·
International
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Date: 02/02/2004
Time: 13:00 (GMT)
Venue: Bizerte

Preview:

Burkina Faso need to win their final Group B game against Kenya to stand any chance of qualifying for the African Cup of Nations quarter-finals.

However, the Stallions coach Jean-Paul Rabier is resigned to the fact his sqaud are likely to be packing their bags following Monday's match.

"I don't think Senegal are going to be surprised in their last match against Mali. There is a 99% chance that we won't be in the quarter-finals," he said.

Dieudonne Minoungou, who came on as substitute to score against Mali last week, may get a starting place.

There is no other team news from Burkina camp.

Kenya will be hoping to grab a consolation victory from their final match.

"We came here with two objectives. The first was to make the second round which is not possible now, the dream is over. The second aim was to win a match at the finals for the first time," said coach Jacob Mulee.

"We will be fighting to do that against Burkina Faso."

Kenya striker Denis Oliech, who has played well in fits and starts but not scored, is likely to be partnered again by veteran Mike Okoth.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/3449279.stm

My Prediction: Burkina Faso 2 Kenya 0

·
International
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Starting Lineups:

Burkina Faso: 1-Mohamed Kabore, 2-Moussa Ouatara, 6-Rahim Ouedraogo, 7-Amadou Coulibaly, 8-Mahamoudou Kere, 9-Moumouni Dagano, 14-Dieudonne Minoungou, 18-Amadou Traore, 17-Ahmadou Tall, 20-Ahmed Ouattara, 21-Toussaint Natama,

Kenya: 18-Duncan Ochieng, 6-Musa Otieno, 12-Thomas Juma, 2-Titus Mulama, 7-Adam Shaban, 22-Mike Okoth, 5-Philip Opiyo, 19-Robert Mambo, 20-Denis Oliech, 21-Emmanuel Ake, (15)-Moses Nyandusix

·
International
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kenya are 2-0 up.

Oliech produces a dazzling run that sees him skip past two defenders. He plays a teasing ball into the six-yard box which eludes all except the grateful Emmanuel Ake, 1-0.

Oliech finally gets his reward. The striker anticipates Mulama's cross into the penalty area and gets there before the Burkina keeper to slot home from four-yards out into an empty net, 2-0.

·
International
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Goal Kenya! Oliech produces miracles again. The striker runs into the penalty area and then backheels a pass into the path of substitute John Barasa who clips his effort above the defender on the line and high into the net.

Burkina Faso 0 Kenya 3

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
WE FINALLY DID IT:D :D :D :D

Just great...we might have lost to Mali & Senegal but we came out with something from this tournament...OLIECH...yes he is very raw missing sitters left & right but he just turned 19 today & he will learn...not forgetting Ochieng in goal for the over-caffeinated Onyiso...the defense needs alot of work & we shall be working on it...

We are coming along slowly but surely...

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Pastor Ukweli said:
WE FINALLY DID IT:D :D :D :D

Just great...we might have lost to Mali & Senegal but we came out with something from this tournament...OLIECH...yes he is very raw missing sitters left & right but he just turned 19 today & he will learn...not forgetting Ochieng in goal for the over-caffeinated Onyiso...the defense needs alot of work & we shall be working on it...

We are coming along slowly but surely...
Congrats man. I Said it before on previous threads about Kenya. You have a good team but your defenders and goalie are amateurish. Dennis Oliech impressed me from the first game against Senegal. Where does he play ? Hope he doesn't play in Europe so Al-Ahly can snatch him. ;)

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Congrats man. I Said it before on previous threads about Kenya. You have a good team but your defenders and goalie are amateurish. Dennis Oliech impressed me from the first game against Senegal. Where does he play ? Hope he doesn't play in Europe so Al-Ahly can snatch him.
Thanks...

Oliech plys his trade in Qatar:confused: with Al Arabi the wealthy team that has Batistuta & Hierro...matter of fact the Qatari's offered him a bounty to switch citizenship but he declined their over-generous offer...he is definately the best talent to come out of Kenya in decades if not ever..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts