan was good against Cameroon, except maybe in the last 20 mins he should have introduced more of any attacking threat.

Mido is not to blame. He had a few good touches in each game and its not like he had 100% chances we could blame him. He was man-marked, so he kept dropping back to recieve the ball and start a play. Maybe a playmaker to supply him with balls or a strike partner would have helped his cause.

Anyway.. I'm too sad to say anything more.

I wish whoever comes next to coach has the decency to put a good system in place .. I'm thinking a good international coach - someone like Korea's Guus Hiddink in WC or Boro Multonovic.

:depress:

:depress:

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Coolio mate, one correction. ;)

You used the words Good Coach and Milutinovic in one sentence which is not possible :D ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts