·
International
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Date: 31/01/2004
Time: 17:00 (GMT)
Venue: Sfax

Preview:

Morocco will be looking to secure their berth in the quarter-finals of the African Cup of Nations with victory over minnows Benin.

The north African side secured an opening victory over Group D favourites Nigeria thanks to Youssef Hajdi effort and now look almost certain to advance.

Coach Badou Zaki is content with how his side have coped in Tunisia up until now.

"We are looking good. We are a young team who need all the support we can get," said Zaki.

Morocco seem likely field an unchanged side.

Benin need a minor miracle if they are to advnace from the Group stage.

They held their opening group opponents, South Africa, for most of the match before striker Siyabonga Nomvete made them pay.

"The result against South Africa didn't do us justice," said Jones coach Cecil Benin Attuquayefio.

"I believe there will be surprises in this tournament and we almost created one on Tuesday.

"My youngsters are playing well and they were not embarrassed by losing to South Africa. We are on a learning curve and our aim remains unchanged and that is to reach the second round."

There are set to be no major changes in the Benin starting XI for the match against Morocco.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/3445395.stm

My Prediction: Benin 0 Morocco 3

·
International
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Starting Lineups:

Morocco: 1-Khalid Fouhami; 4-Abdeslam Ouaddah, 5-Talal El Karkouri, 6-Noureddine Naybet; 2-Walid Regragui, 8-Abdelkrim Kissi, 15-Youssef Safri, 11-Mohamed Yaccoubi, 13-Houcine Kharja; 7-Jawid Zairi, 17-Marouane Chammakh

Benin: 1-Rachid Chitou; 5-Damian Chrysostome, 15-Anicet Adjamossi, 17-Sylvain Remi, 18-Seida Konabe; 2-Moussa Latoundji, 7-Roumauld Bocco, 8-Stanislas Toclomiti, 19-Jocelyn Ahoueya; 10-Oumar Tchomogo, 14-Alain Gaspoz

·
Registered
548 Posts
Benin started leaking goals profusely. Their keeper was utter:yuck: The Beniniois defence wasn't much better. And their attack was blunt. The "Squirrels" came to Tunisia to learn, and Morocco did do some good second half teaching. Congrats to the Atlas Lions.

Man, come to think of it.......did the Sqiuirrels ever think they could outwit a Lion on a flat pitch with no tress available to get away??

·
Registered
57,614 Posts
Valdano said:
Man, come to think of it.......did the Sqiuirrels ever think they could outwit a Lion on a flat pitch with no tress available to get away??
:D :howler:

Morocco won without sweating tonight in Sfax. Easiest match of the whole tournament (I didn't watch Nigeria V RSA) ;)

Even Naybet, Ouaddou and Karkouri were pushing forward. :D

As for Benin's goalie..Well.

:eek: :howler: :howler: :yuck: :tongue: :dielaugh: :thumbdwn: :ass: :eek: :dazed: :D

look at his name..Richard Chitou :howler:. he's shitty, suits his name very well. I'm not being harsh but..3 out of the 4 goals Benin conceded were very funny. Even school boys don't concede 3 funny goals in 1 match !!

South Africa are surely out now. Can't wait for Nigeria V Benin. :howler:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts